Move animations from older games - additional moves and Fixes -25th June - Hulk Hogan Comeback animation now added

BlindedByTheGrace

8 hours ago, thombli4 said:

it would be cool if it's possible to import hulk hogans comeback from wwe 2k15

Hi, 

I have tried that move but without success due to the complex position parameters and the length of the animation. Two files control the full comeback animation and I haven't been able to get the first file to call on the second so the animation freezes midway.

15 hours ago, Michael_kin7 said:

@squaredcirclefan  

I have some questions about some moves.

Is it possible to make where the corner down moves ex: Spear 7 a normal move that will work in another position? Anytime i move them to a new position the animations do not work correctly.

Have you found any values for reversal animations, the wrestling test of strength animations(the headlock exchange), or the special move animations like the triple powerbomb or roman dropkick?

Thanks

Hi,

I will look into the spear 7 animation you mentioned. 

the other animations you mentioned are in the game but reversal animations and headlock exchanges are not listed in the createmode.pac file and are not programmed to be previewed or selected. Which triple powerbomb are you referring to if I may ask ?

15 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, 

I have tried that move but without success due to the complex position parameters and the length of the animation. Two files control the full comeback animation and I haven't been able to get the first file to call on the second so the animation freezes midway.

Hi,

I will look into the spear 7 animation you mentioned. 

the other animations you mentioned are in the game but reversal animations and headlock exchanges are not listed in the createmode.pac file and are not programmed to be previewed or selected. Which triple powerbomb are you referring to if I may ask ?

I was referring to the shield triple powerbomb. Thanks for answering the other questions. 

Squaredcircle... any more luck on finding any moves and animations?

Quickie.. the move you found under strong strikes "Knee Strike 3" (Piper's) Is it acting all buggy for you? After the animation, both characters stand up with some awkward animation. I don't know if it's just my game or some thing else.

6 hours ago, XfallofparadiseX said:

Quickie.. the move you found under strong strikes "Knee Strike 3" (Piper's) Is it acting all buggy for you? After the animation, both characters stand up with some awkward animation. I don't know if it's just my game or some thing else.

Hi,

I've found a few , especially the Hell in a cell OMG moves removed from 2k18. It seems all the new ones were reanimated with new positioning data. there is a conflict between the moves. All the old ones don't work in 2k18. Most moves I release are ported over from 2k15,16 or 17 and are not in the game. I will be releasing another set of moves this month. I just need to test and see if they conflict with any other moves in the game.

I have had a look in my game and I am experiencing the same issue. There is a conflict somewhere. I will have to remove the moveset file from the mot_mpc_patch30 file and place it in the 50_mpc file. This will fix the issue. I will get round to fixing this tomorrow.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, XfallofparadiseX said:

Hi,

The Knee Strike glitch has been fixed. Please  re -download the updated link. You will just need to replace the mot_param_patch_p30.pac file. Place it in the pac/ingame folder.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, JonasSlasher said:

Hey man can you please revive the Fisherman Driver?

I believe both fisherman driver moves are in the game, unless you are referring to another move animation.

39 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

I believe both fisherman driver moves are in the game, unless you are referring to another move animation.

wow, i just checked 2k17 and it was removed. the last time it was in was in 2k16. i think it was fisherman driver in 2k16 here is a link of beth doing it at around 0:16.

47 minutes ago, JonasSlasher said:

wow, i just checked 2k17 and it was removed. the last time it was in was in 2k16. i think it was fisherman driver in 2k16 here is a link of beth doing it at around 0:16.

That move was removed by the  2k Dev's. It is in 2k16 as Fisherman Suplex 3.The current Fisherman Suplex 3 has a different animation. Luckily they left the file controlling the position and timing parameters for that move in the motion pacs, it will be easy porting that move over. All I need to do is extract the animation file from the 2k16 pac and inject into the 2k18 motion pac file slot for the move .

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

@squaredcirclefan wow that would be so cool, Im assuming injecting it will replace the fisherman suplex 3 right? ill check 2k18's fisherman suplex 3's popularity if its special.

i just checked, fisherman suplex 3 is similar to fisherman suplex 4 in 2k18. i hope we can put back the fisherman suplex 3 from 2k16 :) 

i am also very thankful to your efforts in putting back all these moves from the previous games, thank you so much

• Like 1

Hi,

Fisherman suplex 3 in 2k18 has a different move ID. I wouldn't be replacing any move. It will be listed as Fisherman Suplex 7 in the game.

• Like 4

Can i ask for the old move Uranage (from wwe2k17 or 16???)

Edited by JohnnyStone

1 hour ago, JohnnyStone said:

Can i ask for the old move Uranage (from wwe2k17 or 16???)

Hi, 

The uranage moves in 2k16 and 2k17 are the same. The move in the vid might have another name in the game, but I'm not sure what it is.

9 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, 

The uranage moves in 2k16 and 2k17 are the same. The move in the vid might have another name in the game, but I'm not sure what it is.

I found it call Sambo Suplex from wwe2k16:yes

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:80.625%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/46wjl/adeeze" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

4 hours ago, JohnnyStone said:

I found it call Sambo Suplex from wwe2k16:yes

Hi, I have checked. The Sambo Suplex in WWE 2K16 is a different animation. The animation is renamed as Back Drop Suplex 1 in 2k18. The Sambo Suplex in wwe 2k15 is different but much similar  without a pin combo.

https://streamable.com/46wjl

2K dev's have removed this animation from the game.

As I have always mentioned, porting over moves is trial and error. The easy part is extracting the animation from the previous game and injecting into the motion pacs in 2k18. By just injecting, the animation will freeze when executed.each move animation has data stored in the files with the _param suffix . this file controls the position of the opponent, the position of the attacker, the body part the move targets, the timing for the animation, the mat impact sound of the move and probably a few other bits.

In previous games, the structure of these files were different and these cannot be ported over to 2k18. What I am doing is looking through the moves for one with a similar attacker and opponent positioning with the animation time, changing the id  to the ID of the ported move and placing it in the param slot for the ported move which was previously empty.

Sometimes it works, some with glitches, some conflict with other moves and will make the other moves glitch. So even after porting I still need to test other similar moves to see they don't glitch. If they do, I have to forgo porting the move as I can't share a ported animation which conflicts with others on the forum.

As the ID of this move is already assigned to another animation, I will have to perform two tests. porting the move over the Back Drop Suplex 1,or porting it over to an unused slot. The disadvantage of the latter is the mat impact sound not enabled in that slot and the announcer not calling the name of the move ,for instance "Suplex" or "RKO" for example.

I will give it a try and let you know the results soonest.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, JonasSlasher said:

Thats even more perfect!

So I have ported the Fisherman Suplex animation and tested. It's working perfectly. I will release it with a few others soonest.,

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, XfallofparadiseX said:

Squaredcirclefan, I hope I'm not bothering you asking about old moves. I was wanting to see if you could find out if these could be imported. If possible to put these in, is there a way to add extra instead of replacing the newer 2k18 versions? It would be great to have both. Anyway, I have some awesome authentic movesets/pofo's that I'm uploading soon! I'm just trying to add some finishing touches to make them really pop! A big thank you to all of you guys here on the boards.

"Throat Thrust 1"- (weak strike attack) Is there a way to port the old animation from 2k17 over? The 2k18 version makes your opponent fall and the animation looks off.

"Kane Uppercut" (strong strike) It has a better connection animation in 2k17. Anyway to get these over into 2k18?

"French Kiss" (strong grapple 2k17) The move is in 2k18 but has been reanimated. Is the old one still available? 

"Chokeslam 7" (strong grapple 2k17)  I know this by name is in 2k18 but it's not the same.

I have had a look at these moves. The throat thrust 1 and Kane uppercut in 2k17 is the same animation. The animation of the opponent is a bug in 2k18 especially with strike animations.( A lot of the combo strike animations have this glitch)

I have ported over the French Kiss and Chokeslam 7, but still have a little glitch with the character freezing for a second after the animation is executed, so I am still looking into fixing this. 

The ID for French Kiss has been assigned to another move so the mat impact sounds are missing. They assigned it to DDT 1 which is a similar animation (Probably why 2K Dev's removed it)

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, LuchaSavior said:

(sorry. re-post)

Hello again, I remembered a couple more good ones. Back Superplex 2 (in my opinion the best) and one hand spinebuster, can you add it too ?

I have ported over the Back Superplex 2 and the One hand Spinebuster. I am still trying to fix a little glitch with the opponent freezing for an instant after the animation is executed.

Now the one hand spinebuster in 2k16 is a slightly different animation from the 2k17 version where the attacker bounces after the slam. I think the 2K16 version is Ezekiel Jackson's move. Which of the two do you want ported ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LuchaSavior said:

Sorry for waiting. I think without a post move animation (jumping after spinebuster)

Thanks. Hopefully I will have all the ported moves ready this week. The delay has been due to an issue with some sections of the move preview menu not displaying anything in the game when I add more moves to the createmode.pac listing (the strong strikes and ground strike sections). There is an animation I have ported which conflicts with some files in the game and i'm in the process of finding out the cause. My tests have shown that some ported moves are affecting others in the selection menu. (Probably why 2k removed the animations in the first place).

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Too Sweet 1

On 2/26/2018 at 2:36 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, 

The smacktalks "did you know?" series mentioned Ultimate warrior's comeback being different than the others being that it included both a signature and a finisher. Maybe hogans comeback works something like warrior's does

17 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

The smacktalks "did you know?" series mentioned Ultimate warrior's comeback being different than the others being that it included both a signature and a finisher. Maybe hogans comeback works something like warrior's does

Hogan's is similar but the second file contains  the slow motion leg drop and pin at the end . The second file for the Ultimate warriors comeback contains the Splash and pin animation.

This is a preview of the second file for Hogan's comeback

https://streamable.com/12fuo

10 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hogan's is similar but the second file contains  the slow motion leg drop and pin at the end . The second file for the Ultimate warriors comeback contains the Splash and pin animation.

This is a preview of the second file for Hogan's comeback

https://streamable.com/12fuo

damn. thought i mightve been onto something. lol

im assuming there isnt a way to individually inject hogans 1st and 2nd move files into warrior's without glitches. especially if the positioning is different

3 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

damn. thought i mightve been onto something. lol

im assuming there isnt a way to individually inject hogans 1st and 2nd move files into warrior's without glitches. especially if the positioning is different

Hmm. The only way I've gotten the first section of Hogan's comeback animation to work is when i injected it over the Party animation ( Adam Rose) comeback slot. I tried this in 2k15, 2k16 and 2k17. It seems some of the positioning parameters are similar in both animations.The second issue is Hogan's comeback is a lengthy animation with a longer animation time which had been programmed in the slot used in 2k15 (C58A and C58B). The Adam Rose comeback is a shorter sequence so the Hogan comeback sequence only executes to the time allocated for that slot and it loops. I will try injecting over both warrior files as you suggested.

I posted this sometime ago. 

https://streamable.com/tngyl

This is Hogan's comeback injected over Adam Rose's comeback slot. as I mentioned earlier, the comeback only executes at the timing for the slot. In 2k16 and 17 , the animation will loop at this point, in 2k18, it freezes. I have been looking into the 2k15 files to see if I can find where the animation time is for each move slot and hex edit it into the motion pac file in 2k18. Unfortunately 2K have removed all timing references for the C58A and C58B slots from 2k16 onwards.

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to Move animations from older games - Update 27th March