Is your game Crashing at Startup? Here is a Fix

pozzum

In oder to back up the mod, if I copy the entire pac folder and the new string.pac to another place then update the game, will it work if I copy them back ?

yeah this is a good way to go about updateing the game.

In oder to back up the mod, if I copy the entire pac folder and the new string.pac to another place then update the game, will it work if I copy them back ?

Thank you, it's fine :D I thought the update would replace the ch folder but it didn't :D

But we still don't have winning music if Universal unlocked attires are selected :( 

Edited by mrwrestle

this patch is active for all of youre mods pozzum?

all my mods have been updated for the patch if that's what you mean.

Thank you, it's fine :D I thought the update would replace the ch folder but it didn't :D

But we still don't have winning music if Universal unlocked attires are selected :( 

how about the save file with the pofo and move list ? how to back them up ?

hi guys i deleted the BIN file, and renamed a text file to the BIN file like how the video did, but the problem is that i get a very long WAITING time on the Austin screen,,, it takes like 5 minutes :(

is anyone experiencing this too or just me? how do i fix this? :( 

im on 1.05 - > problem : long waiting time,, what exactly was the fix for this? 

Edited by JonasSlasher1994

hi guys i deleted the BIN file, and renamed a text file to the BIN file like how the video did, but the problem is that i get a very long WAITING time on the Austin screen,,, it takes like 5 minutes :(

Well, I get like 20-30 seconds, but I've got a good computer with a 6-core 4.5GHz CPU, 32GB of RAM, 12GB video card and the game is installed on a fast SSD. 

No, you can't fix that, unless you restore the old 
chunk_cache.bin file and refrain from using mods.
What you need to understand is that the sole purpose of the chunk_cache.bin file is to contain duplicate entries of most needed game assets that are fetched from this file in the initial loading process of the game. If the file is empty, naturally it won't speed up anything and thus the loading times will be long. Alas, the chunk_cache.bin isn't compatible with mods (due to the assets in cache not having the same checksum as the modified ones anymore), thus the only way to use mods with 1.01 (1.05 is just the console version the first version of the PC (1.00) is based on - the current PC version is v1.01) to use the empty chunk_cache.bin method (and no, reverting to 1.00 won't help, as that doesn't use such a cache and startup is just as slow or even slower - besides, 1.00 has many crash bugs especially during entrances so it isn't recommended to play that version).

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Well, I get like 20-30 seconds, but I've got a good computer with a 6-core 4.5GHz CPU, 32GB of RAM, 12GB video card and the game is installed on a fast SSD. 

What you need to understand is that the sole purpose of the chunk_cache.bin file is to contain duplicate entries of most needed game assets that are fetched from this file in the initial loading process of the game. If the file is empty, naturally it won't speed up anything and thus the loading times will be long. Alas, the chunk_cache.bin isn't compatible with mods (due to the assets in cache not having the same checksum as the modified ones anymore), thus the only way to use mods with 1.01 (1.05 is just the console version the first version of the PC (1.00) is based on - the current PC version is v1.01) to use the empty chunk_cache.bin method (and no, reverting to 1.00 won't help, as that doesn't use such a cache and startup is just as slow or even slower - besides, 1.00 has many crash bugs especially during entrances so it isn't recommended to play that version).

thank you for this,, well i guess im stuck with just a 3-4 min wait every start up. 

thank you cave! how about setting the graphics lower? would that help? turning off vsync, and all the other things?

thank you for this,, well i guess im stuck with just a 3-4 min wait every start up. 

thank you cave! how about setting the graphics lower? would that help? turning off vsync, and all the other things?

You can certainly try, although I doubt it'll be all that much. The loading process depends mostly on your disk speed, RAM and computing power. You could also try to set your windows Power Plan to High Performance to see if that helps if you haven't already, just in case your power management is throttling things.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

You can certainly try, although I doubt it'll be all that much. The loading process depends mostly on your disk speed, RAM and computing power. You could also try to set your windows Power Plan to High Performance to see if that helps if you haven't already, just in case your power management is throttling things.

noted, i will do. thanks!! :D

does this makes you Version back to 1.05? :D

No. Well, the opening screen still says 1.05 (since they were too lazy to update it from consoles), but the actual patched PC version is 1.01 PC with or without the empty chunk_cache.bin file.
The original PC version was 1.00 PC.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

it is really not fixing this issue regarding the save file corruption :( please advise how can we get this issue fixed ?

Edited by B2Y

it is really not fixing this issue regarding the save file corruption :( please advise how can we get this issue fixed ?

1.01 certainly has a way lower chance for save file corruption. But you have to make sure that you upload an uncorrupted save to the cloud as well (Steam offline -> Exit Steam. Restore uncorrupt save. -> Start Steam Offline. -> Start WWE 2k16 offline -> Load data. -> Save the game (change a brand of one of the superstars in MyWWE, for example) -> Exit Game -> Exit Steam. -> Backup working save -> Start Steam in Online Mode -> Start Game -> When told save on computer is newer, choose to upload new save to the cloud. -> play the game as normal and back up your save regularly, don't download corrupted CAWs, Arenas, Belts, and other content, don't kill the game/crash while the game is saving or loading.

If you're still getting file corruption, contact 2k Customer support with detailed reprdouction steps and hopefully they'll get their boys to reproduce and fix the bug.

Edited by Cave Waverider

• 2 weeks later...

how can i remove al lthe modded stuff because when i want to update the game to 1.1 i keep crashing and i have to get back to the older patch but i want to update it so i can download the up to date mods...

how can i remove al lthe modded stuff because when i want to update the game to 1.1 i keep crashing and i have to get back to the older patch but i want to update it so i can download the up to date mods...

If you want to fix your 1.01 crashing on startup with mods installed, then go to the Data Editor Tutorials post and scroll down to "Use Data Editor to easily fix the WWE 2k16 game Crash on Startup when Mods are Installed". Follow that tutorial and your game should work nicely with patch 1.01 and mods installed (provided you've installed all your mods correctly - if you havent't follow the Tutorials on how to do so the easiest way).

Edited by Cave Waverider

...after patch 1.01 i can't download anything to CC how i need to fix for this problem???

It's a server problem & everyone is facing it...so just wait till 2K fixes this

Edited by Adm King

• 4 weeks later...

I literally cannot play the game after the update which I happened to do 2-3 days back.. It stops at loading screen after selecting characters.. and NO, I don't have any wrongly installed POFO and moveset 'cause I even tried with a fresh save.