Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

I'm working on another way to apply the fix, outside from SE. It's nothing "special", but I will not make the changes public, because maybe Yukes will read it and prevents this method in another update.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Is it possible to convert 2k17 or 2k16 wems to work with this new one? If I inject the old ones, they just have no audio when I play it. Or better yet, is there a way to convert wems into mp3's or wav so I can convert them to the new format?

I was testing this out earlier and was messing around replacing Bo Dallas' music and ended up deleting him from the file when I thought I was just deleting the replaced music. Is there a way to get those files back or do I need to reinstall the game?

5 hours ago, Phant0mSpec said:

I was testing this out earlier and was messing around replacing Bo Dallas' music and ended up deleting him from the file when I thought I was just deleting the replaced music. Is there a way to get those files back or do I need to reinstall the game?

If you make a backup of the file to begin with and then use that. I have a feeling if I rip the sound files from the previous games via Ravioli tools and save them as MP3’s. That might work alongside this year’s editor

53 minutes ago, buffdiaz said:

If you make a backup of the file to begin with and then use that. I have a feeling if I rip the sound files from the previous games via Ravioli tools and save them as MP3’s. That might work alongside this year’s editor

Yes, that is working. You only have to convert the files to wem with the latest Wwise version. Ripping from previous games is possible. But not as wem files.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:55 AM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2018 1.0.1

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to @tomwearsglasses, @Cave Waverider, @SixZz|RipZz and @tich who have collected all the sound/RA file data for SE! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

Notice: Not all data for 2K18 has been collected yet.

!!! Please read !!!

• SE 2018 won't be compatible with WWE 2K17 and previous games - You can't use your old converted wem files from previous releases !!!
  • It's also not possible to change menu soundtracks for now, because Yukes has included some checksum like they did in 2K15 - If you try to change a menu song, the old songs remains and plays for 1-2 seconds and stops... <-- SE 2018 includes a fix for that issue!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K18!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

Reveal hidden contents

- All new entrance music / generic music added in the list view (A big thank you to @Cave Waverider for the data.xml updates!)
- Some ring announcements added in the list (thank you to @tich for the RA data)
- Fixed a bug which causes a crash if there are duplicate entries in data.xml file

- Initial Release

Download (installer)

Reveal hidden contents

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Tutorials

Reveal hidden contents

More details about the new pck files will follow soon. There are a lot of new files this year and also a lot of duplicates. Menu soundtracks are located in the game game_mode_m.pck. Most of the music are in music_x_m.pck and music_misc_x.pck for generic themes!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

Reveal hidden contents

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor 2018 is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need Audiokinetic Wwise 2017.

Sound Editor does the installation for you if there is no version installed!

Please use only that version, version 2016.x or lower does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

where is Downloading link ?

i'm new to the fourm

8 hours ago, EdgarAllanPoon said:

Any advice for adding arena effects using the default Reverb tool in Audacity?

I believe you don't really have to since the game uses plain files and adds arena effects dynamically.

30 minutes ago, Bray43 said:

It doesn't work. When I put in settings the Wwise CLI directory it shows me that this is the wrong Wwise version or the Wwise path is not valid. Please help me.

Please read the whole thread and you should get the answer you want. I'm sorry, but this question has already been asked and answered several times and I have neither the time nor the desire to repeat the solution again and again.  There is a FAQ section in the main post, which includes all the information you need.

Edited by TheVisitorX

8 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Please read the whole thread and you should get the answer you want. I'm sorry, but this question has already been asked and answered several times and I have neither the time nor the desire to repeat the solution again and again.  There is a FAQ section in the main post, which includes all the information you need.

Oh i'm so sorry dude thank you bro !!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2017 at 6:27 AM, Cave Waverider said:

I believe you don't really have to since the game uses plain files and adds arena effects dynamically.

Really? That is awesome, I did not realize that.

25 minutes ago, EdgarAllanPoon said:

Really? That is awesome, I did not realize that.

Yes that arena effects are generated from the game itself and it is not necessary to add this effects in your files.

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It's still WIP.

Ok thanks I was wondering why I couldn' find the download link hey will your older versions of custom characters tools work 18 I really wanted to inject cm punk into my game 

5 hours ago, Hkgamez said:

Ok thanks I was wondering why I couldn' find the download link hey will your older versions of custom characters tools work 18 I really wanted to inject cm punk into my game 

No, sorry. It does not work with 2K18, because all the memory addresses are different and all checks are WWE2K17 related.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:55 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Do you like my work and want future updates? Here you will have the chance to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CHM6HN9Y4D44N

That helps me to make future updates and supports my work!

Donation sent!  Wish I could do more.  Thank you guys for using your skills to make other people happy! Oh yeah and.........HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! WAHHHH!!! WAHHHH! WAHHH!!!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MRG said:

does the music in this game just randomly break? I had lots of songs imported and it was working great. now none of the themes are playing in the game at all.

is it because of the tool somehow?

Seems like some import went wrong, try to restore your pck files with a previous backup. (Hope you have enabled the backup option in SE...)

3 hours ago, mrwhite6991 said:

Donation sent!  Wish I could do more.  Thank you guys for using your skills to make other people happy! Oh yeah and.........HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! WAHHHH!!! WAHHHH! WAHHH!!!

Thank you for your donation! I really appreciate it! Have a nice day, too ;).

Edited by TheVisitorX