TheVisitorX

Custom Character Tools 2018 v1.0.2

To keep my threads clean, I've decided to make a new thread for my tools this year when they're released.

So this is the place for all questions, bugs, error messages and suggestions regarding the new Custom Character Tools 2018 for WWE 2K18!

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @Cave Waverider for another great cooperation this year and @Perfectplex for allowing me to use his "PerfectPlextra" mod!

Features

- Install .moveset, .pofo, .team-info and .match files from disc or external tools like Data Editor
- Inject custom Tron files (Apron, Ribbon (long), Ramp, Titan and Walltrons)
- Change/replace Superstar images
- Uninstall Superstars & CAWs
- Export .pofo, .moveset, .team_info and .match files from memory or open and edit them in Data Editor for WWE 2k18
- Install CH-PAC files without changes in hex or cache
- Read names of CAWs, Teams and Custom Matches from the game and use them in the dropdown lists as well as update them in Data Editor for WWE 2k18 when exporting them to the latter.

=> CCT 2018 copies the files as mod, recognizes the name and changes the EMD section automatically. It also adds the necessary entries in Chunk0.def file and removes conflicting entries!

- Convert CH-PAC files in HPSC format to EPK8
- Clear Chunk0.arc file
- Re-generate Chunk0.def file full or add new entries automatically in "realtime mode"
- Build-in option to install "PerfectPlextra Mod" by @Perfectplex to enable additional slots without the need for other external tools

And ... maybe more?!

Changes

- Add support for the last 2K18 1.0.7 update

- Fixed wrong render for Beth Phoenix

- Initial Release

Download (setup)

http://activeation.com/76oC

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Tutorials

FAQ

What do I need to run this tool?

Custom Character Tools 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and files and also needs admin access to the registry, because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

And before anyone ask .. No, it does not work with pirated versions!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 7
  • Bliss 2
  • What? 1
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 12
  • Glorious 3

• Cave Waverider featured this topic

Really excited by this years release of the tool! Just tried chucking in an AJ Styles render, using same DDS settings as 2K16 (being the last WWE game I had) and his appears blank, once his character is selected all renders seem to disappear. These are settings I'm using

674a6eeb9e.png

Hope its my mistake and not a bug but anyways thanks for the time you put in every year to benefit the community! 

The Custom Character Tool this year is awesome! Completely solved my CAW issue! It lists the names of the CAWS so that I don't have to guess which ones are which. Thank you so much TheVisitorX! Great feature, really loving it! :yes

39 minutes ago, Alexa Blissed Off said:

The Custom Character Tool this year is awesome! Completely solved my CAW issue! It lists the names of the CAWS so that I don't have to guess which ones are which. Thank you so much TheVisitorX! Great feature, really loving it! :yes

Indeed. Same with Teams and Custom Matches, by the way. And if you use CCT's export feature to export .pofo, .moveset, .team_info or .match files directly into Data Editor for WWE 2k18, it even sends the names of CAWs, Teams and Custom Matches to Data Editor and which in turn updates it's own Data lists with that Data so you can find your CAW/Team/Match by name when editing it with Data Editor or creating files for it. ;)
Just one of the many helpful quality of life features we've implemented this year. :)

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Indeed. Same with Teams and Custom Matches, by the way. And if you use CCT's export feature to export .pofo, .moveset, .team_info or .match files directly into Data Editor for WWE 2k18, it even sends the names of CAWs, Teams and Custom Matches to Data Editor and which in turn updates it's own Data lists with that Data so you can find your CAW/Team/Match by name when editing it with Data Editor or creating files for it. ;)
Just one of the many helpful quality of life features we've implemented this year. :)

That's unbelievable!! Great work! I can't wait for WWE 2K18+ to be released. But these tools will hold me over till then. Thanks again!:lol

The only weird thing I have noticed is whenever you change a CAW superstar from male to female or female to male their face gets disfigured. It looks like they took a major beating and their face is all bruised up. LOL! It's kinda funny but creepy at the same time. Does anyone know why this happens? I changed the gender using the new Data Editor Tool.

1 hour ago, Alexa Blissed Off said:

That's unbelievable!! Great work! I can't wait for WWE 2K18+ to be released. But these tools will hold me over till then. Thanks again!:lol

The only weird thing I have noticed is whenever you change a CAW superstar from male to female or female to male their face gets disfigured. It looks like they took a major beating and their face is all bruised up. LOL! It's kinda funny but creepy at the same time. Does anyone know why this happens? I changed the gender using the new Data Editor Tool.

It happens because the base models/bones are different for male and female CAWs. Nobody has found a way to change that so far.

3 hours ago, Status™ said:

I Believe its Type A, its the biggest one when the match is loading.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that the DLC isn't out yet? Do you have any problems with characters that are officially available yet?

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It happens because the base models/bones are different for male and female CAWs. Nobody has found a way to change that so far.

Oh, bummer. But it is pretty realistic if I give the CAW a serious beating in a previous match and then change their gender. Then it looks like their face is all bruised up. Pretty neat. Thanks again for the wonderful tool, keep up the good work! :D

I'm sure I'm missing a step... when I install a new CH. It's says it says it's succesful, but doesn't show up in the ch folder by the assigned filename. I took the old Alex Shelley Ch from last year. Renamed it to the current number, but I can't find where it's saved. I tried a basic search with no results. When I duplicate the process it says your going to override the existing files. But I still can't find where their stored. Only issue so far... Thanks for the tool mate!

Ok its telling me "error: It seems 2k isn't running"........its been a while since using this beautiful software. Is this a settings problem??? I forgot how to link my exe to this tool. Game directory/save game directory??? How do we link CCT to our game?

Edited by amazing-maze

2 hours ago, SimulatedOrganizm said:

I'm sure I'm missing a step... when I install a new CH. It's says it says it's succesful, but doesn't show up in the ch folder by the assigned filename. I took the old Alex Shelley Ch from last year. Renamed it to the current number, but I can't find where it's saved. I tried a basic search with no results. When I duplicate the process it says your going to override the existing files. But I still can't find where their stored. Only issue so far... Thanks for the tool mate!

It should be installed inside the \mods\ folder (leave it there) and linked inside the Chunk0.def file.

2 hours ago, amazing-maze said:

Ok its telling me "error: It seems 2k isn't running"........its been a while since using this beautiful software. Is this a settings problem??? I forgot how to link my exe to this tool. Game directory/save game directory??? How do we link CCT to our game?

File->Settings->Game Directory. You'll have to have the latest official version of the game installed, of course.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It should be installed inside the \mods\ folder (leave it there) and linked inside the Chunk0.def file.

File->Settings->Game Directory. You'll have to have the latest official version of the game installed, of course.

Well When I purchased this game it played amazing on my PC. So what I do with all my games once I purchase them, I keep and save the original exe files before they start to patch. 2k sports & EA sports are the king of patches. Once again 2k patches this game as they did with NBA 2k18, and the game play HORRIBLE on my PC. The patched game is terrible for me.....This is my own personally issues with sport simulation gaming. They force us to "change" the game that we get out of the box. How people not see the injustice this is. This is my issue as a gamer. Ive had this issue since 2008......

Yes I have a story to tell. But I wont tell it here....Long story short, I loved this game when it first came out. It played well on my computer and the frame rate was so much more smooth. So I risked losing all my downloadable content, because the downloadable content no longer works for the older exe version. But I'm willing to even risk that just for how much I enjoyed this game from day one....The new version is way to EASY. The old version had a hard to read style of counter, but the new version seems way to easy...it sucks. 

I was hoping that this CCT can help me install these wrestlers....damit 

Thanks 

The problem here is that CCT accesses (and writes) memory addresses that change from version to version. In order to make CCT compatible with older versions, I would have to maintain several data.xml files. Unfortunately, this effort is not worthwhile. I agree, though, that (unfortunately) Yukes often makes the games worse in later versions rather than improving them, but that's another topic. I intentionally built this routine, so that older versions will not work, because you could use it to destroy your save if the data.xml file does not fit. Each new version requires a new build.

Edited by TheVisitorX

TheVisitorX Your amazing and thanks for these amazing software. I wish I would have brought this game at the end of the year. Patches are killing the gaming world to me. Their changing a players experience with the game, and we have to sit back and accept this. Thank god for the PC because we have other options to go around.....The sad thing is, patches are needed at times, but why cant we have a option to say NO, and continue our experience with DLC, and other online features....at least allow us to say no to gameplay changes.

This new version feels cheap and not the same as the release date version. I'm offline gamer to the core, so I can tell when there is a change in framerate, movement, and changes in gameplay. My computer reacts differently to this new version. Even the graphics feel like crap. I might be done with these  sports games and stick to the adventure.....It seems like a crime what their doing because we pay for this stuff..then they change my game into a different game. They have to do something better..i wrote 2k about this, they said the would get back to me...haven't heard nothing since lol

sorry for my rant. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Yo, would you mind sharing the renders? 

Hey, are render files the same as previous years? ie. DDS a,b,c?

I made a few Renders for 2k17 mods and alternate Renders to those that are already available, so I can upload them here if the format is the same?

22 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Thank you! It took a second to find, but I got it figured out