Official Render Database - tutorial on replacing without X-Packer

phatkroger10

Compress and inject into the PACH (0001 slot) you extracted from the type a/b/c.

Noooooo I meant just making the renders to be used with the non-X-Packer method, unless you mean you just injected them like that and then re-extracted them?

Anyway, good news, I got one working :D

@jakeypearce I'm pretty sure now that if the "cannot be compressed" message appears then the image you're trying to inject is just too large to inject into the render you're tryna inject it into. It can appear that the two dds/pac files are the same size, but then I found that if you edit the render in another program like Photoshop and lower the quality of the image, then paste it back into the dds and save it then the dds file is still the same size anyway once you saved it. So the file size of the render files (the dds/pac) doesn't tell the entire story.

So, in short, if you're getting the cannot be compressed error, open the image up in another program - opening in Paintshop and reducing the vibrancy and posterising works well. To be absolutely sure, you can also open the original render you're trying to replace and save both images as a PNG. Then keep lowering the quality of the new render until it's a smaller file size than the PNG of the one you're trying to replace.

When you compress and inject, you then copy and paste the hex contents of that modified PACH into the type a/b/c at the offset of the character you want to replace.

Ahhh, I see. Tbh I was just looking for some workaround for the "cannot be compressed" error, but as I said above if you're getting that then the original image of your new render needs compressing before you put it back into the dds to be able to be injected into the render you're trying to inject it into. I've learned that the file size of the dds can be very misleading, if you really wanna know for sure it's best to get both renders in a normal format like PNG and make sure the file size of the new render is smaller than that of the render you're replacing.

When I get time, I'll post a tutorial on Balor, Shane O'Mac, Big Show, and Brad Maddox. These ones you currently have to do in HxD - they do not appear in X-Packer. I brought the issue to @tekken57's attention with X-Packer, but haven't heard back.

I've taken a look at it, just never got time to respond. I've recoded the directory menu options to fix the issue.

• Like 1

i cant access the render database,, the link is weird since with mega, usually its a direct link with a description key.. :) cant wait for your fix on the link and be able to do render mods! 

great job on the video! instructions are very clear

Edited by JonasSlasher1994

Thank you for the tutorial, is easy to follow and very explanatory. I have a question though. Is there a way to change the render from where it's assigned to someone else? In your turorial you replaced Cena's render with AJ Styles. So it was still Cena in a match, only he had Styles's render. What I would like to do is after changing renders, assign the new one (in this case Styles) to the Styles mod so when in a match with Styles I'll have his render. As for the one replaced (in the example Cena) I would like to have the dummy render. Can this be done?

Thank you for the tutorial, is easy to follow and very explanatory. I have a question though. Is there a way to change the render from where it's assigned to someone else? In your turorial you replaced Cena's render with AJ Styles. So it was still Cena in a match, only he had Styles's render. What I would like to do is after changing renders, assign the new one (in this case Styles) to the Styles mod so when in a match with Styles I'll have his render. As for the one replaced (in the example Cena) I would like to have the dummy render. Can this be done?

To make sure I have this correct: you want a render for Styles but not Cena, correct? Yes, this is possible. The method in the video replaces the render but not the character. You'll need to do research on the forum yourself, but you need to put your Styles CH pac where Cena's was and change Cena's to be assigned to a different CH number.

Look at Pozzum's tutorials, Cave Waverider's program, and Visitor X's program for more detail.

Yeah, I know about that, but if I do that will the announcers refer to Styles as Cena? I was hoping there was a way to replace renders using your tutorial and then assign the new renders to the mods that were installed in the empty slots according to Pozzum's table.

I'll try to explain myself better with another example. Lets say that I have installed Styles in ch500 and Cena is ch139. Currently Styles has the dummy render and Cena has his own. What I want to do is replace Cena render with Styles (which I now know how to do thanks to your tutorial). So after I do that, Cena (ch139) will have a Styles render and Styles(ch500) will still have the dummy render. What I was wondering is if there is a way to somehow switch the renders and give Cena (ch139) the dummy render and Styles (ch500) the Styles render? I could do what you suggested and put Styles CH in Cena's place and then change Cena CH number, but like I said won't that mean that the announcers will refer to Styles as Cena?

Yeah, I know about that, but if I do that will the announcers refer to Styles as Cena? I was hoping there was a way to replace renders using your tutorial and then assign the new renders to the mods that were installed in the empty slots according to Pozzum's table.

I'll try to explain myself better with another example. Lets say that I have installed Styles in ch500 and Cena is ch139. Currently Styles has the dummy render and Cena has his own. What I want to do is replace Cena render with Styles (which I now know how to do thanks to your tutorial). So after I do that, Cena (ch139) will have a Styles render and Styles(ch500) will still have the dummy render. What I was wondering is if there is a way to somehow switch the renders and give Cena (ch139) the dummy render and Styles (ch500) the Styles render? I could do what you suggested and put Styles CH in Cena's place and then change Cena CH number, but like I said won't that mean that the announcers will refer to Styles as Cena?

Unfortunately, you cannot do this. It will still refer to Styles as Cena. This is the million dollar question that no one's figured out.

i cant access the render database,, the link is weird since with mega, usually its a direct link with a description key.. :) cant wait for your fix on the link and be able to do render mods! 

great job on the video! instructions are very clear

Thanks, man. I'll check it out when I get home. I'm new to Mega, so probably copied the wrong link or something.

Unfortunately, you cannot do this. It will still refer to Styles as Cena. This is the million dollar question that no one's figured out.

Right, anyway, thanks for your time and the tutorial.

Compress and inject into the PACH (0001 slot) you extracted from the type a/b/c.

Noooooo I meant just making the renders to be used with the non-X-Packer method, unless you mean you just injected them like that and then re-extracted them?

@jakeypearce I'm pretty sure now that if the "cannot be compressed" message appears then the image you're trying to inject is just too large to inject into the render you're tryna inject it into. It can appear that the two dds/pac files are the same size, but then I found that if you edit the render in another program like Photoshop and lower the quality of the image, then paste it back into the dds and save it then the dds file is still the same size anyway once you saved it. So the file size of the render files (the dds/pac) doesn't tell the entire story.

So, in short, if you're getting the cannot be compressed error, open the image up in another program - opening in Paintshop and reducing the vibrancy and posterising works well. To be absolutely sure, you can also open the original render you're trying to replace and save both images as a PNG. Then keep lowering the quality of the new render until it's a smaller file size than the PNG of the one you're trying to replace.

I'm confused by what you mean. Paintshop Pro X8 can't open DDS images. What setting did you use to reduce the vibrancy and posterizing enough to compress and inject the image? The file I'm trying to use as a type c render is Rock's from Smackdown! 2 (as I stated), however I increased the size of the image to 512 x 512.

I'm confused by what you mean. Paintshop Pro X8 can't open DDS images. What setting did you use to reduce the vibrancy and posterizing enough to compress and inject the image? The file I'm trying to use as a type c render is Rock's from Smackdown! 2 (as I stated), however I increased the size of the image to 512 x 512.

use TinyPNG to compress the size

I meant Photoshop, not Paintshop. I'm an idiot like that sometimes :lol

Anyhoo, you can open the dds and then ctrl+A and copy the image, and then paste it into Photoshop, then save that as a PNG and see what the file size is. Have your new render saved as a PNG too and then compare the file sizes and adjust the vibrancy little by little and keep saving and rechecking the render until it's just a tad smaller in file size than the PNG you're replacing. Then copy-paste it into the dds and do all the usual stuff and it should compress & inject without a problem and show up in-game without problems.

No wonder I was having trouble with Bobby Heenan, his image is fucking tiny :lol But I reckon images with a lack of variety in colour (crow Sting with black coat on, perhaps) might be able to be compressed enough to fit and still look good. Might experiment with that at some point. As @RipZz said, you can also use apps or websites like TinyPNG to compress images sizes but I like the effect that posterising to reduce file sizes has, rather than just lowering the quality outright it gives it more of a grainy/slightly animated look like some of the renders that are in the game already.

The way to go about this would be to somehow remove some sort of ID so that the announcers have nothing to refer to, much like when you install a stand-alone mod rather than a replacement. Two problems, though: 1) Without this ID the render may also be removed, and 2) We don't know how to do it yet anyway :lol You can of course inject custom audio into the Lilian Garcia entrance audio files to change them (for example, I ripped and edited the Hollywood Hogan files from SvR 2006 and injected them into the files after replacing him, so he now comes out and his residence, weight and name are announced pretty flawlessly), but the commentators during the match will still refer to him as whoever you replaced.

Edited by 4LifeBrother

The Mega links take me to my own storage? How can I get the .bpe of an edited render?

Edited by Kopmeister

@phatkroger10

I also can't access the database.

May I suggest that you consider using a shared Google Drive folder. You get 15GB free space with every Gmail/Google account which should be plenty, and it is easy to selectively share a specific folder publicly. It is also easy to upload and organize files, and you can easily manage the uploaded files (ex: if you ever decide that you want to update a specific render you could easily delete the old one and upload an updated one.

I'm working on it. I know there's options, but frankly haven't had time to work on it lately. Will try tonight!

Render database redirects me to mega.co, I logged on and I get no renders or anything just my folders... Any solutions?

Okay! Sorry for the delay, but the link is fixed. Let me know if there are any other issues. I'm hoping to upload all the renders I have completed.

I hope to include six files in each zip - the three A, B, C images and the three A, B, C PACH files. Not all of them are up to date as of right now.

• Like 1

i just realized render replacement is so hard, i mean transferring the pofo, the moveset, and thepac files are fine, but the game announcing your character as a different person. Especially that ayz's sheet isnt done yet :\ great job on this phatkroger :) 

Thanks for the tutorial! Everything works just fine. Is there a way to change announcer names? Because everything is Aj Styles except announcer says Bad News Barrett...?