Wrestling Legends Install Guide and Support Thread

Red Rooster

4 hours ago, Thomas Cabral said:

So quick question here, if I don't have a folder that says "GAMES" where do I save the Wrestling Legends folder to?

Where are your other games stored?

1 minute ago, Red Rooster said:

Where are your other games stored?

Well, over in my Aurora's "Data" folder there's a folder called "GameData". I'm assuming that may be where it's from. If it's not that, I'll likely make my own "Games" folder.

Ive never used Aurora I still use FreeStyle Dash so Im not sure exactly how it works on Aurora but Im presuming its pretty similar.

In FSD you can tell it which folder games are in as well as folders for other homebrew stuff like emulators etc. Im guessing Aurora has the same.

If anyone wants to do some 92 - 93 HBK attires I'd love you forever. It's literally the only thing keeping this from being a perfect mod, imo.

Edited by [FxM] Designs

UPDATE: I have managed to finally get an external hard drive and have installed Wrestling Legends. Everything works except for the custom music - even though I am positive I've followed the instructions for the mindex folder most of the wrestlers do not have a theme. What should I do?

2 hours ago, Thomas Cabral said:

UPDATE: I have managed to finally get an external hard drive and have installed Wrestling Legends. Everything works except for the custom music - even though I am positive I've followed the instructions for the mindex folder most of the wrestlers do not have a theme. What should I do?

Its the mindex folder, take some screenshots of your mindex folder location and also inside it and post them here for me to look at but its definitely a problem with how you have installed the mindex folder

12 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Its the mindex folder, take some screenshots of your mindex folder location and also inside it and post them here for me to look at but its definitely a problem with how you have installed the mindex folder

It’s probably because I put it on an external hard drive that reads as a USB on my XBOX. I’m planning on getting an internal hard drive, anyways.

I put the mindex folder right in the external hard drive - it didn’t have a mindex folder before, so I didn’t have to worry about backing anything up before.

34 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Yeah Im pretty certain that the mindex folder has to be on the internal hard drive for the game to recognise it.

Alright, thank you. I have just purchased one online.

2 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Yeah Im pretty certain that the mindex folder has to be on the internal hard drive for the game to recognise it.

Yes, the "minidex" folder which has all the custom theme songs NEEDS to be on an internal hard drive, as that's where custom soundtracks are put when you rip a CD to the Xbox 360.

• Like 1

Ok. I have a few suggestions for the update. Please keep in mind that these are ONLY suggestions. I understand if they can't be done, or you can simply tell me to fuck off since this is your creation. I've also compiled notes regarding The Rocks attires/entrances. I have no problem making another post about that if you would like to look into it. Its lengthy, though. And I honestly don't know if you guys can even do anything about it, with how entrances are locked to certain attire slots.

Ok, first suggestion... The Harlem Heat's entrance. They come out with Cryme Tyme's motion. One of the main reasons I loved Harlem Heat was the way theh carried themselves. As a black man, I really appreciated them being badasses that were all about business. They should have an entrance that reflects that. Seeing them coming out dancing and prancing... it's cringey, man. They were the antithesis of that. A generic heel entrance would be fitting. Out of all suggestions, I really hope you consider this one.

One Man Gang. He's  eligible for the cruiserweight titles. Light heavyweight. And has some cruiserweight abilities, like jumping to the top turnbuckle in a single bound. Maybe you can look into this.

The Brood's 2 man tag entrance, is it possible to have it changed to Edge and Christian's tag entrance? This way we keep The Brood stable intact but can also get that E&C vibe when we'd like. 

Lita. Her model is her later 2006(?) Era version. This model and her Attitude Era version (I believe even that one was her early 2000s version) are both in WWE 13. Maybe a swap? I know Red doesn't care about Divas, but it's for accuracy purposes. Ha.

Something I noticed in Universe Mode with The Outsiders tag team... it uses Modern Era Kevin Nash and a version of Scott Hall which uses a render that can't be found anywhere else in the game. (His NWO version from WWE 2K14). To further test out this anomaly, I set up a new NWO stable in Universe Mode with Hollywood Hogan, NWO Kevin Nash and NWO Scott Hall, and it worked. Also, when you set up a tag match and select Modern Era Nash, his partner doesn't default to that mystery version of Scott Hall. You might want to look into this.

Thank you for considering any of these things, if you do indeed happen to. I don't ever want you guys to feel like I'm complaining, (Maybe I am just a little with Harlem Heat's entrance, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from with that) These are just small observations that I've made and I want to give some feedback. You guys deserve it. Just trying to help this game be as perfect as it can be. Because it damn near is. And I totally understand if you don't feel like changing certain things from a creative standpoint because this is in fact... your creation. And a masterpiece of a creation it is. 

By the way, setting up Universe Mode I noticed you guys had a show logo for ECW's Massacre on Queens Blvd! Who the hell did that???!!! Holy fuck that blew my mind! THANK YOU! I know there's no ECW Queens NYC arena but that little nod right there, man... Fuck. You guys made the dopest Legend game ever. 

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

13 hours ago, GRITZ 718 said:

Ok, first suggestion... The Harlem Heat's entrance. They come out with Cryme Tyme's motion. One of the main reasons I loved Harlem Heat was the way theh carried themselves. As a black man, I really appreciated them being badasses that were all about business. They should have an entrance that reflects that. Seeing them coming out dancing and prancing... it's cringey, man. They were the antithesis of that. A generic heel entrance would be fitting. Out of all suggestions, I really hope you consider this one.

Yeah that can be done, not sure why they ended up being given Cryme Tymes entrance, I think we just wanted to try and use all the animations in the game if we could, ill add  it to the list

One Man Gang. He's  eligible for the cruiserweight titles. Light heavyweight. And has some cruiserweight abilities, like jumping to the top turnbuckle in a single bound. Maybe you can look into this.

Yeah pretty sure I fixed that in my game already but Ill add it to the list of things I need to check

The Brood's 2 man tag entrance, is it possible to have it changed to Edge and Christian's tag entrance? This way we keep The Brood stable intact but can also get that E&C vibe when we'd like. 

I dunno but I could check if its possible, Attitude era wasnt really my area, I stopped watching wrestling in 1990 

Lita. Her model is her later 2006(?) Era version. This model and her Attitude Era version (I believe even that one was her early 2000s version) are both in WWE 13. Maybe a swap? I know Red doesn't care about Divas, but it's for accuracy purposes. Ha.

See the answer above this one. Attitude Era got the least amount of attention, Hogan era WWF and WCW were the main focus, everything else was an after thought to fill in space

Something I noticed in Universe Mode with The Outsiders tag team... it uses Modern Era Kevin Nash and a version of Scott Hall which uses a render that can't be found anywhere else in the game. (His NWO version from WWE 2K14). To further test out this anomaly, I set up a new NWO stable in Universe Mode with Hollywood Hogan, NWO Kevin Nash and NWO Scott Hall, and it worked. Also, when you set up a tag match and select Modern Era Nash, his partner doesn't default to that mystery version of Scott Hall. You might want to look into this.

Yeah that Scott Hall is the DLC version, the model got moved to the other Scott Hall slot for some reason, there was a reason for it but I cant remember why. 

The Wrestler ID in the Outsiders tag must still have the old Hall ID

I will set up an NWO stable with Hall and Nash as the tag team for the future.

Thank you for considering any of these things, if you do indeed happen to. I don't ever want you guys to feel like I'm complaining, (Maybe I am just a little with Harlem Heat's entrance, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from with that) These are just small observations that I've made and I want to give some feedback. You guys deserve it. Just trying to help this game be as perfect as it can be. Because it damn near is. And I totally understand if you don't feel like changing certain things from a creative standpoint because this is in fact... your creation. And a masterpiece of a creation it is. 

By the way, setting up Universe Mode I noticed you guys had a show logo for ECW's Massacre on Queens Blvd! Who the hell did that???!!! Holy fuck that blew my mind! THANK YOU! I know there's no ECW Queens NYC arena but that little nod right there, man... Fuck. You guys made the dopest Legend game ever. 

Thanks man, we tried to be a thorough as possible but it was a massive project and only a small group of people so its amazing we achieved as much as we did.

Finding time & motivation to work on an update is difficult but I appreciate the feedback, I will try to make as many changes as I can that people have suggested.

The ECW logo was @STLPowerCat or SummerSlammers doing (sorry I cant remember) they did a great job.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

So  today I tried to make another NWO stable in Universe Mode. Big Poppa Pump and Buff were the first 2 chosen as the tag team, Hennig, Syxx and Giant rounded out the group. Went into create an entrance for them, and Scott Steiner's tron was going. I mean... it was there, you could select it, but it was a blank screen. Wondering if it's a bug I caused by making a team but his tron is in the base game. Not a real problem because the NWO all use a generic stable tron. Just couldn't understand.  Then I remembered...

With the other NWO all the members are regular guys. But with Steiner... he's a genetic freak. So there's a 33 1/3 chance something would bug out. But if you take away the rest of the stable, that leaves you with 66 2/3 chance of having no glitch. Minus the 28% with CAWs and add another 5% for saves data... and he has 104% chance of losing his tron. 

Shout out to anyone who gets it.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, GRITZ 718 said:

With the other NWO all the members are regular guys. But with Steiner... he's a genetic freak. So there's a 33 1/3 chance something would bug out. But if you take away the rest of the stable, that leaves you with 66 2/3 chance of having no glitch. Minus the 28% with CAWs and add another 5% for saves data... and he has 104% chance of losing his tron. 

Shout out to anyone who gets it.

haahhahahahahaha xDDD you made me really laugh at this one

• Too Sweet 1

• 4 weeks later...

By chance, does anyone know which entrance object is referenced in the POW Hogan entrance pac? I extracted 652 from Entrance06 and then opened 652.pac in HxD, and it looks like it references object 2870 like in 2k15. However, when I look in evtobj.pac there is no 2870.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ricflairandy said:

Does anyone know if i can add wrestlers to this mod? I want to add a Mr America. Thanks

Not really add because we filled the game up to capacity but you could replace a wrestler with Mr America if you wanted.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, Red Rooster said:

Not really add because we filled the game up to capacity but you could replace a wrestler with Mr America if you wanted.

What about adding a caw? Would that overwrite what i already have?

Hello Sirs, Red Rooster!

I really apreciate YOUR work on this mod and everyone who is/was involved in it. Couldn't contact you via a letter. Can I have a link on this mod? Thanks.

10 hours ago, ArtyBashevBBB said:

Hello Sirs, Red Rooster!

I really apreciate YOUR work on this mod and everyone who is/was involved in it. Couldn't contact you via a letter. Can I have a link on this mod? Thanks.

Sorry my Inbox was full, Ill send you a PM

On 7/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, Red Rooster said:

We only used 50 of the 100 slots so you can add some caws if you know how.

Just to clarify, are you saying that we can create extra CAWS within the modded game without deleting any of the ones you guys have already created? Or, are you saying that we need to create them outside of the game and somehow insert them in? There are a few CAWs I'd love to add, but the last thing I want to do is mess up this perfectly modded game. 

On a different note, if you ever had the itch to add an AWA ring and/or AWA championship belt to this mod, I'd gladly donate towards that. Long shot, I know, as you've mentioned that you aren't adding anymore. Just throwing that out there.....

Yes, either you can create caws or import them from someone elses save using a tool like Xpacker 9 or newer. Just make sure you make backups before you attempt importing any caws because theres a fairly good chance you can break the save if you dont know what you are doing.

@summerslammer is your man, I retired from Arena modding and Im not planning on coming out of retirement. Summerslammer is semiretired too but it couldnt hurt to ask him.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. So, if I create the CAWS in game, I don't really have to worry about messing up the save? That's only if I import them? 

I'll hit up @summerslammer as well, thanks so much amigo. 

23 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. So, if I create the CAWS in game, I don't really have to worry about messing up the save? That's only if I import them? 

I'll hit up @summerslammer as well, thanks so much amigo. 

Yeah if you create them in game, just save them in any of the free caw slots

• Like 1