Hello. Still running to an issue with Sound Editor not working. I'm doing all the steps previously stated by denbigh but I can't seem to find the folder. Love to share the word on the fix if this works.

Also I literally reset my whole computer and it worked for two days before doing the same thing where it doesn't open up.

Edited by powermaxx1256

So I think there's an actual issue with the conversion tool? Running Windows 10, I installed the 2013 dependency, 2015's version literally won't install because there's a newer version already installed. I drag in a WAV file, and it says "converting to WAV" and then it fails. I just dragged in a text file with the YouTube link - as well as a couple MP3 files as a test - both have converted to WAV, then to WEM, no issues.

Are we not supposed to drag in a WAV file? Are we supposed to be using other software for WAV to WEM? I can compromise with using YouTube links in a text file, that's not an issue for me at all, but I'm not sure how the tool says to "drag in a WAV file" only for it to not convert.

Edited by ShadowWolfe__
Wording clarity

Which issue specifically? I'm using SE every other day to edit commentary in WWE2K14 for Xbox 360 and it's working like a charm. However, if you're speaking about the Sound Convertor tool on the Legacy WWE2K14/360 dropdown, then yes, that doesn't work. Fails for me every time. I'm using an older version of WWise to create my WEMS for 2K14. A longer step and kind of a pain, but after you get the WEM created, it inserts perfectly into the game. 

So for some reason it'll work sometimes then sometimes it won't like it'll show it's open but then its not there

When that happened to me it was because the WEM I had created and imported was not done correctly. I don't know if you made a backup save of your sound file (I'm hoping you did), but I just reinserted my last working sound file and it worked fine. 

i ended up not adding music to it.i more less needed it for 2K15 PS3/360 sound modding.

Edited by saveusjdg

Look up in some previous posts in this thread. If you're having the same problem that some of the rest of us had, we found a solution. 

Hi, every time I open the ra_1.pck file in sound editor the sounds won't play and the game crashes when I try to load a match, I think for some reason it's getting corrupted. Is this happening to anyone else or does anyone know a fix? It's perfectly fine vanilla but I want to change the call names for a few of my modded wrestlers and championships.

Anyone know how to fix sound tool not working? It's fine when i used before. After two week when i decide to change new music on the sound editor when i want to the sound editor it not functional when i click open. Its stay hidden on my dekstop.

dear smacktalk youre aswome but for some reason in install it  but it wont show up when it open

Anyone know how to fix sound tool not working? It's fine when i used before. After two week when i decide to change new music on the sound editor when i want to the sound editor it not functional when i click open. Its stay hidden on my dekstop.

TO EVERYONE EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE WHERE SOUND EDITOR DOESN'T OPEN AND ONLY STAYS IN TASKBAR: FIX

• Close Sound Editor
  • Open Windows Explorer
    • Click on View -> Show -> File name extensions
    • Click on View -> Show -> HIdden items
  • Go to C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Sound_Editor\Sound_Editor.exe_Url_RANDOMLETTERS\2.0.0.X
  • Delete user.config
  • Open Sound Editor
  • Redo your settings

please update or fix the app  it wont show up  or work again all it show the icon when i open it

please update or fix the app  it wont show up  or work again all it show the icon when i open it

I have 2k23 on steam and fully downloaded sound editor, I've tried the in program converter to convert both .mp3 and .wav to .wem files, and it keeps coming up with an error (no error code), saying failed to convert to .wem. I've tried to convert files myself, which did nothing, error still persists. I did all the steps according to the instructions, and even uninstalled and redownloaded just in case it was my fault somehow, but no luck. if there's something I'm missing, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

If I've already used the old Sound Editor from the 2K19 days, will this newer Sound Editor conflict with that?

I want to use it for 2K23 but hopefully not mess up anything I have going on with 2K19

• TheVisitorX changed the title to [Released] Sound Editor Version 2.0.0.4