WCW/nWo 2K16 Project: Crow Sting Final WIPs 1/24/17

hovathagod32

The arena's are looking awesome man. Together with @Dennis-Bieser mods, we are going to have a full WCW mode :)

That's really the plan. Once I finish these Sting slots, I really want to crank out some WCW wrestlers 97/98 for right now, and branch out as I go.

• Like 1

I really want to crank out some WCW wrestlers 97/98 for right now, and branch out as I go.

That would be great ! :)can you make some WCW 97/98 Arenas for PC ? your WCW Arenas are awesome!

I really want to crank out some WCW wrestlers 97/98 for right now, and branch out as I go.

That would be great ! :)can you make some WCW 97/98 Arenas for PC ? your WCW Arenas are awesome!

yeah, man. i want to bring over everything, using in game objects... similar to what i'm doing with havoc 97. i've probably mentioned it before but it's all technical work, because i have all the textures files and artwork finished for all WCW arenas.

Updated Ring:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2012.52.Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2012.53.

The ring is pretty much finished minus the corner posts. The textures look weird so I have to figure out how to place the yellow pieces and slim jim logos. Still have a lot of work to do on the stage, but that will come later when I can focus on it.

I tried for Nitro 2000, but man... I had hell trying to by pass the floor mat, so I'm going to have to figure this out later down the line, because it'll drive me crazy lol 

Capture3_zpsgbncuh7j.png

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 7

I'm all about all of this WCW/NWO modding!  I think the last PC wrestling game I had was WWE Raw.  I remember somehow (guessing someone else made the model since I definitely didn't know how then, or maybe it was just a caw that I retextured) adding Jeff Jarrett with his Chosen One theme and video.  I was so happy to get him in the game, but that's about as far as I ever went with modding...until this year.

I wanted to do a really large scale WCW game conversion for this game - but after taking like two months just to figure out how to make Mr. Perfect's singlet orange I realized that I'm gonna need to spend this year learning how to do everything and build up an asset library :blush:.  So most of my mods are probably going to be focused on either adding to the WCW library or learning how to do things that can be used in future projects.

I'm praying that 2k17 brings back something similar to the create a story mode from 2k14 (since you could basically script attitude era shows with it), and that most of the stuff that everyone here is working on will port as easily as things did from 2k15.  That would pretty much be my wrestling dream game.

Anyways - I'm going happy to contribute if there's anything I can help with.  And I'm extremely excited about your arena's - I've been jealous of the consoles that have access to your created arenas - and these mods look even better!

• Like 1

I'm all about all of this WCW/NWO modding!  I think the last PC wrestling game I had was WWE Raw.  I remember somehow (guessing someone else made the model since I definitely didn't know how then, or maybe it was just a caw that I retextured) adding Jeff Jarrett with his Chosen One theme and video.  I was so happy to get him in the game, but that's about as far as I ever went with modding...until this year.

I wanted to do a really large scale WCW game conversion for this game - but after taking like two months just to figure out how to make Mr. Perfect's singlet orange I realized that I'm gonna need to spend this year learning how to do everything and build up an asset library :blush:.  So most of my mods are probably going to be focused on either adding to the WCW library or learning how to do things that can be used in future projects.

I'm praying that 2k17 brings back something similar to the create a story mode from 2k14 (since you could basically script attitude era shows with it), and that most of the stuff that everyone here is working on will port as easily as things did from 2k15.  That would pretty much be my wrestling dream game.

Anyways - I'm going happy to contribute if there's anything I can help with.  And I'm extremely excited about your arena's - I've been jealous of the consoles that have access to your created arenas - and these mods look even better!

hopefully.. but we'll see how it goes. I'm still scratching the surface lol

I think this is the final preview I'm doing on the Wolfpac Sting's. I think next will be the actual release. I just have to draw a new facepaint for a particular attire and It'll be finished, and I'll focus on Crow Sting. Still on the fence with Goatee Sting. I know the 3D one looks a little better, but I really don't think it's best to mute face animations. So it's cool ingame at a distance, but if you're switching entrances, etc. It will look a little weird. If you guys don't mind that I'll release that one over the texture one. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%204.48.3

Ref:

tumblr_muzglvJ0m81sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

Texture beard:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%202.07.1

3D beard:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%2011.29.

• Like 2

Wolfpac Sting is now available for download. The Debut attire has been postponed. I have to work on the logos a bit more. I'm going to continue work on Crow Sting now, and fix that later.

• Like 3

Officially my favourite 2K mod of all time :D Awesome work man, as a lifelong fan of The Stinger I did a little excited wee-wee when I read the title :lol

What's changed in the new pofo, out of interest?

Just do what I'm doing mate and learn everything on the fly. I didn't know much when I started my Syxx mod, I knew some basic texture editing stuff but making that mod was mostly just me getting stuck somewhere, bugging a few guys with my questions (you being one of them) and then implementing it and going through a tonne of trial and error until I got it right and learned a whole bunch of stuff along the way. Then with my Meng and Angle mods I was entering new territory of editing hair and facial textures and with Meng in particular I had to get a bunch of stuff wrong before it worked. Considering that these were my first mods and I knew practically very little, I was probably being a bit ambitious with what I wanted to do, but going by the feedback I've pulled it off to an at least acceptable standard and it's crazy to think about how much I've learned over the past couple of weeks!

Edited by 4LifeBrother
  • Like 1

Officially my favourite 2K mod of all time :D Awesome work man, as a lifelong fan of The Stinger I did a little excited wee-wee when I read the title :lol

Just do what I'm doing mate and learn everything on the fly. I didn't know much when I started my Syxx mod, I knew some basic texture editing stuff but making that mod was mostly just me getting stuck somewhere, bugging a few guys with my questions (you being one of them) and then implementing it and going through a tonne of trial and error until I got it right and learned a whole bunch of stuff along the way. Then with my Meng and Angle mods I was entering new territory of editing hair and facial textures and with Meng in particular I had to get a bunch of stuff wrong before it worked. Considering that these were my first mods and I knew practically very little, I was probably being a bit ambitious with what I wanted to do, but going by the feedback I've pulled it off to an at least acceptable standard and it's crazy to think about how much I've learned over the past couple of weeks!

Just character select name to Wolfpac Sting.

Yeah just downloaded the attires and realised it's pretty much a replacement for Sting '99. Gonna be putting mine in the Sting '91 slot so it looks like I've got a bit of hex editing to do :p

Yeah just downloaded the attires and realised it's pretty much a replacement for Sting '99. Gonna be putting mine in the Sting '91 slot so it looks like I've got a bit of hex editing to do :p

Yeaaaah.. My plan for Surfer Sting was to make him more of a Sting '96. So WWE Sting will be Crow. What I don't like about Sting '99 compared to 91 is the call name "This is Sting". I want that for Crow and Wolfpac. I guess I'll figure it out later down the road.

I'm just going to finish up these Crow slots and figure out arena work before modding/cawing new wrestlers... I think there's going to be a lot more than 10 slots for Crow, allowing people to pick and choose, because mapping it out, I realized I left out a few good ones. 

Yeaaaah.. My plan for Surfer Sting was to make him more of a Sting '96. So WWE Sting will be Crow. What I don't like about Sting '99 compared to 91 is the call name "This is Sting". I want that for Crow and Wolfpac. I guess I'll figure it out later down the road.

I'm just going to finish up these Crow slots and figure out arena work before modding/cawing new wrestlers... I think there's going to be a lot more than 10 slots for Crow, allowing people to pick and choose, because mapping it out, I realized I left out a few good ones. 

Fair enough, yeah cause WWE Sting and Sting '99 are "the man called Sting" and billed from "every man's nightmare" whereas '91 Sting is billed from Venice Beach and referred to as "this is Sting", the latter of which I thought was much better suited to Wolfpac Sting. Plus I wanted to give him the surfer default Easy entrance so you could hear the "Woo!"s.

You could of course do a bit of swapping around with Cheat Engine, I'm not great with Cheat Engine myself but I know it's been done by others and I have the ID's for both "man called" and "this is" ;)

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Fair enough, yeah cause WWE Sting and Sting '99 are "the man called Sting" and billed from "every man's nightmare" whereas '91 Sting is billed from Venice Beach and referred to as "this is Sting", the latter of which I thought was much better suited to Wolfpac Sting. Plus I wanted to give him the surfer default Easy entrance so you could hear the "Woo!"s.

You could of course do a bit of swapping around with Cheat Engine, I'm not great with Cheat Engine myself but I know it's been done by others and I have the ID's for both "man called" and "this is" ;)

I'll look into it later. On a side note.. those woo's work for every Sting. I was going to use it, but I didn't want to get rid of the bat.

I'll look into it later. On a side note.. those woo's work for every Sting. I was going to use it, but I didn't want to get rid of the bat.

Ahhh cool, not tried it tbh. What I do know is they disappear if you give them an Advanced entrance. Hit me up whenever you need those values and I'll dig them up, the IDs for Surfer Sting aren't on any of the tables here from what I've seen but I found the main ones myself and saved it in my personal table a while ago.

Installed all these and had my first go at renaming attires, worked :)

2zppq8g.jpg

Added a bunch of new strings in the string.pac, then hex-edited the misc01_start_dlc10.pac to switch the values of the names of each attire from Attire 1, Attire 2 and so on to the values for the strings I replaced in the string file :D

Oh, just noticed the beard isn't showing on the Halloween Havoc attire - is this just me? Awesome work on all these attires though man, f***ing amazing work!!

I'll look into that a little later. I might've transferred the wrong files. Nice work on the string edits btw. It's one of the reasons I made sure to add those dates for each attire

• Like 1

Oh, just noticed the beard isn't showing on the Halloween Havoc attire - is this just me? Awesome work on all these attires though man, f***ing amazing work!!

Nice work on the string edits btw. It's one of the reasons I made sure to add those dates for each attire

Yeah man awesome work there, saved me a lot of digging around trying to find when he wore each attire :lol Re-edited the Nitro Oct 12th string to Nitro Oct 19th instead, he used the exact same attire. Reason being, I'm working on 3 Bret Hart attires for 3 different appearances against Sting in 1998 and I've worked it out so I'll get to recycle these strings :D Making Nitro Oct 98, Fall Brawl 98 and Halloween Havoc 98. Tbh I've pretty much done the attire texturing, but it's late here so I'm gonna work on the entrance glasses hopefully tomorrow, all I've gotta do.

Edited by 4LifeBrother