Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

I have a strange thing going on, not knowing if anyone has the same issue..

The fix is working fine for me, however, when editing a .pofo with xpacker and hit the save changes to memory, my entire roster is blank and I do not have any superstar left!

When then reloading the save, it is from the state before I wanted to edit the .pofo...Anyone else with this issue?

Just tested with my old save file backup...same issue, can not edit any .pofo without getting my whole roster becoming blank and I have no superstar..

Edited by Tarnathos

The fix is working fine for me, however, when editing a .pofo with xpacker and hit the save changes to memory, my entire roster is blank and I do not have any superstar left!

When then reloading the save, it is from the state before I wanted to edit the .pofo...Anyone else with this issue?

Xpacker probably hasn't been updated with the new memory offsets from the patch yet (Update: Tekken is away on Easter holiday so it should take a couple of days for him to return and Xpacker to be updated). They are now -16 bytes from the old ones. It's probably best to use cheat engine to inject .pofo and .moveset files until Xpacker is updated, Pozzum's memory table is already up to date.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Xpacker probably hasn't been updated with the new offsets yet. They are now -16 bytes from the old ones. It's probably best to use cheat engine to inject .pofo and .moveset files until Xpacker is updated, Pozzum's memory table is already up to date.

Ah ok thanks, then I just wait a while and start creating renders :D

chunk_cache is solely used to reduce load times.

The most important fix in this update is the pyro crash which you only need the exe for.

I can finally stop skipping Goldbergs entrance now. :D

Hello Pozzum, Thank you for your Fix!, It works perfectly!, I have so many problems with FPS that are gone now thanks of the patch! :)

Greetings from France,

The Dead'German Beast from the East! :)

Still travelling, will only be back after easter. So to recap, it is better to install the patch as it fixes crashes. Creating a blank chunk file allows for mods to be installed. The memory offsets have changes by 16 bytes but the save file remains the same?

If so I will need to make code changes to X-Packer to target the new addresses.

• Like 1

After following Pozzum's video tutorial my modded wrestlers do show up in my game. But they will not wrestle in a match. If I add any of them to a match it just goes into an endless loading loop. So I guess I have to fix their values to the new table to make them work? Which means essentially starting them over and since Tekken won't be back until after Easter to fix X-Packer which is how I did mine I'm out of luck fixing them till then since I'm not much good with the cheat engine and HxD method. I know I only added 4 or 5 to my game but that's 4 or 5 now that I can't use till they're really fixed to work with the new addresses.

No one else is seeing this problem?

After following Pozzum's video tutorial my modded wrestlers do show up in my game. But they will not wrestle in a match. If I add any of them to a match it just goes into an endless loading loop. So I guess I have to fix their values to the new table to make them work? Which means essentially starting them over and since Tekken won't be back until after Easter to fix X-Packer which is how I did mine I'm out of luck fixing them till then since I'm not much good with the cheat engine and HxD method. I know I only added 4 or 5 to my game but that's 4 or 5 now that I can't use till they're really fixed to work with the new addresses.

No one else is seeing this problem?

Nope. I added Punk back in with ease. Pofos and movesets work. 

Damn then I wonder why I'm have this problem. Anyone I added from this thread freeze on match loading screen? It's just an endless loading match screen. I've only added AJ Lee, CM Punk, Great Khali from this list and none of them will wrestle with or without entrances on.

Edited by OnyxRain
for grammer

Damn then I wonder why I'm have this problem. Anyone I added from this thread freeze on match loading screen? It's just an endless loading match screen. I've only added AJ Lee, CM Punk, Great Khali from this list and none of them will wrestle with or without entrances on.

They work fine for me

make sure u copy the updated pofo & moveset addresses from Pozzum's table

That was my question lol

I asked if that had to be done. Because I hadn't done that. So my question was did anyone else use the ones we started with and get the endless freezing to match start or do we need to edit that info for them to work. So King I think the answer is YES we need to update the info that gets injected. My problem here is I did mine with X-Packer because for me that is the easiest so I'll have to wait till Tekken is back so I can do that. I'm no good with cheat engine and HxD for this kind of thing. Unless the ones that made all those wrestlers are going to update them so this works right from download it will be a lot more work on the part of us that down load them now.

Still travelling, will only be back after easter. So to recap, it is better to install the patch as it fixes crashes. Creating a blank chunk file allows for mods to be installed. The memory offsets have changes by 16 bytes but the save file remains the same?

If so I will need to make code changes to X-Packer to target the new addresses.

Seems like it. After creating a blank chunk file the game loads just fine with the installed mods still working like before.

The installed mods work with the blank chunk but you cannot add anymore character mods at least for me. If you still want to add character mods you need to use the previous exe until there is a solution.

The installed mods work with the blank chunk but you cannot add anymore character mods at least for me. If you still want to add character mods you need to use the previous exe until there is a solution.

i have just added rvd and rey with no problem using the blank chunk.

Pozzum's video shows just making a blank or empty chunk_cache.bin. Which is what I did. My normal previous mods show up in game and the game does not crash however using them is the problem. If I start a match with any of those superstars the screen for the match is an endless loading screen so the fix does stop the crash for me but does not allow for my modded wrestlers to actually work.

Update what info?  Mine works fine.

The pofo info from Pozzum's new table for the string. I'm assuming that would be all that should need updating. Movesets and everything else should still work as normal.

Pozzum's video shows just making a blank or empty chunk_cache.bin. Which is what I did. My normal previous mods show up in game and the game does not crash however using them is the problem. If I start a match with any of those superstars the screen for the match is an endless loading screen so the fix does stop the crash for me but does not allow for my modded wrestlers to actually work.

The pofo info from Pozzum's new table for the string. I'm assuming that would be all that should need updating. Movesets and everything else should still work as normal.

Everything works fine for me using Xpacker.

is this thread just for modders or a general complaints/fix-around thread?

Because there is already one of the latter, maybe one like the former would be sueful to discuss if/how to get mods working back again.

@TheVisitorX, does replacing music with SI make the game crash too?

we should work towards being able to work with the updated game.

Another user says deleting new exe and chunk_cache file + verifying files worked tho so

Does this method work?.

No, at least not for me, even on a clean install (with only one modded pac file in ch folder). Delete that pac file and all is working again. And restore old exe isn't really a "fix" :(.

Since the patch i get a strange response by cheat engine, when inserting any pofos, that not everything could be overwritten and that it might be a bad idea to insert the file... 

Everything works fine for me using Xpacker.

That's great that it works for you AlcLegacy. I tried putting back in the ch.###.pac files for the superstars that show up then inject their pofo and movesets now I have NO ROSTER at all. Everything is blank. So something is still wrong at least on my end. What it is I don't know. All I do know is I've had nothing but frustration after frustration with this game since buying it on PC.

I don't really mean to vent this toward anyone here it's just a personal thing I have to deal with on my own over it. I really do appreciate you all trying to help me when you can.