Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

If you tried Pozzum's method and created a blank "chunk_cache.bin"

this is how the properties should look

2ldx4js.png

Note the field that says "type of file"

It must say BIN. If it says TXT you did it wrong.

If that is how the properties of the file looks and the game doesn't work or you're crashing its probably because of your shitty crack.

Buy the game.

Edited by G3N0M3

i buy the game on steam, is not cracked copy, is original copy teacher! 

i have a problem, i made the process show in the video of pozzum, but when i change the chunk_cache.bin, when i start the game crash in splah, why? please help me!

i have a problem, i made the process show in the video of pozzum, but when i change the chunk_cache.bin, when i start the game crash in splah, why? please help me!

http://www.filedropper.com/chunkcache

Put that in your WWE2k16 folder, overwrite if asked. 
Start the game.
If you have a problem after doing that, it's not the chunk_cache that's causing your problem.

2ldx4js.png

If that is how the properties of the file looks and the game doesn't work or you're crashing its probably because of your shitty crack.

Buy the game.

i just rename the file text, like in the video, but my properties in the type file ar not bin, rest in txt.....why? my copy is original, buy on steam1!!!

Then maybe your save file is corrupted.

Remove your saves and start fresh.

I have no other recommendations I can think of.

If you have a legit purchased game and it worked before the crash it should work now with a blank chunk_cache.

2ldx4js.png

Buy the game.

i just rename the file text, like in the video, but my properties in the type file ar not bin, rest in txt.....why? my copy is original, buy on steam1!!!

Windows does by default hide the file extension. So if you change the file to chunk_cache.bin you've probably changed only the file name so its new name is now "chunk_cache.bin.txt" but because Windows hides the extension, you will only see chunk_cache.bin. Try the file from JDB's link and it should work. So in reality you have no real chunk_cache.bin file any more, only a chunk_cache.bin.txt file so that's why the game crashes.

Edited by TheVisitorX

ok i did the change of extension and the game start good!!! thank you.....but now if i try to inject pofo or moveset with x packer,  when i ty to save in Mywwe,  the are a list empty, black page without name why? why i can save in My WWE?

Yes, you have to wait for an update or you could use CheatEngine to insert new pofo files / movesets. But I'm not sure. I haven't tried any with the new patch yet. But it should work because pozzum has already updated his sheet table for CheatEngine. But if you prefer to use X-Packer, you have to wait for an update. And don't save in "My WWE" or your save game will possibly destroyed in this way.

Edited by TheVisitorX

That's great that it works for you AlcLegacy. I tried putting back in the ch.###.pac files for the superstars that show up then inject their pofo and movesets now I have NO ROSTER at all. Everything is blank. So something is still wrong at least on my end. What it is I don't know. All I do know is I've had nothing but frustration after frustration with this game since buying it on PC.

I don't really mean to vent this toward anyone here it's just a personal thing I have to deal with on my own over it. I really do appreciate you all trying to help me when you can.

So you're saying there's a chance maybe we'll see you make another thread about quitting the PC game?

tumblr_mlyuieetmv1s7e2w4o2_500.gif

he already did http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/61493-totally-clean-install/#comment-804761 :D

• Like 2

I've never ruled that out since writing the original thread and everyday things said like this just makes me wonder more. Some of you here are very nice and very helpful. Others are much more arrogant and snide to a point. I said from the very start in my into thread this was all new to me. Right now I just want to be able to reinstall the game totally clean without any files being remembered and showing up. That has alluded me to since when I do a normal uninstall of the game and even steam itself it still wants to remember things which is something else I don't understand.

Sadly, Pozzum's approach won't work for me; when I try to start the game with the updated EXE, it crashes after the splash screen.  When I use the unupdated EXE, it boots fine.  So I guess it'll be like the old PS2 days when nobody played online.  And we liked it, dagnabbit!  :rolleyes:

Sadly, Pozzum's approach won't work for me; when I try to start the game with the updated EXE, it crashes after the splash screen.  When I use the unupdated EXE, it boots fine.  So I guess it'll be like the old PS2 days when nobody played online.  And we liked it, dagnabbit!  :rolleyes:

Then you did it wrong.

Then you did it wrong.

Actually, I didn't even try.  :blush:  As soon as I did, it worked.  If anyone needs me, I'll be over here hanging my head in shame.

I accidentally deleted my save but luckily I had a backup so I put the old exe back on and got my wreslters back that way. Only trouble now I'm have wreslters freeze when they make a taunt. 

So the only superstars coming are downloaded CAWs and the DLC superstars, not the stock ones, strange, any fixes or this my save data messed up?

if you saved like me you can put the old exe on and load up your save and it will be like you never lost it. I did however fjnd that the movesets needed to be put back in as wreslters were droping to floor but reinserting worked. 

So the only superstars coming are downloaded CAWs and the DLC superstars, not the stock ones, strange, any fixes or this my save data messed up?

if you saved like me you can put the old exe on and load up your save and it will be like you never lost it. I did however fjnd that the movesets needed to be put back in as wreslters were droping to floor but reinserting worked. 

I didn't :/

Shit