Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

On 23/10/2017 at 5:03 AM, LoneWolf7691 said:

Is anyone else having a problem with getting the installer to open? I've tried a few different things but it doesn't seem to be opening.

Never mind, fixed it

How did you do ?

The installation does not start. Yet I have all the prerequisites (.NET-Framework 4.5: ok, 64bit Windows version  :ok).

What does not work?

I would like so much to be able to use sound editor.

Help me please

Thanks.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

On ‎14‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Dams910 said:

The installation does not start. Yet I have all the prerequisites (.NET-Framework 4.5: ok, 64bit Windows version  :ok).

What does not work?

I would like so much to be able to use sound editor.

Help me please

Thanks.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Do you use any overlay/hooking software (RTSS, for example) and are on Windows 10 1703 or later? Then you'll have to update the overlay/hooking software to a version compatible with the changes in Direct3D in recent Windows versions. Otherwise you will have the same trouble with various applications, not just SE. That or uninstall the software. Also update your drivers. Not sure what else it could be, safe for a corrupt Winfows installation or unstable hardware.

• Like 1

Guys this year it seems that the cheers & boo option in not working properly this year. Is there a area in sound editor that can help us fix this. 

Wrestlers like bam bam & big boss man. These guys I can't change for them to be booed of cheered

When this first released I replaced the menu files fine with no issues. This 1.0.2 I believe. 

I had to reinstall my game and had to re-import all my music for the menu. Now I seem to be having the annoying 2-second-loop-syndrome. 

I'm assuming this has something to do with the latest patch (1.0.4 currently)? 

1 hour ago, stloony said:

When this first released I replaced the menu files fine with no issues. This 1.0.2 I believe. 

I had to reinstall my game and had to re-import all my music for the menu. Now I seem to be having the annoying 2-second-loop-syndrome. 

I'm assuming this has something to do with the latest patch (1.0.4 currently)? 

Yes, you have to re-apply the fix. Unfortunately that's only working for the first time, you have to reset the notification in SE.

Browse to the following location:

C:\Users\--yourusername--\AppData\Local\Sound_Editor

Sort the directories by date and browse to the newest directory called

\Sound_Editor.exe_Url_xxx\1.0.X.XXXX

There you will find a file called "user.config". Open that file in a editor of your choice and change "show_sfx_patch_dialog_window" from False to True. Save the file and start SE 2018 and you should see the patch confirmation dialog.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Could someone help a noob like me with Wwise (PM will do don't want to spam this thread) - I just cannot import any audiofiles into the program...
I figured out I am too dumb to figure it out on my own :D

First time buying this game for years and first time overall on PC so I am completely new to this.

1 hour ago, Mrlolba said:

Could you please add the names to the ID with show intro theme? Then it will be easy for me to import the right theme to the right PPV.

Find it out yourself and send @TheVisitorX your custom_data.xml file so he can integrate it with the next update. It's supposed to be a community effort, thus it's often a good idea to show some effort. ;)

• Too Sweet 1

17 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, you have to re-apply the fix. Unfortunately that's only working for the first time, you have to reset the notification in SE.

Browse to the following location:

C:\Users\--yourusername--\AppData\Local\Sound_Editor

Sort the directories by date and browse to the newest directory called

\Sound_Editor.exe_Url_xxx\1.0.X.XXXX

There you will find a file called "user.config". Open that file in a editor of your choice and change "show_sfx_patch_dialog_window" from False to True. Save the file and start SE 2018 and you should see the patch confirmation dialog.

Tried doing this but I'm getting an Error: "Couldn't apply the patch!"

Any reason why this would be? I haven't ran into any issues until now. 

1 minute ago, stloony said:

Tried doing this but I'm getting an Error: "Couldn't apply the patch!"

Any reason why this would be? I haven't ran into any issues until now. 

There were some people with the same issue. I'm working on another way to apply this fix. Where is your game folder located?

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

There were some people with the same issue. I'm working on another way to apply this fix. Where is your game folder located?

My game is located on a separate drive. So: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\WWE 2K18

4 hours ago, Zarkon said:

Anyone planning on releasing a tutorial? As someone who has no idea how things like that work I am stuck after converting the song

Howdy!  I may do a proper video or something to help, but for now the easiest way to quick-answer you is the following.  

1. Open you SOUND EDITOR 2018 program.  It will be blank, or should be for the most part.  Click FILE > OPEN.
2. Navigate to the Sound folder... steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K18\sound ...and chose and open what file you're looking for, in THIS case, you want one of the following:
music_0_m.pak   music_1_m.pak   music_2_m.pak  or   music_3_m.pak

3.  For ease of access, you can click the NAME tab at the top to alphebatise the wrestlers.  Note*  Though they are alphabatised, you may not find every wrestler in one pak.  You'll have to search for a specific wrestler in the list via the 4 paks.

4. Assuming you HAVE the music file edited and ready, you'll need to convert it to a .wem file using the built-in converter tool.  You'll find that at the top under TOOLS > Sound-Converter.  If you HAVE the .wem file, skip to STEP 6
5. When the converter window opens, it's pretty self explainitory.  Select the "..." button, find your MP3, and select it.  I personally crank the "Target Volume" to max, but you're free to adjust this later via redoing this step if it sounds wrong .  I also leave Audio Gain unchecked, personally.  Anywho, hit the "Convert" button and let it do it's thing (there is no progress bar, so just wait)
6.  In the main window RIGHT-CLICK the superstar who's music you want to swap, and click IMPORT from the right-click menu.  Find the .wem file you converted in the pop-up window and hit open.

7.  That should be it.  You can test your swapped track by RIGHT-CLICKING and hitting Play.  You can RIGHT-CLICK and hit stop to stop it.  Once satisfied, you're free to load up the game and everything should be good to go!

-Important!-
You will get errors when trying to import if your game is open while you're fiddling with SOUND INJECTOR 2018, so make sure you exit your game fully!
Adding your own music for a CAW by replacing the in-game generic music is the same process, except the files you're looking to edit are called "music_misc_1_m.pck"  and "music_misc_2_m.pck"

Most things should have names in the list to help you find them easily =)

music_show_m.pck   is where you can swap music for PPVs and such.  Most are unnamed BUT SigoComoSiempre posted an image above that accurately fills them in!

sound.jpg

Edited by BaileyBat
Wasn't finished when I hit enter.
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for taking the time to write that short tutorial! I really appreciate that! A video would also be a good thing and I would add that to the main thread as a help for others. Unfortunately I haven't enough time to publish such a tutorial.

Edited by TheVisitorX

15 hours ago, BaileyBat said:

Howdy!  I may do a proper video or something to help, but for now the easiest way to quick-answer you is the following. 

Thank you mate for your time!!!!  I did the converting but was confused nothing happened so I stopped there :-D

2 questions:

1. Someone said that there are a bunch of doubleused files or blank files - are they usable or should I just overwrite the misc stuff?

2. Is renaming the the title okay or does it cause problems?

3 hours ago, amazing-maze said:

Any word on the CCT???? Any release date 

Sorry for the delay, I was really busy. A beta build will be released soon. I haven't much time but I'll do my best to speed up this process.

3 hours ago, Zarkon said:

Thank you mate for your time!!!!  I did the converting but was confused nothing happened so I stopped there :-D

2 questions:

1. Someone said that there are a bunch of doubleused files or blank files - are they usable or should I just overwrite the misc stuff?

2. Is renaming the the title okay or does it cause problems?

Duplicate files aren't usable, because they have the same ids and another file will overwrite a previous defined sound. There is a special order for all the files so it could be that a file is defined multiple times but only used from the last/first one. Renaming the title has no influence in the game itself.

Edited by TheVisitorX

so yeah, I don't think the fix likes my copy of the game very much because I reapplied it and now my game hardcrashes every time I load it.FyqiaA4KQ6mHrgaTA4hwLg.png

Edited by TheHenshinGamer

I don't think that it is the "fix" which causes your issue. Check if you have any other mods installed. Because that fix is simple and only writes a file and does nothing to other game files. So this cannot be your problem!

Edited by TheVisitorX