Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

Replacing menu sfx still needs a "special" fix. This fix was included in SE until the last version, but it was removed in the latest one. There will be another tool soon which applies that fix.

• Like 1

As promised, the MenuMusicPatcher tool has been released in the main post!

Simply select your game main directory (if not selected), press "Install" and replacing menu music should work.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

Hey! No matter how many times I try to convert Audio, it tells me that my Wwise is the incorect version, i tried to install the latest one, same thing, i tried the old version, same thing, what am i doing wrong here???

I've legit tried every version of Wwise thats available to download to get the sound converter to work and it keeps telling me i've "Chosen the wrong path or have the wrong version"
Can you help me get this thing to work??? I love your tools but for some reason, nothing i do can get this version to work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bowtie22 said:

Hey! No matter how many times I try to convert Audio, it tells me that my Wwise is the incorect version, i tried to install the latest one, same thing, i tried the old version, same thing, what am i doing wrong here???

I've legit tried every version of Wwise thats available to download to get the sound converter to work and it keeps telling me i've "Chosen the wrong path or have the wrong version"
Can you help me get this thing to work??? I love your tools but for some reason, nothing i do can get this version to work!

This message indicates that you either haven't installed a compatible WWise version or you haven't pointed Sound Editor 2018 to the correct directory.
You require at least Wwise 2017.1.2.6361 (and ideally that version). Use the WWise Launcher that comes with Sound Editor 2018 to install it (\TheVisitorX\Sound Editor 2018\dependencies\WwiseLauncher.msi).
Then open Sound Editor 2018, click on Settings and under WWise Main Directory you point it to the directory it's installed in (For example, if you install it in C:\Program Files\WWise\Wwise 2017.1.2.6361 that's what you select in Sound Editor Settings and not any of it's sub-directories unlike with earlier WWise versions and Sound Editor 2017 or earlier), then click Save.
If you've done so and it still isn't working, there might have gone something wrong with your installation or your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access the directory it's installed in. Try installing Sound Editor and WWise elsewhere where you know you have permissions in that case.

• Like 1

hi, need assistance here. i installed and successfully managed to change some of the entrance music. however, every entrance music that i changed was revert back to default after i installed wwe2k18+. i already uninstalled wwe2k18+ and reinstalled my game but still wasn't able to edit the music. may i know how to rectify this issue?

10 hours ago, belial said:

hi, need assistance here. i installed and successfully managed to change some of the entrance music. however, every entrance music that i changed was revert back to default after i installed wwe2k18+. i already uninstalled wwe2k18+ and reinstalled my game but still wasn't able to edit the music. may i know how to rectify this issue?

What do you mean with "revert back to default"? Has the music revert back to default or the id of the music you have assigned to a superstar? Did you open the game when you've tried to inject music? The game should be closed if you want to import new music! Other than that, I have no idea and unfortunately I can't give support for other tools like WWE 2k18+ because I don't use it!

Edited by TheVisitorX

i have replaced entrance song's for wwe superstars...but the tool can't seem to work when it comes to replacing callnames or entrance names...anyone knows why?
it appears to be changed when i look in Sound Editor...under replaced sound it say the name of the file i replace the original with...even when i "play" in Sound Editor the new imported.wem is playing the correct imported file...but as soon as i go ingame, everything is default/original names, even if i replaced them in sound editor

7 minutes ago, ThreeDeeGlasses said:

Wait, what does the main menu patcher do exactly?

I'm guessing it let's you replace the soundtrack songs in the main menu 

15 minutes ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

I'm guessing it let's you replace the soundtrack songs in the main menu 

Cool! It worked! It just needs more explanation on the first page for dumb people like me xD

On 12/31/2017 at 11:22 AM, TheVisitorX said:

As promised, the MenuMusicPatcher tool has been released in the main post!

Simply select your game main directory (if not selected), press "Install" and replacing menu music should work.

Thank you.

2 things.

1, I am being notified by Malware Bytes (I don`t even have it running)  it says this file contains a Trojan?

2. I have 2 files, one called "fixes" and one called "MenuMusicPatcher_01" which appears to be an exe. That gets deleted by Malware Bytes, should I allow the file in Malware Bytes? So it does not get deleted?

For number 2. Where do these files go? Do I install 1 or both to my main WWE game directory? Do I need to open sound editor 2018 to install these file(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by frankchris2969

@TheVisitorX I'm getting the same as the above poster it won't let me run the mainmenu patcher says it contains a crap load of trojans

14 minutes ago, ThreeDeeGlasses said:

Cool! It worked! It just needs more explanation on the first page for dumb people like me xD

what exactly did you do with the files, because when i run the mainmenupatcher.exe it says it contains trojans and removes itself from my computer

That is strange because all the patcher does is changing a file in the game directory. There is no Trojan at all. In all of my tools. I know that false positive alerts from CCT, because it writes something to and reads from memory, but that such a simple tool causes that is really weird... Maybe, because of the file encryption I use. There is a class called "FileCrypto" in my tool, maybe your Anti Malware tool thinks that this could damage your PC, which is not the case. All it does is that it decrypts a file inside the "fixes" directory. But you need to run the tool to patches the file. Maybe you could add my tool to your whitelist or temporary disable your security tool. As I have said, it is a false positive. All the tool does is decrypting some file and write some bytes. And read the path to WWE 2K18 like CCT does.

The patcher does patch a game file so that you can change menu music with SE. It does not let you change the songs, only fixes the sound loop issue.

7 hours ago, rhazzy said:

i have replaced entrance song's for wwe superstars...but the tool can't seem to work when it comes to replacing callnames or entrance names...anyone knows why?
it appears to be changed when i look in Sound Editor...under replaced sound it say the name of the file i replace the original with...even when i "play" in Sound Editor the new imported.wem is playing the correct imported file...but as soon as i go ingame, everything is default/original names, even if i replaced them in sound editor

Maybe you have changed the wrong file? There are often multiple files for call names, sometimes also located in different pck files.

Edited by TheVisitorX

On 1/4/2018 at 2:01 AM, TheVisitorX said:

That is strange because all the patcher does is changing a file in the game directory. There is no Trojan at all. In all of my tools. I know that false positive alerts from CCT, because it writes something to and reads from memory, but that such a simple tool causes that is really weird... Maybe, because of the file encryption I use. There is a class called "FileCrypto" in my tool, maybe your Anti Malware tool thinks that this could damage your PC, which is not the case. All it does is that it decrypts a file inside the "fixes" directory. But you need to run the tool to patches the file. Maybe you could add my tool to your whitelist or temporary disable your security tool. As I have said, it is a false positive. All the tool does is decrypting some file and write some bytes. And read the path to WWE 2K18 like CCT does.

The patcher does patch a game file so that you can change menu music with SE. It does not let you change the songs, only fixes the sound loop issue.

Maybe you have changed the wrong file? There are often multiple files for call names, sometimes also located in different pck files.

I got it to work :)
It seems that i need to change the callnames located in ra_m.pck
I have edited almost half of the ra_m.pck entries...so if someone wants the custom_data.xml here it is:
https://nofile.io/f/mTVOVdaPG1z/custom_data.rar

Edited by rhazzy
grammar :P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Kobo said:

How can i resolve this? HEEELP NIJTs6C.jpg

Install the vc2013/2015redist which is needed to use Wwise! Or install the Wwise 2017 version which is shipped with SE. It's in the "dependencies" directory. It contains all the prerequisites in bundle\prerequisites.

Edited by TheVisitorX

hey everone i hope you can help me....

i have a problem with the sound editor. one entrance theme that i put in 2k18 starts at a normal volume but than it´s going to become quieter and stays that way. it´s just that one. the other´s are working. has someone an idea what´s wrong?

thank you

1 hour ago, gretsch89 said:

hey everone i hope you can help me....

i have a problem with the sound editor. one entrance theme that i put in 2k18 starts at a normal volume but than it´s going to become quieter and stays that way. it´s just that one. the other´s are working. has someone an idea what´s wrong?

thank you

Before you encode the song into a WEM you need to balance the audio in a program like audacity or goldwave.

22 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Before you encode the song into a WEM you need to balance the audio in a program like audacity or goldwave.

tried it but does not work. done it with audacity

4 minutes ago, gretsch89 said:

tried it but does not work. done it with audacity

Try a different audio rip of the song. Make sure it’s in mp3 format at at least 128kbps quality 

30 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Try a different audio rip of the song. Make sure it’s in mp3 format at at least 128kbps quality 

new version of the song but the same outcome. maybe i´m to stupid or the game does not want the song :huh: