Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

just check some random files on those pck always got commentary line so decided to delete them, played for some hours without them and so far no problem, just commentary are gone, so yeah hope there is no few announcement or public chant in them :D

the files  I deleted are character_ss0.pck to character_ss5m.pck, all yhe ones that starts with comm and the day1_patch.pck

Edited by tich

15 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Are you sure? It should not be the file size, it is the old wem file which is not compatible with 2k18. Each wem file generated with a previous wwise version < 2017 does not work. I have already lowered the quality settings for SE 2018.

@List of Jericho Set the path to wwise in the settings. Its the same path that you have selected in the setup dialog.

i don't think it selected a path in the setup

3 minutes ago, List of Jericho said:

i don't think it selected a path in the setup

I mean in the Wwise setup, not in SE setup. Something like Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2017... Select this path in the settings.

Edited by TheVisitorX

3 hours ago, tungnm said:

It says couldn't apply patch and then nothing shows up

https://imgur.com/a/IpLbp

And how can select my game directory?

The programs look like that every time you open it
You shouldn't expect to see anything in the program.
Click "settings". There you need to set the path for Wwise and where the cconverted files should be saved.
Then you press "file" and "open" then navigate to the WWE 2k18/sound path and choose the correct sound file to open.

Edited by Mrlolba
Better wording

5 hours ago, tungnm said:

It says couldn't apply patch and then nothing shows up

https://imgur.com/a/IpLbp

And how can select my game directory?

That means SE wasn't able to find your game directory path in the registry, so the menu-sfx-patch couldn't applied.  I'm working on a way to customize the path. Maybe I will separate the patch from the main executable.

Edited by TheVisitorX

32 minutes ago, MajorPayne said:

I'm trying to download the Wwise 2017 on the site but when I click download on windows nothing happens.

Why do you want to download Wwise 2017 from another site when it is included in SE? When you first run SE it asks you to install Wwise. If you click "yes", it does run the setup,

Edited by TheVisitorX

???

Go to the directory where you have installed Sound Editor, there is a subdirectory called "dependencies". Open this directory and click on the exe file located in this directory. It's the Wwise offline installer.

i am right now sry I'm an idiot this morning, thanks bro

when i click install it say an error occurred. then i click ok, is it still installing ?

nothing is installing but is says performing offline installing operation

well i aborted that , and tried the online install but i get installation operation completed with errors,

Errors - Cant access/modify C:\Program files (x86)\Audiokinetic\data\install-table.json

ok so c program files x86 audiokinetic it had to be an empty directory , so I had to delete the old data folder that was in there , and then it installed ,thanks for the program.

Edited by MajorPayne
  • Thanks 1

Hi! I wanted to replece another superstar (Greg Valentine) entrance music with cm punks (downloaded from wwe community creation) "cult of personality.wem"(downloaded from internet) with your tool... after replacing i opened the game but it was just silent. I thought may be something wrong with the wem file, i should try another cm punks wem entrance music. But that didnt work too. Even Tried to preview Greg Valentine theme song from jukebox but i couldn't. After 1/2 second of silent previewing another music came up... so how can i replece a superstar entance music with cm punks ones

3 hours ago, Tanvir786 said:

Hi! I wanted to replece another superstar (Greg Valentine) entrance music with cm punks (downloaded from wwe community creation) "cult of personality.wem"(downloaded from internet) with your tool... after replacing i opened the game but it was just silent. I thought may be something wrong with the wem file, i should try another cm punks wem entrance music. But that didnt work too. Even Tried to preview Greg Valentine theme song from jukebox but i couldn't. After 1/2 second of silent previewing another music came up... so how can i replece a superstar entance music with cm punks ones

You have used a wem file which wasn't converted with Wwise 2017! I have mentioned multiple times, even in the main post, that this does NOT work!

Why do I write something and mark it as "please read" if no one seems to read that? It is very frustrating! Don't get me wrong,  I do what I can to help others with problems, but if someone isn't able to read my warning, I can't do anything!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I added Seth Rollins Burn It Down theme, and now the Asencion come out to this as well.  I edited their entrance and it is set to their own theme, somehow this is tying together. Can someone else try this and see if they are experiencing this too?

Edit - Under character sounds 0 Seth Rollins should be The Ascension, and Rollins Long under character sounds 1 is Rollins theme.

Edited by myk13

2 hours ago, myk13 said:

not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I added Seth Rollins Burn It Down theme, and now the Asencion come out to this as well.  I edited their entrance and it is set to their own theme, somehow this is tying together. Can someone else try this and see if they are experiencing this too?

Edit - Under character sounds 0 Seth Rollins should be The Ascension, and Rollins Long under character sounds 1 is Rollins theme.

Yes, you are right. @Cave Waverider has fixed this in the newest data.xml file. Thank you for your report. The next data update  for SE will include that fix.

When the sound i imported gets played in-game it has turned the volume for the sound down a lot. I tried increasing the volume and can hear that the .wem file has increased volume, but the music isn't louder in-game. Is there some way to increase the volume in-game?

33 minutes ago, Mrlolba said:

When the sound i imported gets played in-game it has turned the volume for the sound down a lot. I tried increasing the volume and can hear that the .wem file has increased volume, but the music isn't louder in-game. Is there some way to increase the volume in-game?

It's an issue from the game since the beginning. The volume is a bit low in-game, so all sounds are recorded/imported really loud, even the original ones. Use the "Sound converter" tool and check the "Track gain" option and play with the volume slider. Or do some editing in a tool like Audacity. Unfortunately that is the only option you have. The sound and volume settings are hard-coded and the game applies some post-sfx editing to the sounds  (like arena effects), so the only option you have is to turn the volume up really high, which causes some distortion.

Edited by TheVisitorX

@TheVisitorX First of all .... thank you for your great work. I always used your CCT very much. The sound editor I try this year for the first time. :)

Is there a way to make an MP 3 export with the sound Editor 2K18?

And another Little question. Can your sound editor of WWE 2K17 also the sound files of WWE 2K16 / 15 play or possibly even as WAV or MP 3 Export?

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Just now, BamBams Universe said:

@TheVisitorX First of all .... thank you for your great work. I always used your CCT very much. The sound editor I try this year for the first time. :)

Is there a way to make an MP 3 export with the sound Editor 2K18?

And another Little question. Can your sound editor of WWE 2K17 also the sound files of WWE 2K16 / 15 play or possibly even as WAV or MP 3 Export?

No, but there is an ogg file export. Maybe I will add a conversion option from ogg to mp3 in a later version. If I remember correctly, SE 2017 is able to open and play sounds from 2K16. If not, there is also a Sound Editor tool for 2K16. 2K15 does not work with SE. But you could try to use Ravioli Game Tools, which supports WWE 2K15 (and also 16, 17 and 18).

• Thanks 1