Problem Injecting 2k16 Singlet on 2k15 NPC

tomwearsglasses

Trying to stick to my formula of one problem I can't figure out per mod :blush:

I'm trying to make a Hugh Morris attire using the 2k15 Bill Demott base - with Kama Mustafa's singlet.  But for some reason Kama's particular objects don't play nice with Demott's.  It causes that weird thing that you see in some 2k15 ports where the objects warp and don't seem to be anchored in place.  I tried injecting the skeleton but no luck.  Same issue for other objects within Kama's object set (i.e. boots).

I can inject clothing objects from other characters (i.e. Jack Swagger's singlet) and they work fine on him.  Unfortunately Kama's singlet matches the style of what Hugh Morris wore better than any of the other choices.

Anyone know if it's possible for me to get them working together?

Incompatible, the 00CA file is the issue, if you use Demotts 00CA he will appear fine but the clothing will be displaced weirdly, if you use Kamas 00CA file the clothing will look fine but Demotts body will deform.

You will have to try another singlet, maybe Perfects?! Although I know he has a higher fitting on the chest than you probably hope for so will have to do some adjustments of the vertex placements.

Tell you what, if you're in no rush I have a gap in my schedule, I will personally test a few singlets for you and get back to you on it.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

So after testing a couple of singlets I notice Big Shows is also incompatible, however Mr Perfects is working fine.

You will just need to make adjustments to the mesh to make it fit, if you stretch the shoulder straps up you should be able to make it look more like Hugh Morrus' singlet.

aa81d2a0921c3b81ccfe6e019c6b511d.png2464de5d5ebeebfe1d20d072c7ec854e.png

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

Thank you for the explanation and for testing these!

Whenever possible I try to start with the closest match object, because when I play with meshes it tends to warp the image texture along with it.

But this will save me time going crazy trying to get an object to work that doesn't. I'll play with Mr Perfect or Jack Swagger's singlet and see how close I can get it.

Tried this exact same thing the other week and I had the same problem mate, tried a few different objects in fact but Bill's model seems incompatible. Same with Luger and tops. 

Only alternative if youcan't get any to work is to inject the head into another model instead, preferrably with a similar bodyshape obviously and then work things from there. I've got a half finished Luger mod using this method and it seems to be working, had to disable the facial animations but needs must, might be worth a go with Morris or you could texture it onto the skin and mess around with the skin normals to get it 3D looking ;)

Edited by 4 Life

Thanks guys - after trying a few options I think Jack Swagger's singlet is going to work pretty well.  I'll going to need some time to tweak the fit and develop the texture, but my testing today went well so I'm optimistic.

• Like 1