Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

I just did a quick test if you want to keep the New WWE2K16.exe and chunk_cache.bin, but still have your mods work and have quick load time.

1.Open the chunk_cache.bin in hex editor and Delete the First Line. Save and that's it

That's all your mods are still there and quick load still works!

Thanks buddy =) my game works even better now

Patched WWE 2K16.exe : [redacted]

Is this the old.exe? Or the new patched exe?
Thanks, Bro

the new patched one

Also for some reason Rock and Austins Movesets Disappeared.  But everyone else is ok.

Edited by pozzum

Patched WWE 2K16.exe : [redacted]

Thanks, Bro

the new patched one

Also for some reason Rock and Austins Movesets Disappeared.  But everyone else is ok.

So what should I do?
Change the chunk file by deleting the first line /Create a blank chunk ?
Put the old .exe
Or install your patch, Pozzum?

Edited by pozzum

BTW, for those that suggested hex editing the first line (or first byte) of the cache file, that does the same thing as just making a blank one. Game start ups slow down just the same.

That's exactly what I thought!

BTW, for those that suggested hex editing the first line (or first byte) of the cache file, that does the same thing as just making a blank one. Game start ups slow down just the same.

it doesn't start up slow for me. Game open's up within 10-15 seconds to the main menu.

it doesn't start up slow for me. Game open's up within 10-15 seconds to the main menu.

Second start was faster even before the update. Try to restart your PC and the game starts as slow as before... At least for me (But I must say, I've never had any problems with that "first start takes minutes" because my game didn't have that long wait times... Only 15 seconds or so...)

Edited by TheVisitorX

Second start was faster even before the update. Try to restart your PC and the game starts as slow as before... At least for me.

Bingo. The game starts up faster after a few times always, so you'd have to restart your PC to notice that the hex edit method doesn't do anything.

Thanks, Bro

the new patched one

So what should I do?
Put the old .exe

Blank chunk. What Pozzum posted is just the post-patch exe. Blank chunk_cache is still the best method.

• Like 1

Second start was faster even before the update. Try to restart your PC and the game starts as slow as before... At least for me.

Bingo. The game starts up faster after a few times always, so you'd have to restart your PC to notice that the hex edit method doesn't do anything.

Thanks, Bro

the new patched one

So what should I do?
Put the old .exe

Blank chunk. What Pozzum posted is just the post-patch exe. Blank chunk_cache is still the best method.

Sorry for the stupid question, but here it is night and I'm stoned
So, what is the patch of Pozzum?The same file released with the new update?

Edited by Lorne Osbourne

I just did a quick test if you want to keep the New WWE2K16.exe and chunk_cache.bin, but still have your mods work and have quick load time.

1.Open the chunk_cache.bin in hex editor and Delete the First Line. Save and that's it

That's all your mods are still there and quick load still works!

I can confirm that is working, too but you don't even have to change the whole line. One byte is enough. But I'm not sure if that really maintained the cache functionality. Maybe it is the same like deleting the whole content. Because after restart the system the game starts as slow as before for me. Second start was also fast before with an empty file.

my game is unmodded and this fixed my game. You dont need any other .exe files or something else. Just delete one byte or if you want the first line. This should work. No corrupted save or anything else. The launch is that long as before but finally your game works. Everything works as before so the first launch is the longest. Every launch after the first one is very fast. This works perfectly but they still need to bring a new update so that this isnt necessary anymore. thx guys:D

Yes. Someone accidentally deleted it so he sent it to them. (Although more likely that person pirated the game and just wanted the patch).

Thanks for patience :)
So, just wait for pozzum update the new table, right?

Yes. Someone accidentally deleted it so he sent it to them. (Although more likely that person pirated the game and just wanted the patch).

tables should already be updated. Working on my EXEs though.

One thought. with the Cache. we can remove highly modded files and leave untouched ones to save some load time I would think.

yeah decided to redact the link.

• Like 1

tables should already be updated. Working on my EXEs though.

One thought. with the Cache. we can remove highly modded files and leave untouched ones to save some load time I would think.

yeah decided to redact the link.

Thanks for all, man! Really, Really Thanks!!!
Only one thing, the alternative unlock attire working again?
Or have changed the hex position there too?

So i have the first line deleted from the Cache file and I have restarted my computer 5 times now. Each time the first load take 60 seconds when the computer first turns on. Every other time loads up within 10 seconds. This is using the new Exe and the new Cache file with the first line deleted.

• Like 1

So i have the first line deleted from the Cache file and I have restarted my computer 5 times now. Each time the first load take 60 seconds when the computer first turns on. Every other time loads up within 10 seconds. This is using the new Exe and the new Cache file with the first line deleted.

I cleaned everything, all old mods
So now, Can I put  again the mods?
Or should I wait? should crash the same?

using the method of deleting the first line in the cache you don't need to delete your mods. If you want to take Steam's new update without editing anything then yes, you need to delete all your mods and then reinstall them.

• Like 1

I cleaned everything, all old mods
So now, Can I put  again the mods?
Or should I wait? should crash the same?

I already answered your question. Just use the blank cache method with your mods.

• Like 1