Wow...

Supa #2

The CAW's here look amazing - just the graphics make everything look good. Some of them are pretty bad, but I'm sure they'll get better as more people work out how to create people properly.

I think a main problem is that the Gamecube CAW modes dont seem to have as many options and items as SD! games so your limited to what you can use. They should get better though.

i actually thought alot of the faces looked pretty bad...the bodys and stuff dont look so bad, but Im not keen on any of the faces Ive seen. And I dno mots, i heard the caw mode in this is pretty detailed...I cant say though because Ive yet to play it, but WMXIX's was pretty indepth too, but the one thing i didnt like about that was the fairly selective choice of patterns to use, and the fairly small collection of attire shapes.

Yeah there was a lot of options in WMXIX, just like you said I didnt think there was much choice in the different sections.

A lot of the faces are going to look hosed because of the amount of depth involved with the polygon editing. Previously, the making of faces was mostly intuitive and helped out by less crisp graphics. It's gotten so that you almost need to be a 3-D artist to get the faces to look like a particular person.

Ther's going to be better CAWs once people start getting the hang of using the additional textures you can add on.

nosig

• 2 weeks later...

It is true you need a bit of experience when making face models in the CAW mode in WMXIX or DoR. However, you don't need a Ph.D. in computer programming to pull off a "facial miracle". I only have a high school education, and I pulled off a nearly exact rendition of Mewtwo's face, based on his SSBM appearance (I'm a big Mewtwo freak, so sue me :lol). However, his body proportions are more geared toward his appearance in "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "Mewtwo Returns".

• 2 weeks later...