Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

This is how I have my mods back working. These are the exact steps I used.

1. Used HxD and edited chunk_cache.bin erased first line and saved
2. change string for future string
3. Started my game and Stone Cold splash showed up no crashing
4. Game shows as version 1.05
5. Seems to work fine all mods working as before

using the method of deleting the first line in the cache you don't need to delete your mods. If you want to take Steam's new update without editing anything then yes, you need to delete all your mods and then reinstall them.

Only one thing, but the alternative unlock attire working again?
Or have changed the hex position there too?

I didn't Hex anything other then number 1 on my list. Those are the exact steps I used to get the mods working.

1. Used HxD and edited chunk_cache.bin erased first line and saved
2. change string for future string
3. Started my game and Stone Cold splash showed up no crashing
4. Game shows as version 1.05
5. Seems to work fine all mods working as before

Instead of doing minor fixes which breaks the game one way or the other

use the patch ..wait for the new addresses

I am always ready to help editing the table

I already edited the table.

• Like 2

Any idea on how to restore our saved game files after this patch? Or are we just SOL? Now when I launch the game it says corrupt save. If I just lost 40 hours worth of editing attributes and movesets.... 

Any idea on how to restore our saved game files after this patch? Or are we just SOL? Now when I launch the game it says corrupt save. If I just lost 40 hours worth of editing attributes and movesets.... 

That's why you back things up.

• Like 1

I did. My backed up save loads as corrupt. All three redundancy copies load as corrupt. I understand we are all on edge but there is no reason to be rude.

Edited by Apost Khan

I did. My backed up save loads as corrupt. All three redundancy copies load as corrupt. I understand we are all on edge but there is no reason to be rude.

Assuming you have backed up your whole ..\Steam\userdata\<SteamUserID>\385730 folder (not just the remote directory), Try the following:

1. Put Steam in offline mode.
2. Shut Steam off after it has done loading in offline mode.
3. Delete your corrupt
385730 directory from the ..\Steam\userdata\<SteamUserID>\385730 folder.
4. C
opy the backup save there afterwards.
5. Start Steam/the game in offline mode.
6. If the save works then (which it hopefully will), save the game (change a brand of a superstar in MyWWE, for example) .
This will make the date of your local save newer than the steam cloud one, which is what steam checks.
7. Exit the game.  
8. Switch steam to online mode.
9. After Steam has done restarting and is online again, start the game again.
10. You should now receive a prompt which save files to keep.
11. Choose to keep/upload the save from your local computer (not the one in the cloud!).
12. The local save will then be uploaded to the Steam cloud and replace the faulty save there.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Did you try putting Steam in offline mode, shutting it off, deleting your save, then copying the backup save there and starting the game offline? If the save works then, save the game (change a brand of a superstar in MyWWE, for example). That will make the date of your local save newer than the steam cloud one. Now switch steam to online mode and start the game again. You should get a prompt which file to keep, choose the one on your local computer, which will then be uploaded to the Steam cloud and replace the faulty save there.

Dude you are a life saver, I can't thank you enough. I usually turn off cloud sync on games I mod, it must have slipped my mind this time around.

Today's update includes the following: 

• Reduced loading time for all supported machine specs. This fix does increase memory the footprint for the loading screens and may impact Min Spec users if they play with a lot background process running concurrently with the title, in which case load times will revert to their original, pre-patch times. 
  • Fixed crash in Community Creations associated with backing out while items are loading and then re-entering the download menu. 
  • Fixed crash during custom entrances that contain simultaneous video effect and pyrotechnics

Seems like that chunk_cache file is the one reducing the load time. Well i'm fine with a blank chunk_cache and just wait for it to load for a minute.

the savegame this year is a nightmare. i lost  my saves about 5 times :( If you unlucky a simple download in the CC can crash your saves :( and the Cloud save was corrupted, too.

i there a way to backup the saves???  i try to copy the "Remote" folder like last year in 2K15, but each time i put it back i became the error message "Save Data corrupted". 

the savegame this year is a nightmare. i lost  my saves about 5 times :( If you unlucky a simple download in the CC can crash your saves :( and the Cloud save was corrupted, too.

i there a way to backup the saves???  i try to copy the "Remote" folder like last year in 2K15, but each time i put it back i became the error message "Save Data corrupted". 

turn off your cloud sync for 2k16 coz it fucks up your save file when you use your backups. that happened to me when i restored my clean save that included my career and universe and got corrupted due to steam redownloading from cloud.

turn off your cloud sync for 2k16 coz it fucks up your save file when you use your backups. that happened to me when i restored my clean save that included my career and universe and got corrupted due to steam redownloading from cloud.

yeah i do this, but when the savegame crash again, you have no backup. i'm looking for a way to backup my savefiles without cloud. 

yeah i do this, but when the savegame crash again, you have no backup. i'm looking for a way to backup my savefiles without cloud. 

just copy your save file folder and paste it somewhere for backup. then just restore it later when needed.

Edited by Ayz

just copy your save file folder and paste it somewhere for backup. then just restore it later when needed.

Did that ever work for anyone? I even submitted a ticket to 2K as I had a corrupt save (cloud was disabled) and could not put any of my backups back into working action. The game claims all to be corrupt.

this works in 2K15 but not in 2K16. Each time i try it the savegame crash and give me this message "Savedata was corrupted". 

Did that ever work for anyone? I even submitted a ticket to 2K as I had a corrupt save (cloud was disabled) and could not put any of my backups back into working action. The game claims all to be corrupt.

Good question!!! 2K makes me angry, i lost all my stuff again and again. All this hours for nothing. I hope 2K fix this problem soon. 

Edited by PrimeTime

Try to do what I told Apost Khan to do a few posts up. Also, backup the whole 385730 folder, not just the remote sub-folder.

Yes, it has worked for me (although the only time I got corruption was when I tried to use another person's save file, it hasn't corrupted for me otherwise, but I do backup and restore backups regularly when I test mods and other things), see the link above.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1