Recommended Posts

NICK0204
On 2/12/2020 at 12:30 AM, Pepsiguy2 said:

I actually figured out how to do it the other day. I'm gonna experiment more with the women as I'm still not opening requests for them yet. Still figuring out the best way to go about them but it's getting better. 

 

My personal issue is just combing through all the hairs trying to figure out which one would be best. So if you guys have any suggestions for in gamer hairs to use on my mods please suggest! 

You can try to use Charlotte's or Billie's for your Torrie Wilson mod, it looks the closest (for me lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2

Hey guys. Sadly, due to money constraints I'll have to be opening a Patreon soon for support. There will be a few exclusive mods, like "the best of the best" ones on there. The type of mods like King, that take forever. The ones here will remain here, and I'll still post the simple stuff for free here like last gen ports, etc.

It won't be too expensive, but you guys need to realize this is hours-upon-hours of our work for...just a playable character. 

Anyway, I'm thinking this will be my first exclusive because it took roughly 6 hours.

2020-02-14-12-10.png
2020-02-14-12-12.png
2020-02-14-12-07.png

Patrons will also get commission discounts and I'll seriously take into account suggestions from them. 

 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2

BRUCE LEE RELEASED ON PATREON! 

Here is the format and tiers of my Patreon:

EQ6yTFfWoAEUBki?format=jpg&name=large

NEXT MOD: Kelly Kelly

I'm working on a past-divas pack for my Patreon, and I'll release one or two of them here for free. This is a preview of the first -- Kelly Kelly with animated hair.

2020-02-16-17-21-01.png
2020-02-16-17-21.png

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2

2020-02-17-00-08-01.png
2020-02-17-00-08.png
Sexy Devil alt.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2

So I announce a Patreon and nobody replies... 🤔

FEMALE COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN AGAIN.

Anyways, Kelly Kelly is added to first post for free. If you download, please leave a thanks. Sexy Devil alt is Patreon Exclusive.

PREVIEW:

Patrons get early access.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cdiebold1

Because outside of a specific commission, paying for access to your mods is stupid. It's the antithesis of "community" and I'm pretty sure that it's not even really legal. Now if people are paying you for your time for stuff they want to play with that you don't particularly want to, that's a different shade of gray (like if I asked Matt or JustNot to make someone current and they're Legends guys). On top of that, you're not doing animations, you've flip-flopped on whether you're doing women, and I don't see myself paying money for hair that doesn't move. That's just me. I can't speak for anyone else. Sorry that you're having money issues.

Edited by cdiebold1
  • Like 1
  • Yes! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
13 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Because outside of a specific commission, paying for access to your mods is stupid. It's the antithesis of "community" and I'm pretty sure that it's not even really legal. Now if people are paying you for your time for stuff they want to play with that you don't particularly want to, that's a different shade of gray (like if I asked Matt or JustNot to make someone current and they're Legends guys). On top of that, you're not doing animations, you've flip-flopped on whether you're doing women, and I don't see myself paying money for hair that doesn't move. That's just me. I can't speak for anyone else. Sorry that you're having money issues.

I'm not forcing anyone to pay for anything. It's a choice. 

You guys have no idea how fucking hard this work is. I honestly find it absolutely ridiculous that some of these people are doing some of the time consuming garbage it takes to import one character mesh, and not asking for anything in return. It's like we're working on the game and creating DLC characters from scratch. But the difference is, we have no SDK. No Documentation. It's all reverse-engineered hexadecimal coding, compressing archives in a certain file order, and programming shaders. Whereas 2K/Yukes have tools to automate all these processes.

I don't do animations BECAUSE I DON'T SHRINK WRAP.  These other modders take a 2K head and basically wrap it around a different shape. I port the original, source model from the game. Keeping it's vertexes, keeping it's faces, keeping it's detail. That is my philosophy of modding. My goal isn't to create "2K Wrestlers". My goal is to import from one game to another, and see how it fares in the render engine. That's what I've been doing in 3DS Max for years. I've been making renders in Scanline, Corona and making mods for SFM/L4D2 etc.  I make mods for me, I share them for people who want them. Back to anims, therefore, if I import the source model, I HAVE TO MAKE 120 DIFFERENT HEAD MESHES. This is over 40+ hours of work. I have added the mouth anim to all my mods since post-Harley. This is the fault of the way 2K is programmed. Not mine.

Flip flop on doing women? Please, I made two broken women and decided I wasn't doing it. But you know what? I got a lot of requests on Twitter and YouTube to do past-Divas (I received a double-digit donation from someone who doesnt even have the game, too.) and I actually took the time to research and figure out how to make a perfect female with a perfect female skeleton movement for the community, and KELLY AND MICHELLE BOTH HAVE 2K HAIRs. I don't know what you're talking about there, but I definitely talked to several people and asked how to get that working correctly -- for the community. I couldn't give two shits if my hair doesn't move or not. But tell me, who else is even doing past-Divas? I've had several "diva stans" tell me they request Divas and are flat-out ignored. So...that's really anti-community of me.

I'm not supposed to show you guys this video because it's a private commission but it's the only video I have showing the Anim_45 in action.

So I think asking for 5$ for one month to get access to a library of the "Best of the best" mods (note: you get access to everyone for that month, you can cancel the next month) that will be constantly updated, improved upon and requested from fans isn't much to ask at all, especially since it's at least 3-5 hours of work to make one person. I've told fellow modders to follow suit, and they're thinking about it. I mean, come on. McDonalds pays more than 5$ a month.

Also my complaint isn't the fact that people aren't downloading etc. Just because you aren't gonna pay doesn't mean you can't give feedback on the videos and pictures of the mod you see. I don't download any of the mods I give feedback on to my fellow modders on Discord, but I still give them a critique.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Like 6
  • Too Sweet 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cdiebold1

You're the one bitching about nobody commenting after you introduced your Patreon. I offered the possible reasoning behind it. Personally, I don't give a shit what you do. In the past week, I've doled out $27 to Tekken for his tools and I've paid $20 on a commission and another $30 when my second commission is finished. I get the aversion to "leeches" but at the same time, nobody should ever come into modding because they want to make money. Nobody's forcing you to make mods just like nobody's forcing anyone to pay for them - but judging by the novel above, I'm going to have to assume that nobody buying in is what's really getting you upset. Sorry you have a problem with my input and sorry that you believe this community is indebted to you for mods you make. Like I said, commissions are one thing ... paywalling mods (ones that people may not even be asking for and then only giving them mini discounts on commissions if they're patrons 2nd tier or above) is antithetical to what COMMUNITY is. People saw your posts about the Patreon and were likely turned off.  Probably a lot of people sucking their teeth as they exit your thread. As far as your McDonald's analogy goes, they get paid because that's an actual job. THIS is a hobby. I expect or demand nothing from you. I've made comments in this very thread about your work. Am I going to do it every time you release something new? Fuck no, not very likely. I noticed that @squaredcirclefan liked your post ... it should go on the record that I (and others) regularly offer to tip him for his help, advice, and mods and he's not charging anyone anything. People are happy to offer though because of the way that he goes about it. He doesn't expect it, doesn't demand it, doesn't get mad at people for not responding to his threads. 

Edited by cdiebold1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2

That's their problem then. If you can't afford the price of a cup of coffee as a "thank you" then maybe you don't deserve the mods? I was bitching about lack of feedback, not lack of money or anything else. The only way to improve is with feedback. I really don't give a shit if people support my Patreon or not, it's up to them. Like I've said, I always make mods for myself (aside from commissions).

It's the same for any other modding community. It's the same principles for tekken's tools. If you don't want to pony up, you aren't serious about modding

But anyway, I'm going to continue making mods, and continue sharing them both free and exclusive, and it's up to the people if they're serious about wanting said mod.

But i understand the little kiddies who play this game and can't afford to use their parents credit card on Patreon are upset.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cdiebold1

Oh, I can afford it - I simply choose to spend my money with other modders. I offered you a possible explanation for your lack of comments and feedback and I struck a nerve apparently. You'll get over it. I'm glad that you'll continue make your mods for yourself - that's what this is all about. Make what you like, share what you want, keep on trucking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
10 minutes ago, cdiebold1 said:

Oh, I can afford it - I simply choose to spend my money with other modders. I offered you a possible explanation for your lack of comments and feedback and I struck a nerve apparently. You'll get over it. I'm glad that you'll continue make your mods for yourself - that's what this is all about. Make what you like, share what you want, keep on trucking. 

That's fine if you want to choose someone else. A lot of people PM me asking for shit and I redirect them to other people who can do the job they want better such as Breeze, CaW Life or Joe. I came into this knowing that most people prefer "2K Wrestler" mods so I'm not expecting to blow up huge, but I'm trying to change the wheel, you know? I'm one of the few people actually doing full mesh imports instead of "Dolph Ziggler updated attire"; no offense to those people. I just think this game needs a breath of new life.

I'm just fed up because sometimes it feels like people don't know the work it takes to do this kind of stuff.

Look at Super Smash. They make mods of every known character in fictional existence. Why can't we have that? It's taken 10+ years of Tekken researching and programming to get to the point we are at of custom meshes. And that's fine, i've paid him for his softwares because this had been my dream for years.

Importing those custom meshes is way harder than shrink wrapping a 2K Head to CM Punk UFC head for example, and then texturing the rest of a 2K body to match. There's rigging, UV Mapping, so much more. 

I want us to have mods that make people take this game to a whole new height of fun again, and not just a simple old boring wrestling game. I know there's more potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Titavius

How about.. this is a hobby. Yall want money, go get a job 😂

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
9 minutes ago, Titavius said:

How about.. this is a hobby. Yall want money, go get a job 😂

Pro wrestling is a hobby for most indie wrestlers too. Guess what? They want paid. No different.

Photography is a hobby for most photographers. Guess what? They want paid. No different.

 

If someone puts in hard work, they want something in return. Whether it's a pat on the back or a thank you

 

That's all I want. Gratitude. "Nice Work!" "Good job!"....not silence.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaW Life
1 hour ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Importing those custom meshes is way harder than shrink wrapping a 2K Head to CM Punk UFC head for example, and then texturing the rest of a 2K body to match. There's rigging, UV Mapping, so much more. 

as someone who ports and shrink wraps, shrink wrapping is definitely the harder of the 2. especially making it look decent with shrink wraps. Id prefer to simply port heads but those dam animations lol either way whatever happens here hope to see more mods :)

 

also find it legit strange that people prefer alt attires over what we do lol but then again its been like that for mine from the jump

Edited by CaW Life
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
40 minutes ago, CaW Life said:

as someone who ports and shrink wraps, shrink wrapping is definitely the harder of the 2. especially making it look decent with shrink wraps. Id prefer to simply port heads but those dam animations lol either way whatever happens here hope to see more mods :)

 

also find it legit strange that people prefer alt attires over what we do lol but then again its been like that for mine from the jump

Both are hard work and both should be greeted with gratitude either way

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FKR
4 hours ago, CaW Life said:

as someone who ports and shrink wraps, shrink wrapping is definitely the harder of the 2. especially making it look decent with shrink wraps. Id prefer to simply port heads but those dam animations lol either way whatever happens here hope to see more mods :)

 

also find it legit strange that people prefer alt attires over what we do lol but then again its been like that for mine from the jump

Yes we would always ask alt attires with better faces . So many people loved the cm punk face of @BRONXBX . He nailed it wanna see that with hair 

 Also wpuld love to see better rvd , ryback and other wrestlers or aew or nxt wrestlers .  No denying that your mods are great . But still i haven't got any of them except MVP . 

Edited by straight edge subhasis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
13 minutes ago, straight edge subhasis said:

Yes we would always ask alt attires with better faces . So many people loved the cm punk face of @BRONXBX . He nailed it wanna see that with hair 

 

Different heads is another story. We were referring to just attire swaps/retextures when this game is capable of so much more. and Thanks for downloading MVP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FKR
23 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

Different heads is another story. We were referring to just attire swaps/retextures when this game is capable of so much more. and Thanks for downloading MVP

I am really amazed by the work you did . Also bruce lee looks great . But also I specifically would love to see some rvd attires that never made before . With great textures . My opinion . So does for other wrestlers . Your mvp looks great i also use that as alt attire . Still you did a great job . ❤❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
24 minutes ago, straight edge subhasis said:

I am really amazed by the work you did . Also bruce lee looks great . But also I specifically would love to see some rvd attires that never made before . With great textures . My opinion . So does for other wrestlers . Your mvp looks great i also use that as alt attire . Still you did a great job . ❤❤

Thank you, i very much appreciate that. I hope I make more people that interest you. If you want SvR RVD, you can always send me an order request ;)

 

Anyways, I was doing some thinking and I created a few scripts and tools to speed up the last-gen porting workflow for myself, so I've decided to make the Divas free since they'll be easy to make. And probably all last-gen ports I do. Therefore, MICHELLE MCCOOL ADDED TO FIRST POST!

However... this next preview is PATREON EXCLUSIVE. It ate up practically my whole day to make! Animated eyes and mouth, beautiful MR work (IMO) and plays nearly perfectly. Two wrestler yobjs, one 2K hair yobj and a 40mb texture archive. Whew.

TEKKEN 7 - NEGAN PREVIEW

2020-02-18-23-19.png
2020-02-18-23-05.png
2020-02-18-23-06.png
2020-02-18-23-07.png
2020-02-18-23-07-01.png

  • Like 3
  • Woo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cdiebold1

Negan looks cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DFM85

So we had already this problem months ago. I'm not sure but It's not permitted to sell the creation but you can Ask a commission under payment. But I'm not sure about this. Anyway you are free to do what you want, that's true but doesn't Mean that the community agree with that. 

  • Like 3
  • Yes! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
5 hours ago, DFM85 said:

So we had already this problem months ago. I'm not sure but It's not permitted to sell the creation but you can Ask a commission under payment. But I'm not sure about this. Anyway you are free to do what you want, that's true but doesn't Mean that the community agree with that. 

That's how Patreon gets around it. I'm not selling any products, I am asking for donations and in-return you get access to my Patreon page. Nothing there is actually being "sold". The payment unlocks the page content. That's it. Same with commissions. You aren't buying the model from me, you are buying the service of creating it.

There's nothing illegal about it, there's tons of modding pages on Patreon for Farming Simulation, Sims, Skyrim, etc. If the community doesn't wanna pay for a said mod, they don't have to. It's up to them if they really want it or not. But the hard work that goes into these requires something in return, even if it's just a pat on the back.

Edited by Pepsiguy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emperor Doom
6 minutes ago, Pepsiguy2 said:

That's how Patreon gets around it. I'm not selling any products, I am asking for donations and in-return you get access to my Patreon page. Nothing there is actually being "sold". The payment unlocks the page content. That's it. Same with commissions. You aren't buying the model from me, you are buying the service of creating it.

There's nothing illegal about it, there's tons of modding pages on Patreon for Farming Simulation, Sims, Skyrim, etc. If the community doesn't wanna pay for a said mod, they don't have to. It's up to them if they really want it or not. But the hard work that goes into these requires something in return, even if it's just a pat on the back.

Hi. I've been modding games, including porting models, for over 20 years.

Just for the record, you're not creating  anything original; You're porting existing models. This, in and of itself, is illegal. It's rarely worth the owners' legal attention, but we all blatantly ignore EULAs with ports. Real people made the Negan model, a real company owns it, and you're not allowed to use it to make money. It's really exceedingly simple in the case of porting.
That said, Patreon has rules about this and yours will likely be shut down if reported.
Those others you've mentioned either use original assets, or are waiting to be flagged for removal.

Also, this idea of "Modding as a Service" is disgusting.
Has "...as a service" ever been used to justify anything that wasn't? You're taking models from other games and plopping in a skeleton from a different game; not trying to sneak Loot Boxes into the EU.

  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FKR
8 minutes ago, Emperor Doom said:

Hi. I've been modding games, including porting models, for over 20 years.

Just for the record, you're not creating  anything original; You're porting existing models. This, in and of itself, is illegal. It's rarely worth the owners' legal attention, but we all blatantly ignore EULAs with ports. Real people made the Negan model, a real company owns it, and you're not allowed to use it to make money. It's really exceedingly simple in the case of porting.
That said, Patreon has rules about this and yours will likely be shut down if reported.
Those others you've mentioned either use original assets, or are waiting to be flagged for removal.

Also, this idea of "Modding as a Service" is disgusting.
Has "...as a service" ever been used to justify anything that wasn't? You're taking models from other games and plopping in a skeleton from a different game; not trying to sneak Loot Boxes into the EU.

Well bro he is right actually.  You just can't use negan or bruce lee on patreon . As they are owned by ufc 3 and mk . U should make some of your own . We will definitely buy it if it was good . But in my opinion you should release bruce lee for free

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pepsiguy2
55 minutes ago, Emperor Doom said:

Hi. I've been modding games, including porting models, for over 20 years.

Just for the record, you're not creating  anything original; You're porting existing models. This, in and of itself, is illegal. It's rarely worth the owners' legal attention, but we all blatantly ignore EULAs with ports. Real people made the Negan model, a real company owns it, and you're not allowed to use it to make money. It's really exceedingly simple in the case of porting.
That said, Patreon has rules about this and yours will likely be shut down if reported.
Those others you've mentioned either use original assets, or are waiting to be flagged for removal.

Also, this idea of "Modding as a Service" is disgusting.
Has "...as a service" ever been used to justify anything that wasn't? You're taking models from other games and plopping in a skeleton from a different game; not trying to sneak Loot Boxes into the EU.

Buy or don't. I don't care.  It's no difference than selling a task on Fiverr...

I'm gonna keep making mods for me, and release the ones I feel are worth it.

All Patreon pages need to be manually approved by the admins before launch, and mine was so...clearly they have no issue. 👍

Man, times like this that Ignore button really comes in handy.

Edited by Pepsiguy2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.