WWE Ruthless Aggresion / Charlie Haas

Auday

Just now, eri619 said:

You know @Auday Elyafe won't shrink wrap! Thats a very good practice, unlike some people who think shrink wrapping is a great skill and get too big for their own britches.

Why wouldn't Auday shrink-wrap, when all the models are there and he'd save himself a lot of time and work? This Benoit is shrink-wrapped I believe, nothing wrong with that. You'd be stupid not to. It'd take a hell of a lot longer to sculpt the model from scratch just so you can claim you sculpted it yourself, when really as long as the mod looks good in-game that's all that 99% of people are gonna give a shit about. We've seen that Auday can sculpt models from scratch that look insanely good and he's one of the best on that front, he has nothing to prove. So I'm sure he'll be doing a lot of shrink-wrapping with this project, as would pretty much anyone.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Why wouldn't Auday shrink-wrap, when all the models are there and he'd save himself a lot of time and work? This Benoit is shrink-wrapped I believe, nothing wrong with that. You'd be stupid not to. It'd take a hell of a lot longer to sculpt the model from scratch just so you can claim you sculpted it yourself, when really as long as the mod looks good in-game that's all that 99% of people are gonna give a shit about. We've seen that Auday can sculpt models from scratch that look insanely good and he's one of the best on that front, he has nothing to prove. So I'm sure he'll be doing a lot of shrink-wrapping with this project, as would pretty much anyone.

i'm sure he won't and that Benoit made by him is not wrapped.

18 minutes ago, eri619 said:

i'm sure he won't and that Benoit made by him is not wrapped.

Well, I'd bet you're wrong on both counts ;) For a start, he said "the body is made from scratch" - he said nothing about the head being made from scratch. Shrink-wrap confirmed :p

Again, nothing wrong with shrink-wrapping, makes no sense to go the longest route for no real reason. If you're doing an entire project of wrestlers then that's a lot of work, and with all the models there you'd be a fool to spend hours making them from scratch when you could get the base down within half an hour by shrink-wrapping it. Auday seems like an intelligent guy so I don't think he'd willingly choose to do them all from scratch just to impress a small handful of people that think shrink-wrapping is some kind of dirty trick, at the cost of countless hours of his time :p

Edited by 4 Life

While you are working on these I'll do some alternate attires for Albert (A-Train), X-Pac (X-Factor Shorts) possibly a younger Randy Orton, K-Kwik (Younger R-Truth) this would definitely be a pretty fun project.

1 hour ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

While you are working on these I'll do some alternate attires for Albert (A-Train), X-Pac (X-Factor Shorts) possibly a younger Randy Orton, K-Kwik (Younger R-Truth) this would definitely be a pretty fun project.

R-Truth under the K-Kwik name wasn't part of the Ruthless Aggression era

X-Pac too wasn't either

Edited by Guilt206

Just now, Guilt206 said:

He was in the very beginning if I remember right. It wasn't too far into it around 02

9 minutes ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

He was in the very beginning if I remember right. It wasn't too far into it around 02

Yeah, the RA era started when they started that whole "Get the F out" campaign. Whole those guys stayed a bit during those times, i just think it'd make more sense to add actual guys that had big roles during that era. When i think of the RA era i think of the SD! Six, HHH's Reign of terror, Orton & Cena's pushes, Eddie & Benoit getting their moment,etc. I don't know anybody that brings up X-Pac and R-truth's short Ruthless aggression era runs lol. 

Edit:Sorry for the rambling

Edited by Guilt206

why dont you guys just let the OP decide where the cutoff point is and simply leave out the mods that you dont want. everyone wins

13 hours ago, 4 Life said:

Just Bring it was a bit early really. The Ruthless Aggression era came about in mid-2002 when the first brand split happened and Vince literally announced a new era which he called the Ruthless Aggression era in June 2002. JBI came out late 2001, but SYM came out late 2002 so that's in there ;) Then WWE officially went PG in June 2008, ending the RA era.

So yeah, for roster ideas, pretty much refer to the rosters from Shut Your Mouth all the way up to SvR 2008 (which came out late 2007). This is a great choice of project actually cause most of the models are gonna be available for shrink-wrapping :)

imo it actually started the night after mania x-8 cause that raw they had the draft (i think) the following week flair had his intro promo where he talked about it being the ric flair raw era, vince was trying to sneak in the building to sign austin, Triple H got awarded the undisputed title (miss those days) and Undertaker interrupted him.

i used this as part of my ruthless aggression universe i started but i added in the whole flair promo thing at the beginning

i do have a full list of every year from 02 - 06 if anyone's interested. it wouldn't benefit me since i don't own the game on pc but more than happy to help.

3 hours ago, Guilt206 said:

X-Pac too wasn't either

actually x-pac was. he was in the nWo again the Ruthless aggression era started the night that Vince owned Smackdown and Flair owned Raw.

after getting austin to sign with Raw, the whole nWo angle was in full effect, HBK was on the verge of returning, the Undisputed title solidified it as i stated it it was added on the second raw of that month (april) which was the road to backlash.

14 hours ago, 4 Life said:

Well, I'd bet you're wrong on both counts ;) For a start, he said "the body is made from scratch" - he said nothing about the head being made from scratch. Shrink-wrap confirmed :p

Again, nothing wrong with shrink-wrapping, makes no sense to go the longest route for no real reason. If you're doing an entire project of wrestlers then that's a lot of work, and with all the models there you'd be a fool to spend hours making them from scratch when you could get the base down within half an hour by shrink-wrapping it. Auday seems like an intelligent guy so I don't think he'd willingly choose to do them all from scratch just to impress a small handful of people that think shrink-wrapping is some kind of dirty trick, at the cost of countless hours of his time :p

Either approach to sculpting is fine, however keep in mind that when games are made, the developers take scans of the actual person to create the model. They do not hand sculpt every single model as it would take forever to make a game. 

Seeing as though we can't actually scan the real person, a retopology of the a base model is the best we can do. 

I've sculpted models from scratch and also used retopology tools. Both take a lot work to get the mod looking good. 

Anyways, back on topic, great choice for a wrestling era. Look forward to what you come up with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Either approach to sculpting is fine, however keep in mind that when games are made, the developers take scans of the actual person to create the model. They do not hand sculpt every single model as it would take forever to make a game. 

Seeing as though we can't actually scan the real person, a retopology of the a base model is the best we can do. 

I've sculpted models from scratch and also used retopology tools. Both take a lot work to get the mod looking good. 

Anyways, back on topic, great choice for a wrestling era. Look forward to what you come up with.

Exactly what I was getting at mate, just seems silly to do them all by hand when there are actual scanned models that can be shrink-wrapped. I've seen eri's method as well and it looks a damn sight quicker than starting from scratch!

4 hours ago, Jai said:

imo it actually started the night after mania x-8 cause that raw they had the draft (i think) the following week flair had his intro promo where he talked about it being the ric flair raw era, vince was trying to sneak in the building to sign austin, Triple H got awarded the undisputed title (miss those days) and Undertaker interrupted him.

Either way mate, Just Bring It was too early whereas Shut Your Mouth was well within that era, as I originally said ;)

50 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Exactly what I was getting at mate, just seems silly to do them all by hand when there are actual scanned models that can be shrink-wrapped. I've seen eri's method as well and it looks a damn sight quicker than starting from scratch!

Either way mate, Just Bring It was too early whereas Shut Your Mouth was well within that era, as I originally said ;)

oh yeah no doubt. i didn't see that part lol but yeah Just bring it was definitely pre Ruthless. SYM definitely was the start of it. that was based on the 2002 season as it was with the whole draft thing, linda doing her office thing about the undisputed champion being ineligible for the draft, austin a free agent etc but yeah i just thought i'd post it out since i feel kind of an expert since i've done the ruthless aggression era in these games 4 times (WWE12 - 2k14 and again in 2k17 )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

why dont you guys just let the OP decide where the cutoff point is and simply leave out the mods that you dont want. everyone wins

That would be far too sensible and easy.

Edited by HiPcavallo

On 5/19/2017 at 3:04 AM, Auday Elyafe said:

(If you can help me out and throw some names it would be appreciated.)

If this wasn't said I wonder how long this thread would be XD

@Auday Elyafe I know you'll come up with a cool list of mods to make.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jai said:

i used this as part of my ruthless aggression universe i started but i added in the whole flair promo thing at the beginning

i do have a full list of every year from 02 - 06 if anyone's interested. it wouldn't benefit me since i don't own the game on pc but more than happy to help.

actually x-pac was. he was in the nWo again the Ruthless aggression era started the night that Vince owned Smackdown and Flair owned Raw.

after getting austin to sign with Raw, the whole nWo angle was in full effect, HBK was on the verge of returning, the Undisputed title solidified it as i stated it it was added on the second raw of that month (april) which was the road to backlash.

I think guys forget that era actually started around 02. Most remember when it was in full swing but there's a lot of people we could add from that 02-08 time frame

my time period for PAC was off though X-Factor broke up in 01 and he was in the nwo right after heading into the RA era

Edited by SixZz|RipZz

13 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

Well he did ask for suggestions...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

I think guys forget that era actually started around 02. Most remember when it was in full swing but there's a lot of people we could add from that 02-08 time frame

my time period for PAC was off though X-Factor broke up in 01 and he was in the nwo right after heading into the RA era

what i posted was '02. there was no Ruthless Aggression in 01 at all and Ruthless aggression ended in 06. atleast it did for me. I hardly watched wwe in 07 or 08 i think i started watching again around 09 around the time of mania 24? or was that 25? i can't remember. i know i saw the HBK/Flair feud and then the whole Taker/HBK I feud. but it's been so long i just can't remember.  I know i wasn't really watching when eddy or benoit died. at that point i felt that WWE had such a huge monopoly that there would never be any competition and it just wasn't worth it.  then next time i turn on cena is forced to join the nexus which absolutely went nowhere. lol

epic times.

#LongLiveJuanCena

6 hours ago, pozzum said:

If this wasn't said I wonder how long this thread would be XD

@Auday Elyafe I know you'll come up with a cool list of mods to make.

it would probably be lenghty. i'm surprise there isn't a tna list in here somewhere lol

The names you guys throw don't have to be strictly in 02-05. It's fine if it's around 01-08. No one has to bash someone else for their choices. At the end of the day, I probably won't get around to doing everything so who cares, looking at the names is always helpful.

Update

rj3yux.jpg

• Fixed the hair
  • Improved face normals
  • Fixed skin tone

Still need to fix the body and make the attire.

Old

293btvs.jpg

I was also working on Chris Masters but it didnt look so good in game so I scrapped it.

xla6pz.jpg

• Like 7

If you want a good idea of the roster at this time check cagematch :  https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=1&page=16&year=2004  All the guys who wrestled in 2004 (for example) are listed by number of apparences, Chris Benoit is first with 161 matches.

Unfortunately for copyright issues they had to delete all the pics of their site, so it's less clear than before.

Edited by COWF