Play as non-unlockables

tokidoim

I'm surprised nobody's tried this yet.

Identity mod + Name mods

I made Iron Sheik's Identity mod equal to Tazz's value and changed his name. Season mode DOES NOT LOCK UP. Select Tazz in season mode ( You DO NOT need the Tazz in season mode code to do this ). This also makes Tazz playable in exhibition. The only thing is you still have Sheik's icon ( not like we had a Tazz icon anyway...)

Iron Sheik becomes Tazz ( HEX NTSC w/ line breakdown )

004C81F8 00000041 : Iron Sheik's Identity is Tazz

104C81FA 00006154 : Iron Sheik's Name begins "Ta"

204C81FC 00007A7A : Iron Sheik's Name continues ( and ends ) "zz( 00 00 )"

004C8210 00000000 : Iron Sheik has no Ring Name ( Just in case )

204C8228 7A7A6154 : Iron Sheik's Nickname begins "Tazz"

004C822C 00000000 : Iron Sheik's Nickname ends

Iron Sheik Becomes Tazz ( AR2/GS2V2 or below NTSC )

FEB27DF6 BCA99BC4

CEB27DF0 BCA9FCD7

DEB27DF2 BCA915FD

FEB27C8E BCA99B83

DEB27CA6 3623FCD7

FEB27CA2 BCA99B83

You'll probably want to add attribute points in Tazz's mods. When the match starts, the game reads in all of Tazz's data, but during the New Season menus it's reading in Iron Sheik's data. I didn't check, but after the match, it's probably going to change Iron Sheik's data and not Tazz's.

Basically, you could overwrite the identity and name of any superstar you don't want with any of the non-unlockables with skins ( NO HOGAN OR WARRIOR, DAMMIT! ).

FYI - I did try to overwrite Warrior's Identity mod with Linda McMahon, and it DID lock up after the match, so I still don't know if there's something in the Wrestler Mods that's causing the lockup or not.

nosig

Edited by tokidoim

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tokidoim

• MikeyKane03

• Maximicus

• WordLifeCj

Yeah, good thinking. I never really thought of that myself. Oh, and he's a little something I put together a little while back using your mods.

Tazz - (Codebreaker)

Strength - 0AE75F99 0000000F (7.5)

Submission - 0AE65F99 00000014 (10)

Speed - 0AE55F99 0000000D (6.5)

Technique - 0AE45F99 00000011 (8.5)

Endurance - 0AFB5F99 0000000F (7.5)

I gave Tazz what I thought accurately represented him. It's for CodeBreaker, but I'm sure someone can convert it to whatever they'd like. I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I'd probably just mess it up by forgetting to do something.

Hey, have you tried overwriting Warrior's identity to a default playabale character? (You used Linda and she isnt a default playable)

[EDIT]

Ill take a shot at this

Iron Shiek is Ultimate Warrior

HEX: 004C81F8 0000004D

GS2: FEB27DF6 BCA99BD0

Ill be damned if this works. Can someone test this?

Edited by PyroHazard

IT WON'T WORK, DAMMIT!

There's no way in HELL it would work until different codes are found to force Warrior and Hogan to actually have bodies and skins. THEY DON'T HAVE MODELS!

Don't give people false hope.

And the fact that I got Tazz's appearance to work indicates that it's nothing involving the game models themselves that causes the lockup, so givin anyone's identity to Warrior would still cause a lockup.

nosig

Well what I actually wanted was just the face shot (the player select face) on a CAW. Or atleast give a CAW any face shot, like give your CAW Goldberg's face shot or Undertakers Face shot. I don't really like seeing a blue person on the player select screen. Fuck the models them self. I don't care about the models. I don't think they will be found without the proper tools.

Edited by SeniorGannosuke

Sorry, dude. I wasn't ranting at you. That was directed at PyroHazard...giving out untested codes that will lock up the game if they do what they're supposed to...

I don't think that there's currently a code to do what you want. It's definitely something that could be done, but hasn't been hacked. There's a slight possibility that there's a Superstar mod that will do that, but it's very slight.

nosig

IT WON'T WORK, DAMMIT!

There's no way in HELL it would work until different codes are found to force Warrior and Hogan to actually have bodies and skins. THEY DON'T HAVE MODELS!

Don't give people false hope.

And the fact that I got Tazz's appearance to work indicates that it's nothing involving the game models themselves that causes the lockup, so givin anyone's identity to Warrior would still cause a lockup.

nosig

Hey, dont be an asshole to me. I was just trying to help. :>

Great job, tokidoim. Iv'e been using your identity mod and season mod to play as the unselectables without the name change for a month, but I thought people were already changing the wreslers themselves.I got the idea from smacktalks(mots) awhile back. I had to give the unselectables entrance moves and the refs I gave generic moves. I spent so much time replacing A-train with Michael cole and other loser wrestlers.The game did not freeze. Your code is a hell of a lot easier than using the season mod and changing entrance moves. One question, Do I still have to use the gender mod on Linda McMahon. I tried this before because I had to switch Linda with a male wrestler just to play with her in season mode. I'd like to tell other hackers that after a month of using the Identity mod and season mod,the ONLY unselectables are Mike Chioda, Michael Cole, Earl Hebner, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Jonathan Coachman and Linda McMahon. Anything else will freeze the game. If you want the Ultimate Warrior, buy Legends of Wrestling 3. Happy Holidays

i just have one question. it doesnt really regard the topic but when people hack codes for gameshark, why do they only do version 2? i have v3 and it is very difficult to find codes here. and when i do find them for v3, 7 out of 10 times they are really for version 2. can someone tell me why this happens

stevevanslam - if you replace a male wrestler with Linda, the game will think Linda's the male wrestler until a match starts. So if you wanted Linda just to be in the Women's division and you replaced a male wrestler, you'd need to change the gender of the male wrestler. Same thing with weight classes ( if you want to be able or unable to challenge for cruiserweight titles ).

gambit - I usually post codes in HEX. That way you can add or subtract offsets properly because HEX is the unencrypted language the console uses. When people convert codes with a lot of possible values, they'll only post AR2/GS2V2/CB2 because the encryption used is fairly simple. For GS3, you can't do that because if you convert a HEX code to GS2V3, you'll get the code, but if you convert back to HEX and change the code by just 00000001, when you convert back to GS2V3, you could change up to 6 digits of the 16. Here's a quick example

Code 1 HEX - 00000000 00000007

Code 2 HEX - 00000000 00000008

Code 1 AR2 - FEFEFEFE BCA99B8A

Code 2 AR2 - FEFEFEFE BCA99B8B

Code 1 GS2V3 - 0450B628 B674C50E

Code 2 GS2V3 - 04D0B62A 3674C50C

See, you change the hex code by 00000000 00000001

The AR2 code is changed by 00000000 00000001

The GS2V3 code changes a lot. They're not even close. That's just because the encryption is more complicated.

nosig

Edited by tokidoim

Hey guys, I'll be the first one to admit I don't understand all of this stuff. I'm slowly learning it though as I can convert the posted codes to the device of my choice. I'm trying to work myself through (and teach myself) how the Iron Sheik was replaced by Tazz, but I can't seem to find the value for Tazz anywhere. I've looked and looked, I'm not being lazy. Can someone tell me his value? I'm ultimately going to try to replace Hillbilly Jim with Tazz, if I figure out how to correctly do the Iron Sheik. Thanks for your help.

Iron Sheik becomes Tazz ( HEX NTSC w/ line breakdown )

004C81F8 00000041 : Iron Sheik's Identity is Tazz

104C81FA 00006154 : Iron Sheik's Name begins "Ta"

204C81FC 00007A7A : Iron Sheik's Name continues ( and ends ) "zz( 00 00 )"

004C8210 00000000 : Iron Sheik has no Ring Name ( Just in case )

204C8228 7A7A6154 : Iron Sheik's Nickname begins "Tazz"

004C822C 00000000 : Iron Sheik's Nickname ends

Further Breakdown

Line 1

004C81F8 : Iron Sheik's Identity Mod ( 8-bit, affects a single address )

00000041 : Identity Value ( 8-bit codes use only the last 2 digits of the value )

000000 ( not used ) 41 ( Tazz's Value )

Line 2

104C81FA : Iron Sheik's Name Mod, letters 1-2 ( 16-bit, affects 2 letters, 16-bit codes must start on an even address to work properly, 16-bit codes start with 1 )

00006154 : Letter Values ( Each letter is an 8-bit value { 2 digits } and the letters have to be in reverse order for 16-bit and 32-bit text codes )

0000 ( not used ) 61 ( a ) 54 ( T )

Line 3

204C81FC : Iron Sheik's name mod, letters 3-6 (32-bit, affects 4 letters, 32-bit codes must start on an address ending in 0, 4, 8, or C to work properly, 32-bit codes start with 2 )

00007A7A : Letter Values ( Values are in reverse order again, Text codes usually should end in 00 to tell the game that there are no more letters )

00 ( no letter ) 00 ( no letter ) 7A ( z ) 7a ( z )

Line 4

004C8210 : Iron Sheik's Ring Name Mod, first letter ( 8-bit code see above note, I don't know if Sheik actually has a ring name, but some wrestlers do, so I added this in )

00000000 : Letter Values

000000 ( not used ) 00 ( no letter ) ( When you set the first letter of a text code to a 00 value, that removes ALL the text. The 00 tells the game there is no more text )

Line 5

204C8228 : Iron Sheik's Nickname Mod, letters 1-4 ( 32-bit code see above note )

7A7A6154 : Letter Values

7A ( z ) 7A ( z ) 61 ( a ) 54 ( T )

Line 6

004C822C : Iron Sheik's Nickname Mod, letter 5 ( 8-bit code see above note )

00000000 : Letter Values ( Remember to end the name with a 00 value )

000000 ( not used ) 00 ( no letter )

Any questions?

nosig

Edited by tokidoim

Thanks toki, that's exactly what I needed. There were still parts that were fuzzy, but after I worked my way through it it wasn't that bad. I made the new codes to replace Hillbilly Jim with Tazz in probably 30 seconds. Thanks again for your help.

Could someone please post these codes for CB2? I'm anxious to try those codes for Linda Mc Mahon, Stephanie Mc Mahon & Vince Mc Mahon...Just curiuous I heard that Shane Mc Mahon might be one of those unlockables...Is this true?