Pozzum's Toolbox: Super String, Memory Table, Custom Titles, Empty Pofo Moveset

pozzum

16 minutes ago, pozzum said:

added them along with a few more upcoming things. the list maintained on that sheet is geared towards WWE 2K17+ (but not exclusively) and can lag a bit behind some releases.

Got it, thanks Pozzum.  Is the string file listed on pg1 updated to go with the new memory table i see up?

1 minute ago, myk13 said:

Got it, thanks Pozzum.  Is the string file listed on pg1 updated to go with the new memory table i see up?

yeah the string sheet hasn't changed. If you can't find the name you are looking for make sure you also check the 0001 sheet on that string page as that is where the mods are listed.

will the string link in the first page be updated with the included jinder mahal name? i just downloaded it and it doesnt work. it just has a blank name when i try it. thanks.

4 hours ago, nicomoto2014 said:

will the string link in the first page be updated with the included jinder mahal name? i just downloaded it and it doesnt work. it just has a blank name when i try it. thanks.

I did not realize he wasn't in there before. I have not updated that I will try to make that change soon.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2017 at 3:13 AM, myk13 said:

A request, if it's not too much to ask.  It has the same amount of letters too, but now that he's back  in the WWE can we get Drew Galloway changed to McIntyre?

McIntyre is 3AED

On 5/12/2017 at 0:12 AM, nicomoto2014 said:

Could you also add Mick Foley to the string, but in all caps?

most of the strings should be in all caps in the actual string, but they are not on the sheet.  Is this not the case?

@pozzum

I read something in another string thread regarding a custom string area of sorts? The implication was that users would be able to make their own custom strings rather than acquire them through updates here. Is that the case?

I really would like The Great Sasuke's name in the game, but he's not in the string sheet. If I can somehow do it myself, I'd rather go that route than heckle someone to do it for me.

Edit: This is what @LordJustice17 said as a reply to someone wanting a name added:

On 3/20/2017 at 10:17 AM, LordJustice17 said:

Not adding a "Retro Brock Lesnar" string. It's a waste of space to start adding retro versions of everyone. That is better handled as alt attires or by individual users using the custom string section.

Edited by The Anti Source
Clarity

@The Anti Source Open up Pozzum's string sheet. Go to the 0001 tab. Scroll to the bottom. There is a section of strings reserved for custom user strings. Once you know what to edit you can edit it using HxD or XP.

EDIT: I've added "The Great Sasuke" to the sheet, so it should be pencilled in for future updates.

Edited by LordJustice17
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LordJustice17 said:

@The Anti Source Open up Pozzum's string sheet. Go to the 0001 tab. Scroll to the bottom. There is a section of strings reserved for custom user strings. Once you know what to edit you can edit it using HxD or XP.

Alright, sooo...what do I edit to put in The Great Sasuke's name?

1 hour ago, LordJustice17 said:

The string file.

Ok, so I found what to edit, but the text isn't changing. I went to address 4546 which is the first one to show the "WWE 2K17+ User Attire". I opened the string with HxD, went to where the 4546 text started, then typed over the text and any remaining space to the next text was replaced with 00. I saved the string file, then I went to WWE 2K17+ because I assumed I had to click on reread string for it to recognize my change. I put the 4546 address in the name boxes for the pofo file, saved it, and installed the pofo, However, whenever I go in-game and save, it's the "4546 - WWE 2K17+ User Attire" text. I even replaced two names with the same characters as The Great Sasuke and those names will too show up in-game.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Pictures

The Edited Text

The Incorrect Name

1 hour ago, LordJustice17 said:

Make sure you don't have a backup string anywhere in your 2k17 folder.

That was IT! I didn't realize the other string_win.win was a backup. I thought it was just an associated file since I'm used to stuff like "string_win_ORIGINAL" or "string_win.backup".

Thank you for your patience. I know it sucks to try to explain things to people.

• Like 1

Just now, LordJustice17 said:

No problem..glad you got it working. :)

Check your Streamlabs. It's just $5, but I just wanted to show that I appreciate you teaching me something new today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Anti Source said:

Check your Streamlabs. It's just $5, but I just wanted to show that I appreciate you teaching me something new today.

Thanks. :blush:

On ‎16‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 2:47 AM, pozzum said:

Alright, I've made some updates to the string file. you can get it from this thread or from WWE 2K17+

Some of the Strings from previous versions seem to be missing/displaying as empty when used as attire names (and possibly other uses) in the latest string update. Examples: 42AB, 4159, 4154, 414F, 4151, 414E, but there appear to be many more

I installed Jinder Mahal in 754 with the new updated string but his name is Bill Alfonso and treated as Simon Gotch even being called by the announcer as Simon and Aiden is his manager.

He is restricted as a member of the vaudevillains,too. 

Edit: solved the problem by making a new pofo myself,the problem was in pofo file.

Edited by MMBALE

11 hours ago, MMBALE said:

I installed Jinder Mahal in 754 with the new updated string but his name is Bill Alfonso and treated as Simon Gotch even being called by the announcer as Simon and Aiden is his manager.

He is restricted as a member of the vaudevillains,too. 

That is because the pofo that you used is not assigned to the right string location you can edit it with @Cave Waverider 's data editor to be 3AEF .

Also

On 5/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Some of the Strings from previous versions seem to be missing/displaying as empty when used as attire names (and possibly other uses) in the latest string update. Examples: 42AB, 4159, 4154, 414F, 4151, 414E, but there appear to be many more

I found I had edited them wrong and temporarily broke the string names, I have edited them again and they should be working now. 

• Like 1