WCW/nWo 2K16 Project: Crow Sting Final WIPs 1/24/17

hovathagod32

Oh, just noticed the beard isn't showing on the Halloween Havoc attire - is this just me? Awesome work on all these attires though man, f***ing amazing work!!

Nice work on the string edits btw. It's one of the reasons I made sure to add those dates for each attire

Yeah man awesome work there, saved me a lot of digging around trying to find when he wore each attire :lol Re-edited the Nitro Oct 12th string to Nitro Oct 19th instead, he used the exact same attire. Reason being, I'm working on 3 Bret Hart attires for 3 different appearances against Sting in 1998 and I've worked it out so I'll get to recycle these strings :D Making Nitro Oct 98, Fall Brawl 98 and Halloween Havoc 98. Tbh I've pretty much done the attire texturing, but it's late here so I'm gonna work on the entrance glasses hopefully tomorrow, all I've gotta do.

i checked the download, and havoc's attire worked with the beard. i think it's ch40972-4. i'm not sure what could've happen on your end if you didn't get it working.

Yeah man awesome work there, saved me a lot of digging around trying to find when he wore each attire :lol Re-edited the Nitro Oct 12th string to Nitro Oct 19th instead, he used the exact same attire. Reason being, I'm working on 3 Bret Hart attires for 3 different appearances against Sting in 1998 and I've worked it out so I'll get to recycle these strings :D Making Nitro Oct 98, Fall Brawl 98 and Halloween Havoc 98. Tbh I've pretty much done the attire texturing, but it's late here so I'm gonna work on the entrance glasses hopefully tomorrow, all I've gotta do.

i checked the download, and havoc's attire worked with the beard. i think it's ch40972-4. i'm not sure what could've happen on your end if you didn't get it working.

I'll try and redownload it later and see if it works.

UPDATE: Redownloaded and it worked, really not sure what happened the first time :lol

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Now that I've finally freed myself from my Liz project :D I can spend some time catching up on other people's mods.  I've played with most of these attires and so far they're all awesome!  I'm excited about your Crow Sting pack, and I'm really really ridiculously excited about your arenas.

Now that I've finally freed myself from my Liz project :D I can spend some time catching up on other people's mods.  I've played with most of these attires and so far they're all awesome!  I'm excited about your Crow Sting pack, and I'm really really ridiculously excited about your arenas.

Thank you..

I finally finished my 96-97 era chest scorpion, but placement is a biiiiiiiiiiiiitch lol. It's gonna be trial and error to get it perfect, then more trial and error to get the tail haha

97_zps5bav1n9g.png

• Like 5

Thank you..

I finally finished my 96-97 era chest scorpion, but placement is a biiiiiiiiiiiiitch lol. It's gonna be trial and error to get it perfect, then more trial and error to get the tail haha

97_zps5bav1n9g.png

BEAUTIFUL

Best of luck to you on Crow-Sting, looks good already. 

Yes Crow Sting preview looking amazing great start cant wait to see all the attires for the Crow Sting. 

I'm going to try and get some previews out this weekend. I really want to get these out of the way and work on some arenas. Minus the placement work, All I really have to do is draw my Starrcade scorpion and do a few facepaints. 

• Like 1

Current WIP 

Trying to create the top properly and make it blend with the tights properly. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%201.34.1Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%201.34.1Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%201.34.4

Hair and facepaint have to be done, as well as the clipping with the "shoulder pads". Will definitely serve as a perfect mold for Starrcade when I get it situated.

And again, credit goes to @wtferrel for his base paint. It really helped me design all of these.

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 2

@hovathagod32

This attire is really nice i like it!

can you make this hair ? 

psx-wcwvsworld-front.jpg

Yessir. That's the plan. I haven't really seen a hairstyle similar so I will look into that a bit more when I finish the attire work. That is one of the slots as well as the whole early 97, Walking out with nWo through Uncensored 97 look

19970316_sting_drops_03_USE.jpgB-qKD69XEAA0smA.jpg

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 1

Yessir. That's the plan. I haven't really seen a hairstyle similar so I will look into that a bit more when I finish the attire work. That is one of the slots as well as the whole early 97, Walking out with nWo through Uncensored 97 look

I reckon his current hair would maybe still work if it was bunched up a little to sit higher, right sort of shape already.

mime_zpsr0unsaws.pngmime2_zpscjpsfqa0.pngmime3_zpszu6n8cee.png

I may have to pick a different hair style. the middle is bothering me... Paint needs to be bigger on the eyebrows too. I think the attire is good, though.  Just have to figure out how to blend the stomach area a bit more to make it look like a jumpsuit.

• Like 3

really cool man. I still to this day hated the fact he lost to Goldberg. he had him in the deepest deathlock I've ever seen anyone in.

Now, why can't 2K/Visual Concepts do this themselves when it comes to the younger versions of legendary wrestling models? They need to scratch the scanning process for them and use it for current starts only because a lot of these legends today, look tired, fat-faced or horrible compared to what they looked like in their prime.

Edited by jbl328

I may have to pick a different hair style. the middle is bothering me... Paint needs to be bigger on the eyebrows too. I think the attire is good, though.  Just have to figure out how to blend the stomach area a bit more to make it look like a jumpsuit.

Awesome! I think with the top and bottoms you might be able to blend it if you fade the normals, fade the top of the tights area in the normals so there's essentially no normal in that area and it's basically "painted on" around his waist, and then do the same for the bottom of his top. Then as long as the textures are the same colour it should blend :) 

Awesome! I think with the top and bottoms you might be able to blend it if you fade the normals, fade the top of the tights area in the normals so there's essentially no normal in that area and it's basically "painted on" around his waist, and then do the same for the bottom of his top. Then as long as the textures are the same colour it should blend :) 

that's what i've been doing but it's just another trial and error thing so i can at least have some detail left on the top and bottom. just gotta keep chopping away at it

that's what i've been doing but it's just another trial and error thing so i can at least have some detail left on the top and bottom. just gotta keep chopping away at it

Yeah that's the worst part haha... trying it in-game, not looking right, going back, fixing it, reinjecting everything, trying again.... nope nope nope still not right... repeat up to 100 times before it's finally finished :lol

Yeah that's the worst part haha... trying it in-game, not looking right, going back, fixing it, reinjecting everything, trying again.... nope nope nope still not right... repeat up to 100 times before it's finally finished :lol

right.. I'll take this over arenas, though. I've been working on those today. You have about 40OBJs to decompress and rename, then all of those to extract in xrey to do edits in blender. plus textures AND hex work to make sure each file is assigned to the proper arena. huge ass trial and error sessions

right.. I'll take this over arenas, though. I've been working on those today. You have about 40OBJs to decompress and rename, then all of those to extract in xrey to do edits in blender. plus textures AND hex work to make sure each file is assigned to the proper arena. huge ass trial and error sessions

Oh God. Well, good for me then that we have the MNW arena pack and your WCW arenas coming up too, I won't need to even consider all that stuff.

Do you have a list of which arenas you've converted to which?

@4LifeBrother

If all goes well, my intentions are to completely convert every arena to a WCW one. so right now I'm just working my way through 97 and 98. I'll have maybe 1 or 2 packs (97-98, 99-2001 if I can't fit them all in one pack), that way if it's ever released it people won't have to overwrite anything. You'll just have to pick which one you want to use, similar to MNW, TGS etc. 

Current WIP:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%205.04.4

I want to try and use Vengeance's screens instead of my textures, but honestly this looks good ingame. I don't really know how to add textures to the screens yet, so I'm holding off that right now. Still have the issue with the screen disappearing for halloween havoc, but I think that's gonna happen regardless of what I do. Hopefully not.

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 4

Your Arenas are simply amazing! :blink: can't wait to get every single WCW Arena :D

Your crow sting looks really great, the attire is awesome, the face is awesome... only the hair needs more work! i think sting needs more fringe in his hair

Your Arenas are simply amazing! :blink: can't wait to get every single WCW Arena :D

Your crow sting looks really great, the attire is awesome, the face is awesome... only the hair needs more work! i think sting needs more fringe in his hair

yeaaah, man.. I'm going to try someone else's hair. Sting 99's hair was a little difficult to do properly. I was able to get the right side looking decent, but everything you edit on the right side effects the left side, which is combed backwards instead of being towards the face.