X-Packer 2017 / X-Rey 2.7 released

tekken57

Users please note:

This is the final update to X-Rey and X-Packer. I will not be doing further development for X-Packer and X-Rey for 2k18. I will be ending user support for both these applications on 11 October 2017. If you have any issues with either application, you are still welcome to email me.

I would like to take the time to thank each and everyone of you for your support over the years. I have really enjoyed seeing and using the mods which were created with my tools. Coding X-Packer has been a really fulfilling and joyful experience for me over the past 9 years.

Take care and best wishes to all of you.

bg_xpacker_trans.png

What is X-Packer?

X-PacKer is an application which allows you to extract and inject files and textures from wrestler pac files and textures archives from the WWE series of games. It also allow for editing the save files for the xbox 360,ps3 and pc . This allows for modding of the game.

Platforms supported: Ps3, xbox 360, ps2, wii, PC.

Feature list:

Spoiler

X-Packer 2017:

- Support for the new 2k17 pac formats i.e injection extraction, etc

- Support for editing the wrestler info and movesets of the PS3 and Xbox 360 2k17 save files.

- Support for the new 2k17 pac formats i.e injection extraction, etc

- Support for editing the wrestler info and movesets of the PC save files.

- Update support for editing the wrestler info and movesets of the lastest PC patch save file.
- Fixed the reading of filenames in SHDC archives

- Update support for editing the wrestler info and movesets of the latest PC patch save file released on 29/03/2017.
- Changed the way in which the string files are read to accommodate longer filenames
- Added support for the 2k17 Misc.pac file
- Added support for texture archives containing more than 255 files

- Coded functionality to create new SHDC archives
- Coded functionality to create new PACH archives which are compatible with WWE 2k17
- Added a decimal filename on the datagrid when reading PACH and SHDC archives

- Added support for injection into large 2k17 archives

- Recoded the zlib extraction code to name the extracted files correctly

- Zlib files are cleaned up when decompressed / compressed

- Added the functionality to created compressed PACH and SHDC archives i.e all the files are compressed to the zlib when creating the archive. Please note that only decompressed files should be selected when created a compressed archive. You should NOT select any zlib files when creating a compressed archive as this will break the archive.

This functionality takes a bit longer to run because each file needs to be compressed before injecting, please be patient while the function is running. I enabled maximum compression on the zlib files due to the 80mb limit in 2k18, this is the reason why it takes more time to create the archive.

- Minor bug fixes on some labels and file extensions

- Recoded the zlib extraction code to support 2k18 pac files

- Recoded the directory browsing functions to the newer Vista / Windows 7 style

Please note that there is no arc update functionality for 2k17 on the xbox 360 and ps3 due to the new arc format. This means that for the time being, new wrestlers and attires cannot be added to the game on the xbox 360 and ps3.

bg_trans.png

Version 2.0. has been released. I haven't requested another donation for any updates in the four years that I have released X-Rey, however this version has taken a significant amount of work to complete coding. To be fair those who have donated after the release date of 11 October 2016 will receive the update at no extra cost.

To be clear, all previous versions of X-Rey work with 2k17 models. You will only need X-Rey v2.0 if you plan on creating facial animations as described in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMym6NUiBqA

What does the program do?:

Spoiler

- Opens yobj model files (New format for now. Older format opens but is buggy)

- Previews sub objects of the yobj file

- Applies textures to preview (png, jpg and bmp format only)

- Import edited wavefront object files from 3dsmax (allowing you to change the shape of yobj files)

- Import texture coordinates from wavefront files

- Export to wavefront object format

v.1.1

- Full model preview

- Bug fixes top correct vertices from being displayed incorrectly in certain models

At present most I am still coding some of the above functionality and will still need to test everything. I have tested imports on my Benoit mod and Goldberg mods already.

v.1.2

- Support for Rumble Roses models

- Support for WWE arena models

- Minor bug fixes and enhancements to the program

v 1.3

- fix params in wwe 12 models

- fix params in superstar heads

- extract and inject entire skeletons from one model to another

- extract and inject individual bones from one model to another

v 1.4

- Injecting of objects from one model to another using the inject smaller function (version 1.3 did not import the weights correctly).

- Converting older 2010 and 2011 models to the new 2k14 format. The models will not work in game but this will allow you to extract objects from older models into the newer models.

v 1.5

- Reading and injection into the pc version models

- Reading and injection into the ps2 version models (no model preview)

v 1.6

You will need the scripts I have posted here for some of the new functionality: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/57378-tekken57s-maxscripts/

- The import function now supports the collada model format. Export your object using the collada option in 3dsmax and import into the yobj model.

- Vertex normals can now be imported with the import function. Import your model into 3dsmax using either brienj's or my import scripts. Select the object in 3dsmax and export using the tekken_export_wavefront script. This will create a wavefront object with normals included. Import this object as you normally do into X-Rey. Note that X-Rey will only import normals if they exist in the wavefront object. This means that if you import any objects after importing the normals and your new object doesn't contain normals, the normals will not be changed again.

- Bones can be positioned and imported. Import your model in 3dsmax  using the import_wwe_tekken_no_weights script. Move your bone to a new position and with the bone selected, export to collada format. Open the model using the bones command in X-Rey and import the bone using the import collada button.

- Weights can be imported. Import your model into 3dsmax using the import_wwe_tekken script. Note that the brienj script doesn't import weights correctly so that script cannot be used. My weight script also does not work for all models, not sure why but it works for most models. Select your object and export using the export_bone_weights_to_file script. Open the model in X-Rey using the yobj new format option and import the weights using the weight button. 

- Facial animations can be disabled using the Remove facial animations command under the utilities menu.

v.1.7

- Added a function to disable the facial animations in 2k16 PC models.

- Recoded the inject smaller function to add beta support for the pc models. If you are a 360 / ps3 user, select yes when prompted to import weights. If you are a pc user, select no when prompted to import weights. This function is still in beta phase as it does not work for all objects on the pc version. At present you can only inject objects of the same type e.g inject a head from one model to another.

v. 2.0

- Added a function to import animations for pc models. A full tutorial on creating facial animations can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMym6NUiBqA

- Added support for reading 2k17 pc models

- Added a function to change the header of model to "JBOY" under the utilities menu. 

v. 2.1

- Added support for newer WWE 2k17 yobj files

- Coded a function to turn off / on the rendering of objects (right click an object to access this menu).
- Coded a function to edit the shader used to render objects (right click an object to access this menu).
- Coded a function to edit the shader parameters used to render objects (right click an object to access this menu).

v. 2.3

- Added a bulk export function for objects and animations

v2.4:

- Added support for body and head textures in the model preview viewport. Your textures must be saved in either png, bmp or jpg format in the same directory as your model.

Please note that X-Rey locks the textures when previewing, so if you need to make changes to the textures, close X-Rey first.

Clothing textures are not supported at this time.

- Increased the resolution of the viewport

- Added some lighting to viewport to makes textures more visible

- Added the functionality to set the number of objects in the model

- Objects in the model can now be reordered by clicking the diagonal arrows in the grid.

- Animations can be loaded for any object not just for objects in position 0. Right click an object in the grid and select "Load animations" to access the animations.

- Added a setting to lock the name of the object in the grid when scrolling. This option can be accessed under the settings menu.

v2.5:

- Added the ability to swap positions of objects. This allows you to move objects within the yobj file quickly.

v2.6:

- Added the functionality to edit materials.

- Full textured preview of models in the viewport. Your textures must be in .png, .jpg or .bmp format in the same directory as your model for it to be displayed.

- Bulk exporting and importing of objects. For the bulk import, only the objects to be imported must reside in a separate directory. Any other objects will cause the script to fail. Your objects must be named accordingly e.g object0, etc.

- Recoded the directory browsing functionality to the new vista style

v2.7:

- UV support (importing and exporting) for models from WWE 2k16 upwards.

- Bulk export and import of bones

- Bulk import of Collada bone objects

This is probably the last update I will be coding to X-Rey. Thank you to all of you for your support over the years.

What the program does not do:

Spoiler

- Open pac files or extract yobj from pac files (you should use X-Packer, quickbms, etc for this)

- Convert old model formats into the new format. I will be looking into this later but for now consider this impossible to do.

Pre Requisite Software:

You will need to install the SlimDX toolkit as a pre requisite for this program to work. The toolkit can be downloaded here: http://code.google.com/p/slimdx/downloads/detail?name=SlimDX%20SDK%20%28January%202012%29.msi

Please note that the serial key is specific to a single computer. Please send me the serial key from the computer on which you will be doing your mods. If you are planning on formatting your computer or upgrading your operating system, please do that first before installing X-Rey and requesting an activation key. If you have upgraded your pc and have a new serial key, you will need to purchase a new license.

Basic controls for the program:

Spoiler

- Double click an object in the grid to display a preview

- Click the viewport to control the object. Zoom in and out using the mouse scroll button.

- Hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse to rotate the object.

- Mouse button 3 pans

- Some objects render off the screen for some reason so zoom out to view these.

• Like 6
  • What? 1

If you haven't started looking at the formats yet i could help a little bit with the SHDC's etc. I have been able to convert them to PACH's so it shouldn't be too hard. I have converted a few HSPC's to EPK8 too. But i havent done a lot

Thanks for the offer to help.

X-packer 2017 already supports injection and extraction from SHDC. The files which are extracted can be created into a new pach file using the create new pach command in X-packer. 

The game reads pach files without any issues as long these are injected into a 2k17 pac file.

Edited by tekken57
  • Like 3

Fantastic work. Does this tool also read 360/PS3 2K16 files? Or was that functionality never coded? Apologies if I missed that. 

Donated - won't let me pm you my details. Inbox full?

Edited by LordBarker

Is it possible to port 2K17 wrestlers straight over to 2K16 PC with this version? If so, might have to pick up a console copy of the game for now and rip some files so I can get some shit done ahead of the PC release.

Fantastic work. Does this tool also read 360/PS3 2K16 files? Or was that functionality never coded? Apologies if I missed that. 

Thanks, I have replied to your email. Yes X-Packer does read the 2k16 format as well, support was coded in X-Packer 2016. However 2k16 reads the old pac format also.

I was starting to think that X-Packer won´t be updating this year. :lol

Lol, been a very busy work year for me, hence the late release.

Yeh and i am pretty sure the EPK8's and EPAC's work in game too because i have had a look at some non-important/unchanged files and they are in EPK8 and EPAC so they should work too

Can you please confirm if this will work with wrestler pacs, I have tested and the game crashes when replacing a wrestler pac with and epk archive.

Is it possible to port 2K17 wrestlers straight over to 2K16 PC with this version? If so, might have to pick up a console copy of the game for now and rip some files so I can get some shit done ahead of the PC release.

I haven't tested 2k17 wrestlers with the pc version, however the model format is still the same as previous years. You can probably use some of the wrestler parts in the pc version but I suspect that it will have the same issues as last year i.e skin rendering funny and legs moving wierdly.

Thanks, I have replied to your email. Yes X-Packer does read the 2k16 format as well, support was coded in X-Packer 2016. However 2k16 reads the old pac format also.

I was starting to think that X-Packer won´t be updating this year. :lol

Lol, been a very busy work year for me, hence the late release.

Yeh and i am pretty sure the EPK8's and EPAC's work in game too because i have had a look at some non-important/unchanged files and they are in EPK8 and EPAC so they should work too

Can you please confirm if this will work with wrestler pacs, I have tested and the game crashes when replacing a wrestler pac with and epk archive.

I haven't tested 2k17 wrestlers with the pc version, however the model format is still the same as previous years. You can probably use some of the wrestler parts in the pc version but I suspect that it will have the same issues as last year i.e skin rendering funny and legs moving wierdly.

I have already payed for X-Packer could you send the 2017 download to my email, please?

@mbegghead , have you donated towards X-Packer 2017? As I've stated in the first post of every X-Packer thread:

4. I create a new x-packer for each new wwe game and these require separate licenses I.e. X-Packer 2016 for 2k16,  X-Packer 2017 for 2k17 etc. 

Ahh, ok. Yeah, seems like back-porting doesn't work nearly as well as porting to the next game, sadly.

@mbegghead , have you donated towards X-Packer 2017? As I've stated in the first post of every X-Packer thread:

4. I create a new x-packer for each new wwe game and these require separate licenses I.e. X-Packer 2016 for 2k16,  X-Packer 2017 for 2k17 etc. 

Yes.

I can't really test in game but i'll have to try and find somebody to do it. The HSPC's that i converted to EPK8 hold the SHDC's inside because I havent converted those ones yet. But I believe it probably should work but who knows. Maybe someone can try my menu pacs converted to PACH in game to see if they crash or not too.

Edited by CenzTom

Also, sorry to double post... Maybe if you want you can add an SHDC to PACH conversion function and a HSPC to EPK8 or EPAC conversion function too? For the peopel who want 2k17 guys in older games. Its up to you though

Ahh, ok. Yeah, seems like back-porting doesn't work nearly as well as porting to the next game, sadly.

I tried using the Xbox 360 Goldberg model in the pc version this afternoon, the same issues exist with the model as previous years:

Also, sorry to double post... Maybe if you want you can add an SHDC to PACH conversion function and a HSPC to EPK8 or EPAC conversion function too? For the peopel who want 2k17 guys in older games. Its up to you though

You can already do this by extracting all the files from the shdc and create a new pach using X-Packer. This new pach can be injected into any of the older pac files for use in older games.

• Like 2

Could you send my activation code to me? (I've sent the serial).

with this new xpacker can we edit wrestlers color.dds and inject back in?

Yes you can. 

The .Pacs in the mov folder can't be opened for some reason.

can you post the exact pac file you are working with please and state the console it is from. I'll take a look at it