Wrestling Legends Install Guide and Support Thread

Red Rooster

1 hour ago, lilchoppam said:

It's too quiet here.. Tell me it's not over already! Are we going to get another update? More movesets, fixed bugs? Don't give up on is yet. Ppl out there still playing No mercy, here comes the pain, etc. Let's make Wrestling Legends the best Mods ever!!

Already? Its been over for 3 and a 1/2 years, Bugsyboy, Summerslammer, STLPowercat and I have all long since retired from modding, we have created the framework and done most of the heavy lifting, anything else that needs doing, needs to be done by the community.

I may one day come out of retirement to finish Update 1.2 if Xenia is ever able to play 2k14 but if not then its fairly unlikely it will ever happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

2 hours ago, lilchoppam said:

It's too quiet here.. Tell me it's not over already! Are we going to get another update? More movesets, fixed bugs? Don't give up on is yet. Ppl out there still playing No mercy, here comes the pain, etc. Let's make Wrestling Legends the best Mods ever!!

With respect, someone could take a dump on Wrestling Legends and it would STILL be the best mod for a wrestling game ever.

As @Red Rooster said, another official update is probably not going to happen. That being said, some of us have gone to great lengths to keep this game/mod active and alive. I guess it just depends on what kind of addition you're looking for. 

I've added quite a few CAWS and wrestler mods, as well as belts (AWA, UWF) and new arenas (AWA, World Class, UWF). I'm happy to share them if you're interested. 

This game is very moddable, so if you have specific things you'd like to see added, I encourage you to do some investigating and learn how. This community is incredibly supportive and helpful.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2

On 6/2/2021 at 10:40 PM, denbigh7 said:

With respect, someone could take a dump on Wrestling Legends and it would STILL be the best mod for a wrestling game ever.

As @Red Rooster said, another official update is probably not going to happen. That being said, some of us have gone to great lengths to keep this game/mod active and alive. I guess it just depends on what kind of addition you're looking for. 

I've added quite a few CAWS and wrestler mods, as well as belts (AWA, UWF) and new arenas (AWA, World Class, UWF). I'm happy to share them if you're interested. 

This game is very moddable, so if you have specific things you'd like to see added, I encourage you to do some investigating and learn how. This community is incredibly supportive and helpful.

Anyway you could share some of the wrestler mods with me? Interested in Adonis and Ventura. Thanks 

2 hours ago, hulkamania4life said:

Anyway you could share some of the wrestler mods with me? Interested in Adonis and Ventura. Thanks 

I'm happy to share any of the mods I've created (belts, arenas, match screens, etc.). But I don't feel as though I have the right to share the wrestler mods. They were created by another guy whom I comissioned to do so, and I wouldn't feel good about just giving his work away. Believe me, I'd love for everyone to add them to their game, because they are fantastic! I'd be happy to put you in touch with him, however. 

1 hour ago, denbigh7 said:

I'm happy to share any of the mods I've created (belts, arenas, match screens, etc.). But I don't feel as though I have the right to share the wrestler mods. They were created by another guy whom I comissioned to do so, and I wouldn't feel good about just giving his work away. Believe me, I'd love for everyone to add them to their game, because they are fantastic! I'd be happy to put you in touch with him, however. 

I understand your thought about that, but isn't that the point of mods to let everyone enjoy them and contribute to the community? At least that's what I would say, it's a shame that a lot of good mods never got publicly released because they only were commisions.

3 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

Im guessing they were made by ERI619 yeah?

23 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Im guessing they were made by ERI619 yeah?

They were, yes.

1 hour ago, justYn1893 said:

I understand your thought about that, but isn't that the point of mods to let everyone enjoy them and contribute to the community? At least that's what I would say, it's a shame that a lot of good mods never got publicly released because they only were commisions.

I don’t disagree with you, but since our communication was done outside of this forum, mods not released on this forum, etc., that’s what makes me give the creator of these mods the courtesy and respect to not treat his work like my own. 

11 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

They were, yes.

I don’t disagree with you, but since our communication was done outside of this forum, mods not released on this forum, etc., that’s what makes me give the creator of these mods the courtesy and respect to not treat his work like my own. 

You paid for them, they are yours to do with what you like but thats all Im saying I dont want to get involved

13 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

They were, yes.

The thing with ERI is, he never released any of his mods / commisions and that's something he got criticized for in the past. Besides that he is literally banned from every where else besides on his own forum so obviously he can't post anything here. And since you paid him to make something for you, you can do whatever you want with them and simply give him credit for his work. But yeah in the end it's up to you.

Edited by justYn1893

3 minutes ago, justYn1893 said:

The thing with ERI is, he never released any of his mods / commisions and that's something he got criticized for in the past. Besides that he is literally banned from every where else besides on his own forum so obviously he can't post anything here. And since you paid him to make something for you, you can do whatever you want with them and simply give him credit for his work. But yeah in the end it's up to you.

I wasn’t aware of all his history here, as our initial contact was outside this forum. 
I don’t want to offend him (even if he never sees this) nor anyone else on this forum, as I’ve found everyone to be incredibly helpful and supportive whenever I’ve had a question. That being said, I still just wouldn’t feel right about sharing his work without his permission.

I hope that doesn’t come across as selfish on my part. It’s truly out of a desire to be respectful and act with integrity.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, denbigh7 said:

I wasn’t aware of all his history here, as our initial contact was outside this forum. 
I don’t want to offend him (even if he never sees this) nor anyone else on this forum, as I’ve found everyone to be incredibly helpful and supportive whenever I’ve had a question. That being said, I still just wouldn’t feel right about sharing his work without his permission.

I hope that doesn’t come across as selfish on my part. It’s truly out of a desire to be respectful and act with integrity.

Fair enough, I just dont like the idea that he is going to charge multiple people for the same mod, in my opinion a commissioned mod should become public once it is created.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 4

I apologise if I stirred anything up here. Thought they were being offered to share. So figured I'd ask. Thanks anyway. 

@denbigh7

I hope you didn't pay for David Von Erich. I had commisioned him from Eri years ago and actually released him for free in this thread

There are several other mods that I paid Eri to make and freely shared them with this group.

As everyone else has said, you do what you feel is right....but you own the mods so there's absolutely no harm in sharing. In my experience with dealing with Eri, he will without hesitation create a mod for someone and then turn around and try to sell it to someone else.

On another note, I can't believe this thread is still going! I hope everyone is enjoying the game!

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 2

4 hours ago, stlpowercat said:

@denbigh7

I hope you didn't pay for David Von Erich. I had commisioned him from Eri years ago and actually released him for free in this thread

There are several other mods that I paid Eri to make and freely shared them with this group.

As everyone else has said, you do what you feel is right....but you own the mods so there's absolutely no harm in sharing. In my experience with dealing with Eri, he will without hesitation create a mod for someone and then turn around and try to sell it to someone else.

On another note, I can't believe this thread is still going! I hope everyone is enjoying the game!

I'm pretty sure the creators of the Wrestling Legends mod also commissioned him to make guys like Jimmy Snuka & others for the game.  I feel like any way we as a community can improve this mod by coming together is what made it great in the first place.  I've been working on updates on the game from what they released with the first update (updating movesets, CAWs, entrances, etc.) but that's nothing compared to the hours these guys put into this mod.  That being said, any way I can help them add to this to make it better, I'd gladly do so.  I appreciate everyone who has contributed in some way so far.  This game is definitely where it's at & there is still room for more improvements.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

I totally agree with Red Rooster and the others. Once you've commissioned him they belong to you to do whatever you desire. I really like this game and hope that as a community we can continue to support it and hopefully not try to turn everything into a money grab. I'm new to nodding but as I get better if there are things that I find or do I'll gladly share them if it'll contribute to this great mod and help others. 

15 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Fair enough, I just dont like the idea that he is going to charge multiple people for the same mod, in my opinion a commissioned mod should become public once it it created.

Hi,the Wrestling Legends have all the original roster from wwe 2k14? Or was replaced?

On 6/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, Red Rooster said:

Already? Its been over for 3 and a 1/2 years, Bugsyboy, Summerslammer, STLPowercat and I have all long since retired from modding, we have created the framework and done most of the heavy lifting, anything else that needs doing, needs to be done by the community.

I may one day come out of retirement to finish Update 1.2 if Xenia is ever able to play 2k14 but if not then its fairly unlikely it will ever happen.

Hi,i have a question, Wrestling Legends have already the wwe 2k14 original roster? Or missed instead 80s legends?

2 hours ago, Deadite988 said:

Hi,the Wrestling Legends have all the original roster from wwe 2k14? Or was replaced?

Hi,i have a question, Wrestling Legends have already the wwe 2k14 original roster? Or missed instead 80s legends?

Modern wrestlers all replaced with Legends

5 hours ago, Deadite988 said:

It's the wrestling game fans have been wanting for years!  The roster has wrestlers from WWF, WCW, ECW, NWA & more!  The in-game roster & logos have all been replaced, as well as sound.  They've added moves, entrance animations & so much more, it's awesome!  Plus all the Created Superstars w/ their actual logos & textures.  They even have real render pictures!  I recommend it for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, XIII XHP said:

I'm pretty sure the creators of the Wrestling Legends mod also commissioned him to make guys like Jimmy Snuka & others for the game.  I feel like any way we as a community can improve this mod by coming together is what made it great in the first place.  I've been working on updates on the game from what they released with the first update (updating movesets, CAWs, entrances, etc.) but that's nothing compared to the hours these guys put into this mod.  That being said, any way I can help them add to this to make it better, I'd gladly do so.  I appreciate everyone who has contributed in some way so far.  This game is definitely where it's at & there is still room for more improvements.

We did commission Eri to make mods for us and some of the mods in Wrestling Legends were made by him, the relationship soured and there was some unpleasantness that almost stopped Wrestling Legends ever being released.

There's no point in digging up the past so I'll leave it there but for anyone thinking of commissioning Eri to make mods just bear in mind that although he does great work and makes really nice mods, his honesty has been brought into question on several occasions so be aware of what you are getting into.

• Like 3

What is the proper tool to use to import some of the mods listed above? And also thanks for sharing those. X-Pac 9 or X-Pac 10, X-rey? And how do I get the correct one? Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, hulkamania4life said:

What is the proper tool to use to import some of the mods listed above? And also thanks for sharing those. X-Pac 9 or X-Pac 10, X-rey? And how do I get the correct one? Thanks in advance. 

Xpacker, the latest version is backwards compatible with older games, contact Tekken57 to get it.

Xrey is only needed if you want to make your own mods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There may be a thread for this and I just missed it but is there a way to fix the replays so that they work properly and not all glitchy or is that just how it has to be?

31 minutes ago, lilchoppam said:

There may be a thread for this and I just missed it but is there a way to fix the replays so that they work properly and not all glitchy or is that just how it has to be?

Nope just turn them off

• Like 1