Pozzum's Toolbox: Super String, Memory Table, Custom Titles, Empty Pofo Moveset

pozzum

Today I spent some more time going through characters.  There are about 150 files available on my tool now.  Mainly alt attires from 2K15 & 2K16

• Like 4

Pozzum, when you say the Memory Sheet is a placeholder, is that to say the hex values aren't correct as of yet? 

I tried altering Braun Strowman's Titantron with Cheat Engine using the hex values in the memory table, but it didn't work.

Just curious, as adding trons using your table was my favorite part of modding last year. Also, any chance you know how we determine the CAW slot numbers since they get automatically rearranged alphabetically in game this year?

Edited by Clarityman

7 hours ago, Clarityman said:

Pozzum, when you say the Memory Sheet is a placeholder, is that to say the hex values aren't correct as of yet? 

I tried altering Braun Strowman's Titantron with Cheat Engine using the hex values in the memory table, but it didn't work.

Just curious, as adding trons using your table was my favorite part of modding last year. Also, any chance you know how we determine the CAW slot numbers since they get automatically rearranged alphabetically in game this year?

The superstar table should be good.  I haven't done trons myself yet.

I put in the name hex so you can search each name hex until you find the caw you want.

2 hours ago, pozzum said:

The superstar table should be good.  I haven't done trons myself yet.

I put in the name hex so you can search each name hex until you find the caw you want.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for bothering you further, what name hex would that be? I'm a little confused by that.

7 hours ago, Clarityman said:

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for bothering you further, what name hex would that be? I'm a little confused by that.

sorry cave renamed it.  the CAW Info Start Hex.  That should say the superstar name that's in that slot.

• Like 1

Hey pozzum,

first of all: Thanks for your work! You made WWE 2k16 much more enjoyable for me. And I hope you'll do with 2k17 as well.

To everybody: Are there any news about the gender-glitch problem beside the workaround some posts before?

2 hours ago, Lyncaz said:

There is no Haku, and Faarooq has only one "a" in this string file.

Hoping to update the steing this week.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pozzum said:

sorry cave renamed it.  the CAW Info Start Hex.  That should say the superstar name that's in that slot.

Thanks! I was able to figure out all my CAW slots this way. That's very helpful.

Using Cheat Engine to add additional trons is still not working though.

When I use the Titantron Hex, the value that comes up is always (if I remember correctly) 210000, which is odd because I think that's ABA Taker's tron, which none of them have. I change the value exactly like I did to 2k16, but when testing, nothing is different.

It's very strange how all the hex values for titantrons seem to point to 210...?

1 hour ago, Clarityman said:

Thanks! I was able to figure out all my CAW slots this way. That's very helpful.

When I use the Titantron Hex, the value that comes up is always (if I remember correctly) 210000, which is odd because I think that's ABA Taker's tron, which none of them have. I change the value exactly like I did to 2k16, but when testing, nothing is different.

It's very strange how all the hex values for titantrons seem to point to 210...?

Are you talking about CAWS? because for any other superstar it works, i Have RVD, Angle titantrons working. Even If you tpeak about caws, there is a little trick that should work. We can replace any other superstars tron with our own, assign it in Create-an-Entrance mode, and for real ingame person we can assign added tron (that Works!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clarityman said:

Hmm @Cave Waverider may be able to help perhaps those values are just the template trons and not the actual tron.

6 hours ago, Clarityman said:

210000 should be cre_0100_0_0.bk2, which is the standard tron for CAWs (WWE Logo). Do you have an advanced entrance set, by any chance? If so, the Titantron entry might be elsewhere (I haven't gotten to analyze the advanced entrance yet). I just looked at some of my CAWs and those with Easy entrance all have the proper Titantron values, in the addresses in the memory sheet but those with advanced entrances don't.
I have the suspicion that on the backend, advanced entrances allow you to mix different titantrons (and possibly other trons) like you can mix different themes, there just isn't a GUI function for it and that's why they override the Easy creation Trons. It would also explain why the whole Advanced Creation Section is so different this year.

Edited by Cave Waverider

4 hours ago, Lyncaz said:

Are you talking about CAWS? because for any other superstar it works, i Have RVD, Angle titantrons working. Even If you tpeak about caws, there is a little trick that should work. We can replace any other superstars tron with our own, assign it in Create-an-Entrance mode, and for real ingame person we can assign added tron (that Works!)

That sounds like a logistical nightmare, but indeed a possibility.

2 hours ago, pozzum said:

Hmm @Cave Waverider may be able to help perhaps those values are just the template trons and not the actual tron.

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

210000 should be cre_0100_0_0.bk2, which is the standard tron for CAWs (WWE Logo). Do you have an advanced entrance set, by any chance? If so, the Titantron entry might be elsewhere (I haven't gotten to analyze the advanced entrance yet).

Cave Waverider, I just figured it out. That is exactly the problem! And you were right on about the WWE Logo tron.

But yes, I can change the titantrons for Superstars/CAWs with Easy Entrance setting, no problem. In Advanced Entrances, changing the tron value doesn't work at all though-- I couldn't figure that out because almost all my CAWs have advanced entrances. This is strange and unexpected to me? As I recall, last year using the Memory Table the titantron hex worked for both Easy and Advanced settings, with no need for distinguishing between them.

So I now know the problem, but not the solution!

How would I go about determining the hex values for Advanced Entrance settings? Can you use Cheat Engine to determine this? Or is there a tutorial you could point me to...?

6 minutes ago, Clarityman said:

Cave Waverider, I just figured it out. That is exactly the problem! And you were right on about the WWE Logo tron.

But yes, I can change the titantrons for Superstars/CAWs with Easy Entrance setting, no problem. In Advanced Entrances, changing the tron value doesn't work at all though-- I couldn't figure that out because almost all my CAWs have advanced entrances. This is strange and unexpected to me? As I recall, last year using the Memory Table the titantron hex worked for both Easy and Advanced settings, with no need for distinguishing between them.

How would I go about determining the hex values for Advanced Entrance settings? Can you use Cheat Engine to determine this? Or is there a tutorial you could point me to...?

we can try and figure this out.  It's probably the same for Superstars there are so many values that we may need a caw info editor from @Cave Waverider :p

27 minutes ago, Clarityman said:

Check out the Moveset breakdown in my WWE 2k17 Data Analysis Thread. I've marked the Advanced Entrance section there. The trons should be somewhere in it. To find the address in cheat engine, use the Moveset Start Hex of the character and add whatever the byte is where the advanced entrance begins in my analysis. Or just export the moveset and look at it in the Hex editor.

I have the suspicion that on the backend, advanced entrances allow you to mix different titantrons this year (and possibly other trons) like you can mix different themes, there just isn't a GUI function for it and that's why they override the Easy creation Trons. If that's the case, there would be 5 different values per section (Intro, Stage, Ramp, Ring-In, Ring) per tron. It would also explain why the whole Advanced Creation Section looks so different with so many new values this year (I've only glanced at it so far).
Let me know what you find so I can add that to my analysis and hopefully implement it in the advanced entrance editor of th Data Editor 2k17.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Silly me, I had already catalogued these as "Unknown trons" a while ago, I just didn't know what they were for (I thought they were for Breakouts). Here are the bytes in the moveset:

2394 - 2397 Titantron Advanced Entrance
2398 - 2401 Minitron Advanced Entrance
2402 - 2405 Header Tron Advanced Entrance
2406 - 2409 Walltron Advanced Entrance

You'll have to add the moveset start address to that. I'll add the values to the memory sheet in a bit once it's confirmed so it's easier to find them in cheat engine.

Edited by Cave Waverider

9 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Silly me, I had already noted those as Unknown trons earlier. Here are the bytes in the moveset:

2394 - 2397 Titantron Advanced Entrance
2398 - 2401 Minitron Advanced Entrance
2402 - 2405 Walltron Advanced Entrance
2406 - 2409 Header Tron Advanced Entrance

You'll have to add the moveset start address to that. I'll add the values to the memory sheet in a bit once it's confirmed so it's easier to find them in cheat engine.

First of all, thanks so much for your replies and all your help. I'd like to think that in some very, very small way I've helped the community at large simply by bringing this issue to your attention.

Unfortunately, I am such a novice when it comes to hex, some of your basic instructions are quite honestly confusing the hell out of me lol. For example:

"To find the address in cheat engine, use the Moveset Start Hex of the character and add whatever the byte is where the advanced entrance begins"

This is where I first got lost. What exactly do I do with the Moveset Start Hex entry? How do I know where the advanced entrance begins? "You'll have to add the moveset start address to that." How do I add a start entrance to one of those values, and how do I know which one??

Forgive my utter lack of knowledge. I may just have to wait until you update the Memory Table, but I'd love to deepen my understanding and become a bit more proficient. Nevertheless, thanks again for your time and help.

Edited by Clarityman

14 minutes ago, Clarityman said:

First of all, thanks so much for your replies and all your help. I'd like to think that in some very, very small way I've helped the community at large simply by bringing this issue to your attention.

Unfortunately, I am such a novice when it comes to hex, some of your basic instructions are quite honestly confusing the hell out of me lol. For example:

"To find the address in cheat engine, use the Moveset Start Hex of the character and add whatever the byte is where the advanced entrance begins"

This is where I first got lost. What exactly do I do with the Moveset Start Hex entry? How do I know where the advanced entrance begins? "You'll have to add the moveset start address to that." How do I add a start entrance to one of those values, and how do I know which one??

Forgive my utter lack of knowledge. I may just have to wait until you update the Memory Table, but I'd love to deepen my understanding and become a bit more proficient. Nevertheless, thanks again for your time and help.

Add = + :p

For example, we take the Titantron Advanced Entrance. The Byte offset where it starts in the moveset file is 2394. Thus you use the Moveset Start Hex and add 2394 to it. This is decimal, so before you make the addition, you need to convert it (if you don't know how to convert decimal to hexadecimal or vice versa, you can simply use the Programmer setting in the Windows calculator, for example).

For example, for CAW Slot 0:

CAW Slot 0 Moveset Start Hex value: 142D201EE hex
CAW Slot 0 Moveset Start decimal value: 5416026606 dec
‬In Moveset: 2394 dec

CAW Slot 0 Advanced Entrance Titantron start value = 5416026606 dec + 2394 dec = 5416029000 decimal = 142D20B48 hexadecimal. That's the address you go to in Cheat Engine.

It's just math. ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider

@Clarityman I've updated the Memory Tables for both Superstars and CAWs with all the Trons for both Easy creation and advanced entrance, so everyone should be able to simply copy and paste the respective addresses now. I hope I didn't mess any of them up, let @pozzum or myself know if something's amiss.

Edited by Cave Waverider

@Cave Waverider Cannot thank you enough. This has been driving me crazy for days.

And while I understand basic addition (lol) it's more the conversion and necessary steps that weren't clear to me. When you don't have much background in something, it can be difficult to figure out. But the example was perfect, I understand now, thank you. :lol

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

@Clarityman I've updated the Memory Tables for both Superstars and CAWs with all the Trons for both Easy creation and advanced entrance, so everyone should be able to simply copy and paste the respective addresses now. I hope I didn't mess any of them up, let @pozzum or myself know if something's amiss.

As an update, I just tried using the Advanced Titantron hex from the updated table to edit Braun Strowman's tron.

Everything appears fine, the hex calls upon the correct value, but changing that value with Cheat Engine causes the game to crash once you load in a match.

Seems like an issue with the game engine itself. The method suggested by Lyncaz might be the only way to make trons work with Advanced Entrances.

Update/Edit: Disregard that. I just tried it again and loaded into Braun Strowman vs The Rock using the Advanced Entrance change and the tron worked perfectly. However the game crashes when I try to load Braun Strowman vs Sami Zayn. Weird. And I haven't touched Sami's files at all... that I know of. I'll test further, going to try some of the other Advanced hex values.

Edited by Clarityman
Still testing