WCW/nWo 2K16 Project: Crow Sting Final WIPs 1/24/17

hovathagod32

Placement within the yobj doesn't matter, it all depends on the physical placement. If you have to to keep it from clipping, squish together the parts under the jacket that clip through. It should work.

Placement within the yobj doesn't matter, it all depends on the physical placement. If you have to to keep it from clipping, squish together the parts under the jacket that clip through. It should work.

I was able to get it to work a lil better.. No more clipping, just this little gap. I'm not sure I'd be able to fill it and prevent the clipping in that area.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%207.15.1

• Like 1

Probably as good as I'm going to get it, really. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%2011.00.Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%2010.59.

Going to try other attires and then post a batch when I'm finished. 

Looking good. Perhaps make the wolf logo a bit wider on the shirt, but other than that, it looks great.

Probably as good as I'm going to get it, really. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%2011.00.Screen%20Shot%202016-05-20%20at%2010.59.

Going to try other attires and then post a batch when I'm finished. 

Looking good. Perhaps make the wolf logo a bit wider on the shirt, but other than that, it looks great.

yes sir.. I resized it a few times before that, but it still came out stretched, so I'll go back to the drawing board with that. Also figuring out how to create my own normals that look as good as the ingame ones. I just used the one from the shirt it came with, but in the light you can somewhat see, so I have to fix that as well.

So far the attires I have in mind/attempted:

1. Black pad, regular glove
  2. black pad, red gloves
  3. red pad, regular gloves, wolf shirt
  4. red pad, red gloves, goatee (halloween havoc)
  5. tank, and jeans 
  6. black pad, taped hands, red nWo shirt

I need to draw up the chest scorpion to do the debut attire etc. so I'll probably work on that next since I got my bases down.

Any particular paints or attires anyone are looking for just let me know and i'll try.

Edited by hovathagod32

Still trying to model the 3d beard. Might just ditch that and work on the 2d version... Can't seem to get the entrance attire to cooperate with the 3d beard.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.26.1Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.26.5

2D

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.42.2Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.43.0

Tank & Jeans (nWo logo needs stretching, and something went wrong with the pants texture)

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.29.3Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%208.34.5

I'm going to try ponytail Sting. and draw up the scorpion for the debut attire. Once I get those out the way, I can work on updating the facepaint and hopefully release them all

Plz mate make his starrcade 97 attire but using his default hair by 2K!

There will be a starrcade attire, but his hair wasn't that short, so I have my own hair in the works. If that's what you preferred, you'd just have to use your own hair.

• Like 1

Final attire.. Ponytail Sting. Tried to give it a reddish tint, but the normals ended up really shiny. Gotta redo that. This project will be released soon, then I'll go onto Crow Sting... It's really just a few tweaks with the logos, hair color and normals. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-01%20at%205.50.5Screen%20Shot%202016-06-01%20at%205.51.3

Reference, updated scorpions:

tumblr_muoibzbpqS1sg99p0o1_500.png 

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 4

Really looking forward to this one as I've been a fan of Sting since way back when, in fact the first wrestling show I ever watched was when Bret turned heel on Wolfpac Sting back in '98 and I decided, wrestling looks awesome, I'm gonna start watching it :lol This Sting looks miles better than 2K could ever do!

Really looking forward to this one as I've been a fan of Sting since way back when, in fact the first wrestling show I ever watched was when Bret turned heel on Wolfpac Sting back in '98 and I decided, wrestling looks awesome, I'm gonna start watching it :lol This Sting looks miles better than 2K could ever do!

Sting was kind of my gateway as well. I remember watching an old tape my dad had recorded. It was either late NWA or early WCW. I remember Sting came out with a broken leg and got attacked by the Horsemen I think. I thought he was so badass for taking on a bunch of guys with a "broken leg".

Sting was kind of my gateway as well. I remember watching an old tape my dad had recorded. It was either late NWA or early WCW. I remember Sting came out with a broken leg and got attacked by the Horsemen I think. I thought he was so badass for taking on a bunch of guys with a "broken leg".

same with sting. I got into it around 95-96, but really watched religiously during the nWo/ crow era. 

Sorry for the wait.. I'm still doing tweaks and fixing normals. I wanna try a few different hair styles/colors and clean up some of the attires. Kinda neglected it because I've started working on the crow slots, drawing the chest scorpion from the attire my avy, as well as playing around with WCW arenas ideas. Pretty time consuming because the only good reference I could find for the attire were the 256x256 textures in WCW Nitro for ps1 lol. I'll revisit this when I get close to completion sometime next week.

This is gold. I absolutely love your stinger!

For your crow Sting's hair, I wanna suggest tweaking retro Nash's hair. 

Edited by yjkim0901

This is gold. I absolutely love your stinger!

For your crow Sting's hair, I wanna suggest tweaking retro Nash's hair. 

Thanks I'll look into it.. I think for Starrcade, I was using X-Pac. I have a few that I want to try, like the long hair edits I made of Sting's original '99 hair.

EDIT:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-14%20at%207.22.2

I think this was X-Pac's hair. Either way I'll figure it out when I get there. Again, credit @wtferrel, because I will be using his base yobj and creating new paints, scorpions/textures.

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updates: 

This should've been out by now, but I've been trying to finish my WCW arena project for consoles, plus I've been bugging lordjustice on figuring out the technical stuff with arenas on PC lmao. Eventually I'll bring WCW 97-2001 to PC via mods etc. I have all my textures for that, it's just technical stuff, adding objects to arenas and menus. 

As for Sting. It's pretty much finished BUT there's some technical difficulties that I'm dealing with. Trying to get his necklace to cooperate with the jacket, updated hair and sometimes t-shirts. as well as stay put ingame.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%202.16.4Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%202.17.1

so far these are the attires for this slot:

1. Red Pad, Red gloves, no shirt
  2. Red Pad, black gloves, wolf shirt
  3. red pad, taped hands, no shirt (vs goldberg for WCW title)
  4. nwo scorpion, taped hands, nwo tank (fall brawl 98)
  5. nwo scorpion, black gloves, nwo tank (Great American Bash 98)
  6. nwo scorpion, taped hands, red nwo shirt
  7. Halloween Havoc 98 (Goatee Sting)
  8. ponytail attire (vs Neidhart & British Bulldog Nitro '98)
  9. Jeans and tank top (vs Scott Hall & Giant 
  10. debut white scorpion, red paint

It'll likely replace Sting '99 because i'm sticking to WCW for the work I'm doing. My Crow Sting slots will replace "Sting". 

Crow Sting will have the following: 

1. Starrcade 97
  2. Uncensored 97 (My profile pic)
  3. Rafters, Scorpion Tee '97 (long haired)
  4. WCW vs the World 
  5. Spring Stampede 98
  6. SuperBrawl VIII
  7. Mayhem 99
  8. Seek and Destroy Era Sting 
  9. Taped Boots
  10. Free Agent (May replace this with the shirt attire vs Vampiro.. GAB 2000 or Bash 2000 where he was set on fire and do free Agent for Surfer Sting)

Any other suggestions for Crow Sting will be heavily considered. These attires aren't set in stone but it's in motion right now.

• Like 1