Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

After I loaded pofo and moveset files to the game and then try to start a match with modded superstar it gets stuck on loading screen. What to do?

Have you installed the ch*.pac file as well? If not, do so. If you have done that while the game was running, you'll have to restart the game as .pac files are only loaded when the game starts. If you've already restarted the game, then the PACH file inside your .pac file likely isn't named properly. If you've manually copied the ch*.pac file into the folder I suggest to use the Custom Character Tools to install it instead as it should rename the PACH file(s) inside the ch*.pac file properly. Double-check that the ID for your ch*.pac file, .pofo and .moveset files match as well (load the .pofo and .moveset files into the data Editor, check that the IDs are properly set and save/click the "Install * file via CCT" button to install them just to make sure - Check the Data Editor Tutorials for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do that).

I have only pofo and moveset files, I used "Moveset/Pofo Database" topic where I downloaded Bobby Lashley's files. But where can I get Lashley's ch*.pac file?

After I loaded pofo and moveset files to the game and then try to start a match with modded superstar it gets stuck on loading screen. What to do?

Have you installed the ch*.pac file as well? If not, do so. If you have done that while the game was running, you'll have to restart the game as .pac files are only loaded when the game starts. If you've already restarted the game, then the PACH file inside your .pac file likely isn't named properly. If you've manually copied the ch*.pac file into the folder I suggest to use the Custom Character Tools to install it instead as it should rename the PACH file(s) inside the ch*.pac file properly. Double-check that the ID for your ch*.pac file, .pofo and .moveset files match as well (load the .pofo and .moveset files into the data Editor, check that the IDs are properly set and save/click the "Install * file via CCT" button to install them just to make sure - Check the Data Editor Tutorials for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do that).

I have only pofo and moveset files, I used "Moveset/Pofo Database" topic where I downloaded Bobby Lashley's files. But where can I get Lashley's ch*.pac file?

I haven't seen a Lashley here yet, he may be available in the 2k15 forum. Anytime you install a mod you want to make sure not only do you have the pac files but the slots set for the Pofo and Moveset match the pac file as well. You can do that all in Data Editor.

I haven't seen a Lashley here yet, he may be available in the 2k15 forum. Anytime you install a mod you want to make sure not only do you have the pac files but the slots set for the Pofo and Moveset match the pac file as well. You can do that all in Data Editor.

Oh ok, hopefully Lashley's pac will come at some point. Thanks for the help guys!

Oh ok, hopefully Lashley's pac will come at some point. Thanks for the help guys!

Many of the .pofo and .moveset files in the Database are made for future mods, mods in development or sometimes even mods from other sources. Thus it's a better idea to download the actual mod first, and if it doesn't come with good .pofo/.moveset files, then look up the Database for the files. And if you don't find any even in the Database, you can always create your own with the Data Editor yourself (you can load one of the included templates that you find is closest and work with that as well or create/download from CC something in-game for a CAW and export it to Data Editor with Custom Character Tools and adjust the files' ID etc. to match your Mod).

Edited by Cave Waverider

I installed the future proof pac file,installed an AJ Styles pac,but when I install a superstar it say:"WWE 2K16 has stopped working",if i delete manually the superstar then i got stuck in loading menu.

What can I do?

EDIT:I solved applying the fix for modding.

Thanks for the tool

Edited by FranRukario
  • Like 1

Why is there no install button? i can't stretch the screen down past 'create save game backup'

Make sure to set your OS font scaling to 100% or 96DPI.

Hey Visitor...or Cave...or anyone, so I'm trying to add (not replace) a titantron via CCT in slot 463, but when I inject the titantron and assign it with Data Editor, the Superstar still has his default titantron during his entrance. the file is named ent_0463_0_0.bk2 and in data editor its assigned to 463_0_0. Am I missing something? Maybe slot 463 doesn't work?

Hey Visitor...or Cave...or anyone, so I'm trying to add (not replace) a titantron via CCT in slot 463, but when I inject the titantron and assign it with Data Editor, the Superstar still has his default titantron during his entrance. the file is named ent_0463_0_0.bk2 and in data editor its assigned to 463_0_0. Am I missing something? Maybe slot 463 doesn't work?

No, that slot works just fine in the game (I'm using it for Goldberg), not sure about CCT as I installed it manually back when. And yes, sounds like you're doing it right. You have injected the .moveset file with that Titantron ID in the game as well, right?

Check your WWE2k16\movies\titantrons folder if you see ENT_0463_0_0.bk2 in there.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Same thing happens with Stephanie McMahon. With her I tried extracting both the pofo and moveset, changing the titantron value to the added tron (490 this time) and Injecting both back in. Still no change :(

Same thing happens with Stephanie McMahon. With her I tried extracting both the pofo and moveset, changing the titantron value to the added tron (490 this time) and Injecting both back in. Still no change :(

Very odd. So it appears to be certain wrestlers that changing tron IDs doesn't work for? You could also try Enabling/Disabling the Winning Music workaround in the data editor for those wrestlers and see if that changes anything.

Will this support pirated versions of the game in the future ?! 

No.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Will this support pirated versions of the game in the future ?! 

No.

Alright sorry for bothering I didn't read Pozzum's post !! Thanks anyways =D

Also here is a link to my tutorial 

Hey!...I've followed your directions, but whenever i try to add Hogan, AJ, ETC...it keeps on saying WCW clash of champions for some reason, which would not bother me if it didnt crash the game if i try to choose them...

Pulling my hair out here trying to get this to work right

Hey!...I've followed your directions, but whenever i try to add Hogan, AJ, ETC...it keeps on saying WCW clash of champions for some reason, which would not bother me if it didnt crash the game if i try to choose them...

If it crashed when you choose them, it means the pac file hasn't been installed yet. If you're using CCT to install the pac files as well, you'll need to restart the game before they work. As for their names, download the Future String, which you can find in the pinned topic in the 2k16 PC mods section.

• Like 1

It seems like you are using a non authorized version of WWE2K16! Please use an authorized version (1.0.1) and try it again!

Can someone explain?

It seems like you are using a non authorized version of WWE2K16! Please use an authorized version (1.0.1) and try it again!

Can someone explain?

do you use the original Steam version?

Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!
» Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!
» Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

wtf...............................................

every time I use this tool it says 

Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

help

wtf...............................................

every time I use this tool it says 

help

Are you certain that you are in the main menu of the official Steam Version 1.01 of WWE 2k16 and that you're running the tool as Administrator?

If it crashed when you choose them, it means the pac file hasn't been installed yet. If you're using CCT to install the pac files as well, you'll need to restart the game before they work. As for their names, download the Future String, which you can find in the pinned topic in the 2k16 PC mods section.

So after i add the characters, i save it then reset it, and it should work right?...

I can deal with the names not being right, i just wondered what i was doing wrong to make it crash