Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

9 minutes ago, dark knight said:

can we have voices with promos on universe aswell 

By logic that'd be too complicated. Way too long and they all say the same thing. I deem that impossible by default.

18 minutes ago, dark knight said:

oh ok 

Trust me, I wish we could. It'd be just too complicated to 'know' the tree of what's good and what's not, and if they were unique dialog, that would be...maybe different... What I think we CAN do however, is to edit them in the string file but it'll take forever... And is it that useful? I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, UTKR said:

@TheVisitorX Hey there! Is there any way we can use your tool to import announce name and commentary from wwe 2k16 and 2k15 (like of CM Punk or Ryback)? That would be cool.

Yes, it is possible... in theory. For example: All ring announcements are in the ra_m.pck file.  But you have to find all the sounds by yourself! And that is not so easy because there are a lot of files in the archive! Thousands of files! And it is still only possible to replace other sounds. You can't add new ones! So the only way would be to replace existing audio with files from 2K15/16.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, it is possible... in theory. For example: All ring announcements are in the ra_m.pck file.  But you have to find all the sounds by yourself! And that is not so easy because there are a lot of files in the archive! Thousands of files! And it is still only possible to replace other sounds. You can't add new ones! So the only way would be to replace existing audio with files from 2K15/16.

Thanks mate 

• Like 1

Sure, I'll send you a link later. I have added another little new feature. Sound Editor is now able to download and install Wwise automatically, so you don't have to do it manually. There is a little start dialog telling you that you will have to download Wwise. It makes it a bit more user friendly...

wwise_downloader_2.png

wwise_downloader_1.png

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sure, I'll send you a link later. I have added another little new feature. Sound Editor is now able to download and install Wwise automatically, so you don't have to do it manually. There is a little start dialog telling you that you will have to download Wwise. It makes it a bit more user friendly...

wwise_downloader_2.png

wwise_downloader_1.png

That'll be really helpful for many people. I'm looking forward to test it. :)

Be patient guys, the game has been out for two days and @TheVisitorXhas been putting in a lot of work.

I've been messing around with the sound files and, as it turns out, the volumes are exactly the same as 2K16. Extracted a few bits including themes and call names that were used in both games and did some analysis on them and they're the same. Looks like we have more distorted themes and call names to look forward to this year then :D but the good news is that call names and themes can be ripped from 2K16 as WEM and then injected straight in, no editing required. Wolfpac theme was just a little quiet for some reason. Oh and @esbatmusic, you can use Sound Editor to extract the files in WEM format directly - just open the sound file in Sound Editor, find the ID, right click, click extract, then you can save it as a WEM and that'll be ready to inject into 2K17 :)

17 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, but maybe delayed by one or two more days. I'm still testing and implementing new things. No worries ;).

@Cave Waverider I would like to add you to my list of testers but I can't write you a PM. :/

Sorry, it looks like my inbox was full. I've cleaned it out a bit. Feel free to try again.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Be patient guys, the game has been out for two days and @TheVisitorXhas been putting in a lot of work.

I've been messing around with the sound files and, as it turns out, the volumes are exactly the same as 2K16. Extracted a few bits including themes and call names that were used in both games and did some analysis on them and they're the same. Looks like we have more distorted themes and call names to look forward to this year then :D but the good news is that call names and themes can be ripped from 2K16 as WEM and then injected straight in, no editing required. Wolfpac theme was just a little quiet for some reason. Oh and @esbatmusic, you can use Sound Editor to extract the files in WEM format directly - just open the sound file in Sound Editor, find the ID, right click, click extract, then you can save it as a WEM and that'll be ready to inject into 2K17 :)

Oh that IS a damn good news, about the call names. I guess I'll try to get them all out for the .rar file  Seriously, that will be so useful.

25 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, but maybe delayed by one or two more days. I'm still testing and implementing new things. No worries ;).

@Cave Waverider I would like to add you to my list of testers but I can't write you a PM. :/

If I can help, let me know. (and for that xml file, does it edit like text then I just send you the file ?)

21 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

If I can help, let me know. (and for that xml file, does it edit like text then I just send you the file ?)

See this short little clip:

source.gif

That's how you insert the text. Then you only have to send me the data.xml file, no other changes in that file needed!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but there is this program called MP3Gain which I if I recall allowed you to make both audio files have the same volume level. I think you could also batch convert to increase audio, if that helps any.

2 minutes ago, vcgames said:

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but there is this program called MP3Gain which I if I recall allowed you to make both audio files have the same volume level. I think you could also batch convert to increase audio, if that helps any.

Yep, that's what I use :D or WAVGain if I'm working with WAVs but I normally just work with mp3s.

I wrote a tutorial last year on all this stuff btw, if anyone wants to know how to prepare their own sounds correctly http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/63421-dummies-guide-to-downloading-and-preparing-themes-for-sound-injector/

• Like 1

I've considered to add such a tool in my Sound Converter but I'm not sure if that makes any sense and I couldn't find a good command line interface tool :/. SOX, the audio converter that I use for conversion to wav also has some settings but it's another technique and the results weren't convincingly. Maybe we can find better default settings.

Edit: Whoops - didn't realized that mp3gain.exe IS a cli  tool ^^. Will check if I can ship that with SE...

Edited by TheVisitorX