Through the ages '91 - '02 MEGAMOD Version 1.0 RELEASED! + POFO & MOVESET Library

Robbie686

On 8/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, Robbie686 said:

Looking for a select few to test the BETA out and give feedback - Any takers? ;) 

I'm totally brand new to this forum, but as a long time WWF, WCW and ECW fan, I would be honoured to trial this.

If none left though I'm super hyped for the release! 

Roster looks incredible!

• Like 1

First of all, I wanted to thank you for the good cooperation.  It's an honor to be able to assist you with your mod.  For years, I've been waiting for just such a mod.  You've probably spent countless hours of time, but it was worth it.  Thank you for sharing your work with us! Your mod is great and it's a big help to people like me who do not have the time to adjust all the things themselves.

I still have a suggestion.  How about a custom_data.xml file for CCT and SE? So that people can easily import / change the themes and ch files?

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

First of all, I wanted to thank you for the good cooperation.  It's an honor to be able to assist you with your mod.  For years, I've been waiting for just such a mod.  You've probably spent countless hours of time, but it was worth it.  Thank you for sharing your work with us! Your mod is great and it's a big help to people like me who do not have the time to adjust all the things themselves.

I still have a suggestion.  How about a custom_data.xml file for CCT and SE? So that people can easily import / change the themes and ch files?

Thanks man I really appreciate it! I guess when you’re passion is wrestling / wrestling games you do what ever it takes to make the perfect game 😊 - just to say thank you so much. Without your help this mod would never have been possible! As a community on Smacktalks there really are some very talented passionate people!! This makes me very happy for the future of wrestling games. 

In regard to the XML for the themes sure I can put something together! Will certainly help people know which themes have already been used and which are free to use 😊.

i hope everyone loves the mod and I look forward to feedback both positive and negative.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

I absolutely love this mod. I see that a lot of these mods it utilizes don't exist yet. I am hopeful this mod will inspire others to create those guys that are MIA from the game still. I've tried my hand at a few character mods but I can't seem to get the hang of it. This just makes me want to practice more so I can help fill out this dream roster. I love the idea of this roster. 

• Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

Downloaded the mod, cant get it to work. The launcher is tell me "TTA MOD doesnt work with cracked/unpatched versions". I definitely have a legit copy of the game through Steam and it is updated to 1.04. Im sure Im doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. Mod looks incredible cant wait to get my hands dirty with it.

22 minutes ago, Wardy42 said:

Downloaded the mod, cant get it to work. The launcher is tell me "TTA MOD doesnt work with cracked/unpatched versions". I definitely have a legit copy of the game through Steam and it is updated to 1.04. Im sure Im doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. Mod looks incredible cant wait to get my hands dirty with it.

Sorry pal i can’t help you with that one I’m afraid. The mod is tried and tested on multiple pcs from a fresh install game and no issues. Perhaps try a fresh install then try again 😊

No you don't. The launcher couldn't detect your game library from the registry, which means it could not validate the exe, so it's a 'cracked' version for it. That's not correct. It should give you the option to change the game directory. That's a logical issue. I will fix this ASAP. Sorry for the inconveniences. 

@Wardy42

Here is an update for the launcher, which should give you an option to select your game directory.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bZJxRwbK1X-fXrnIOWe_rpxz4oSjhHmS

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

There's a launcher for this?
Does that mean it's possible to have this as a different save file?
For example, I have my own personal modded save. Am I able to install the game through Steam again to another drive and write this mod to another drive on the same PC? (I assumed this was impossible)

7 hours ago, Clarityman said:

There's a launcher for this?
Does that mean it's possible to have this as a different save file?
For example, I have my own personal modded save. Am I able to install the game through Steam again to another drive and write this mod to another drive on the same PC? (I assumed this was impossible)

No. It is still the same save, but you don't have to install the game again. This mod uses its own launcher which creates a virtual mod directory in your game folder and generates a chunk file for that. This directory is a symbolic link and will be removed when you close the game (as long as you keep the launcher open in background). It is just like the Nexus launcher for Skyrim and based on my Simple Mod Manager tools. Even the chunk cache will be reset after closing the game. That means you don't have to copy any files to your game. It stays completely clean.

There is an exception.. Trons and sound files will be overwritten, because this aren't controlled via chunk cache. But the launcher creates a backup from this files and also from your save game. It does export all your pofos, movesets, teams.. But for now there is no option to restore the backup. A separate uninstaller will be available with version 1.1. Handling with the save game is too dangerous, because it could possibly break the game. So it just backups what it has changed. 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

Cant seem to download the files, constant network error everytime, it's weird, everything else I can download fine (MediaFire, Google, MEGA etc.) any idea what could be the reason? 

I have the same downloading issue.    I've tried w/ and w/o vpn and on both PC and Mac.   Only success has been to connect to 5Mhz and download one at a time and was able to get part one.