Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

Tekken has posted elsewhere on the forum he won't be releasing an update for X-Packer until after Easter due to him traveling. So we will have to await an update for his program till then.

so prior to the update i was running smoothly getting the 60 fps. now im getting less than 30. i have a gtx670 2gb 8core xeon cpu 10gb of ram. wtf? oh and not to mention CC always fails. ugh.

• Like 1

so prior to the update i was running smoothly getting the 60 fps. now im getting less than 30. i have a gtx670 2gb 8core xeon cpu 10gb of ram. wtf? oh and not to mention CC always fails. ugh.

A Xeon? :o How comes?

Same boat ahaahah

• Like 1

If you tried Pozzum's method and created a blank "chunk_cache.bin"

this is how the properties should look

2ldx4js.png

Note the field that says "type of file"

It must say BIN. If it says TXT you did it wrong.

If that is how the properties of the file looks and the game doesn't work or you're crashing its probably because of your shitty crack.

Buy the game.

i'm having a problem with mine. my original is showing Bin File but when i make the copy, it is showing text.

• Like 1

so for some reason i couldnt pick any wrestlers outside of CAWs so i just decided to uninstall and reinstall the game and now it crashes at start up. Am i permanently screwed?

i use my mac pro for gaming and video editing. Just so there's no confusion i am playing fallout 4 on HIGH with about 200 mods and getting 60fps consistently. sometimes theres pop in, but by GAWD JR......im so pissed right now

i use my mac pro for gaming and video editing. Just so there's no confusion i am playing fallout 4 on HIGH with about 200 mods and getting 60fps consistently. sometimes theres pop in, but by GAWD JR......im so pissed right now

How is this... 2k16 and Fallout haven't been released for Mac

He probably has windows OS on his mac.

thanks so much guys for this fix! i edited chunk_cache.bin with hxd,erased te first line and saved,for me the game works fine,i'm using windows 7

I seriously don't know what to do, the update to X-Packer will fix the memory address in the programme but the screwed up game won't be fixed by a Tekken update right? So should I just reinstall the game?

pls pls this make me nuts, i can't install superstars with CheatEngine anymore. I hear new table, new patch. I already got this things but it still don't work anymore

He probably has windows OS on his mac.

yeah, i thought about using wineskin or crossover but nah. windows10 bootcamp is all. my bad for the confusion

pls pls this make me nuts, i can't install superstars with CheatEngine anymore. I hear new table, new patch. I already got this things but it still don't work anymore

record a video and I'll take a look.  that's the easiest way for me to figure out what's wrong. 

I have been away for a few days and now I try to play the game and it crashes on the first menu screen. Is this a patch related issue? I had no issues before going away.
My computer is more than capable of handling this game. wtf

I have been away for a few days and now I try to play the game and it crashes on the first menu screen. Is this a patch related issue? I had no issues before going away.

Yes. It's all documented in this very thread. Just watch the video in the first post of the thread for instructions on how to easily fix it.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Yes. It's all documented in this very thread. Just watch the video in the first post of the thread for instructions on how to easily fix it.

I tried that, it didn't work so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it's fine now.

Yes I have seen this tutorial , but don't work !!!!!!!! the game crash if I rename this file ..........

2ldx4js.png

If that is how the properties of the file looks and the game doesn't work or you're crashing its probably because of your shitty crack.

Buy the game.

i'm having a problem with mine. my original is showing Bin File but when i make the copy, it is showing text.

I have the same problem about that !!!!!!!

Yes I have seen this tutorial , but don't work !!!!!!!! the game crash if I rename this file ..........

2ldx4js.png

Buy the game.

I have the same problem about that !!!!!!!

That's because you need to go to your folder options in Windows Explorer and untick "Hide extensions for known file types" (best to apply it to all folders, too). That'll then show you your files with extensions and you'll see that you've only created chunk_cache.bin.txt file. Simply delete the .txt extension so it's called chunk_cache.bin and it'll work.

Creating a text file of chunk_cache.txt simply crashes my game instantly at the austin splash screen. I had to hex edit the file as mentioned in this thread to get my game working again. Even deleting the exe and the chunk_cache file and redownloading them after verification still crashed my game. I'm just glad there is some sort of work around that allows me to play the game, let alone having some mods installed :)

You should create a new chunk_cache.bin file NOT a chunk_cache.txt file! You have to rename .txt to .bin. The game crashes when there's no chunk_cache.bin file!

It's the same problem what other people have who've created a chunk_cache file and renamed only the file name to "chunk_cache.bin". Because Windows hides the file extension by default. The file name is now chunk_cache.bin but the extension is still txt! So your file is now called chunk_cache.bin.txt but you will only see chunk_cache.bin. That is why the game still crashes because there is no chunk_cache.bin file. And that is also the reason why you see txt file instead of binary (bin) file in the info.

The name with extension needs to be chunk_cache.bin! Not chunk_cache.bin.txt and not chunk_cache.txt! Maybe - to prevent more errors of that sort - it would be better to make a link to an empty cache file so that all users could download that.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1