Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

2 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Is that path also correctly set/visible in the settings (Settings - Settings - Wwise bin directory) textbox?

Yes, however when I try to open Wwise.exe I get this message:

Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

NVM. I fixed the problem. Just had to install vcredist :)

Edited by PickleTennis

4 minutes ago, PickleTennis said:

Yes, however when I try to open Wwise.exe I get this message:

Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

NVM. I fixed the problem. Just had to install vcredist :)

That could be an important note because I remember that there was a user last year who have had the same problem and mentioned the same fix. Maybe I should also include that in the installer?!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Thatcould be an important notice because I remember that there was a user last year who have had the same problem and mentioned the same fix. Maybe I should also include that in the installer?!

Yeah I also had that problem, just forgot it. Here's the link I used: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

Also, don't mean to bother you but I get this error message when I try to play a song: https://gyazo.com/14368866377d13e2bc754e3b0c8f8932

Thank you so much for your feedback, it helps me a lot! It's the thousands separator again :D. I'm still working on a fix for that problem.... For the moment you have to change that in your windows region/language settings.

I'm using the Sound Editor 2017 and it crashes on start up. Calling this one a dud I'm afraid. As soon as the game starts up it can't get past the first song after I use the editor. Crashes immediately on the menu. 

2 minutes ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

I'm using the Sound Editor 2017 and it crashes on start up. Calling this one a dud I'm afraid. As soon as the game starts up it can't get past the first song after I use the editor. Crashes immediately on the menu. 

You have replaced a menu soundtrack, right? Which wem file have you used? This years game has some issues with several wem files, especially wem files converted in Wwise. I can't do something about that, sorry. All I can say is, please only use the included "Sound converter" to convert your files to wem and it should work.

Edited by TheVisitorX

9 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

You have replaced a menu soundtrack, right? Which wem file have you used? This years game has some issues with several wem files, especially wem files converted in Wwise. I can't do something about that, sorry. All I can say is, please only use the included "Sound converter" to convert your files to wem and it should work.

There's a thread on this forum that provides packs of songs, which it seems aren't working sadly.

1 minute ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

There's a thread on this forum that provides packs of songs, which it seems aren't working sadly.

Yes, most of the tracks are from last year. We have to inform him that he needs to check his files from last year. WWE 2K15 and 16 haven't had that issue, all files are working fine. But this years game seems to be a bit strict and silly. Try to use only files converted by SE.

Yes, most of the tracks are from last year. We have to inform him that he needs to check his files from last year. WWE 2K15 and 16 haven't had that issue, all files are working fine. But this years game seems to be a bit strict and silly. Try to use only files converted by SE.

When your Sound Editor downloads the wwise file, where does it go by default? Can't seem to find it. 

55 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

SE's sound converter now uses mp3gain. So if you have an mp3 file, move the volume slider to the right (left is 89db, right is 105db) and select "Apply track gain" and it should be a lot better.

Moved the slider all the way to the right, apply track gain is checked, and I uploaded a different song thinking that maybe the other track is just low.  Same thing, both tracks sound low.  They work, and if I have to i'll just turn down the other sounds around it like the sound effects.

Tried using the 'built in convertor' and it says 'File 0 conversion to wem failed. please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1).' 

I just used what your Sound Editor downloaded. 

Hopefully there will be a thorough tutorial, because after I open the PCK sound file I have no idea what is the next step :'( 

Edit: Oh wait a minute I think I figured it out, sorry lol.

Edited by Gift Of Jericho

@TheVisitorX

Oh man, so far, it works wonder with the file hunting and my desk is filled with papers of me going OH THIS AND THIS IDEA!!!...

One tiny problem, I don't have the sound files for 2K15...Do you have them and could you send them to me via inbox here?

It would be more than helpful to have them, especially if there's an editor as well for that game. It would help more than help...like...Super help. (Is there one?)

By the way, I'll seek my files for Smackdown! Shut your mouth... Bunch of Finkel files in there...Same for WWE 2K13 and 2K14... *evil smile*  This project will take forever but... I think it'll be crazy worth it.

48 minutes ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

Tried using the 'built in convertor' and it says 'File 0 conversion to wem failed. please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1).' 

I just used what your Sound Editor downloaded. 

Check your Wwise path in the settings. It needs to be set. If it's set, install the vcredist as @PickleTennis has mentioned.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

Please try what I have mentioned above.

Version 2.1.0 has been released in the main post

Changes

- Fixed "thousands separator" Exception for foreign languages
- Added shortcuts to play (p), stop (s), export (e), import (i) and delete (d) files
- Delete sound files with DELETE key

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

I just replaced a menu song I'm gonna see if there's any issues there like the other user was having. Also taking notes on things to explain for tut

Edit**

It crashed immediately after replacing a menu song. Gonna try to look further into it tonight

Edited by SixZz|RipZz

32 minutes ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

I just replaced a menu song I'm gonna see if there's any issues there like the other user was having. Also taking notes on things to explain for tut

Edit**

It crashed immediately after replacing a menu song. Gonna try to look further into it tonight

It's not the song or theme which has been replaced, it is the *.wem file used. Try it with a wem file converted by SE and it should work.

7 minutes ago, CesarAugustu said:

were is the sound editor link to download? thanks for this project, i'm a huge fan of your work.

Link will be updated in a few minutes.

• Like 1

It's not the song or theme which has been replaced, it is the *.wem file used. Try it with a wem file converted by SE and it should work.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to try re-converting the song with SE. The wrestler's themes seem to work perfectly with the old .wem files but menus seem a bit more touchy.