This site is commonly used for uploads..

Still shady. There are a thousand sites out there that don't do junk like this. If you want to earn money from your mods, then charge for your tools. 

I am against charging for tools as it limits the modding community to a select few that can justify affording the modding tools. While not ideal, at least this way, the tools are readily available for everyone to use, allowing the community to grow and many more people to use mods. People can also use an Adblocker even though that means I won't get any revenue from it, but at least you should be able to download it "safely".
Is it an ideal solution? No. Do I like it personally? Not really. This is more of a test run anyway. Am I looking for a better solution? Yes. If you do know of any better solutions, feel free to write me a private message. 

That's all I have to say about this right now. Please get the discussion back on topic as there is no use derailing the thread any further because of this matter. Feel free to post a topic in the appropriate forum section about it. Thank you very much.

Update: I've added a PayPal donate button to my signature and the top post of this thread. If there is a healthy amount of donations I'll definitely consider abandoning the adfly links.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 3

Great tool :) Will you be adding an interface where we can easily change the string value for attire names for each wrestler? A small button next to the wrestler, which brings up a small window with the string value for each attire slot would be awesome :D

It isn't planned right now as it's an awful amount of work to do that for every one of the 100x10 wrestler attires. It was actually the plan when I started creating the GUI for it, but I had to discard it since it was just too much work the way I do things. It might be something I'll do once I've got lots of time on my hands and have finished the rest of the tool, but no promises there.

Cave, if it's technically possible to implement this as an option, I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on working this in as part of the app's potential feature-set. I don't think anyone would mind having a more user-friendly method of managing customized/alternate attires. There certainly seems to be a bit of interest in it.  Of course, if you'd rather work solo, that's fine as well. Let me know what you think.Oh, and thanks again for a fantastic tool.  :)

Edited by Ticaliano
  • Like 1

Great tool :) Will you be adding an interface where we can easily change the string value for attire names for each wrestler? A small button next to the wrestler, which brings up a small window with the string value for each attire slot would be awesome :D

It isn't planned right now as it's an awful amount of work to do that for every one of the 100x10 wrestler attires. It was actually the plan when I started creating the GUI for it, but I had to discard it since it was just too much work the way I do things. It might be something I'll do once I've got lots of time on my hands and have finished the rest of the tool, but no promises there.

Cave, if it's technically possible to implement this as an option, I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on working this in as part of the app's potential feature-set. I don't think anyone would mind having a more user-friendly method of managing customized/alternate attires. There certainly seems to be a bit of interest in it.  Of course, if you'd rather work solo, that's fine as well. Let me know what you think.Oh, and thanks again for a fantastic tool.  :)

Of course it's technically possible, little isn't, after all. The feature set isn't a big problem either, as I've already prepared that long ago. It just depends on the work required, as the Attire Unlocker part will have to be completely rewritten from scratch (the current implementation was more of a quick one to give people without a clue a GUI to do it at all). It's certainly something I want to do eventually, although I want to finish up some other things on the primary functionality of the Data Editor first. I already haven't slept much the past couple of weeks working on this Program with the new features that will integrate features to work in conjunction with Custom Character Tools, so I might have to take a bit of a break once the new version is released before I break, haha.
Alas I can
't let any one work on my code at this time for certain reasons, at least not until late summer. I'm thinking I might be able to tackle the Attire Unlocker before that, though, and work on it gradually but I don't know when it would be ready. Perhaps it's best not to expect it to happen, it'll be more of a pleasant surprise when it does. ;)

That said, if anybody really wants to help me get things done quicker, head over to this thread and help me figure out the byte locations of all the new move types that have been added to the .moveset files in WWE 2k16 compared to WWE 2k15. The sooner I get those mapped out, the sooner I can work on their implementation in the Moves editor and the sooner I can tackle other things.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Bro can you give me direct link of this Tool bcoz I can't get download file from your provided link so give me some other mega or zippyshare link

2eok22o.jpg

The first Beta version of the newly rebranded Data Editor for WWE 2k16 is out now! The download link is located in the top post.

This is a simultaneous release with Custom Character Tools 1.0 Beta 1 by TheVisitorX as the two tools have been developed closely together to make modding easier and more accessible to everyone. Some of the new features require both tools to be installed and linked to each other.

Update Notes:

2016.04.25: VERSION 2016.0.5.0 Beta:

+ The Application has reached the Beta testing stage!

+ Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator 2k16 to Data Editor for WWE 2k16, as the name is more compact and reflects what it does better due to increased functionality from the original design.

+ Added support to pass absolute .pofo, .moveset and .team_info file paths to the Custom Character Tools (CCT) as Arguments when launching the external tool. This allows the .pofo, .moveset and .team_info files that have been edited in the Data Editor to be conveniently installed through TheVisitorX' Custom Character Tools.

+ Added support to receive absolute .pofo, .moveset and .team_info file paths as launch arguments to be loaded directly into the Data Editor when launched. This allows external tools to send .pofo, .moveset, .team_info files directly to the Data Editor for editing.

+ Added "Tag Team Information" tab with Tag Team Information (.team_info) Editing functionality.

+ Fixed a nasty, long-standing bug with loading moveset files that in very rare cases would cause an advanced entrance to become enabled without there actually being any advanced entrance data with poorly created .moveset files and thus the entrance wouldn't work.

+ Fixed another long-standing bug with the Apron Ring-Out and Apron Ring-in Move types not saving correctly in certain cases.

+ The .pofo and .moveset Data Editor now also supports editing (some) Information and Movesets of Custom Superstars (casually known as CAWs).

+ Added functionality to pass selected Titantron, Minitron and Walltron IDs to CCT.

+ Added all known Tag Team Entrance Animation names to their respective IDs.

+ Added all known Trio Tag Team Entrance Animation names to their respective IDs.

+ Added all known Pyro Names to their IDs in the Advanced Entrance Editor.

+ Added all known Lighting Names to their IDs in the Advanced Entrance Editor.

+ Added all known Screen Effect Names to their IDs in the Advanced Entrance Editor.

+ Added all known Singles Entrance Animation names to their respective IDs.

+ Added all known Singles Championship Entrance Animation names to their respective IDs.

+ Added all known Championship Winning Animation names to their respective IDs.

+ Added all known Entrance Music Names to their respective IDs.

+ Entrance and Moveset Editor: Added a checkbox to enable a Workaround to Enable Winning Music for All Attires. WARNING: If you check this box for an existing wrestler that has different Entrance Music for different attires, all attires will come out to the music selected in the Entrance Theme Music Field. Also, if you edit the entrance in the game, the music may default to a wrong value or no music and you may have to reset it. If you're loading the template for the wrestler, it will also have no music or a different music.

+ Moveset Move Editor: Added new WWE 2k16 specific Move Types.

+ Wrestler Information Editor: Fixed a bug that could cause Abilities to not load properly when loading a .pofo file if they had already been loaded into the Data Creator earlier.

+ Tweaked some GUI Elements

+ Added Background image to main window.

+ Added a Splash screen that shows the user that the Data Editor is actually loading.

Enjoy the testing and modding!

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 4

2eok22o.jpg
Data Editor for WWE 2k16 is Designed to work in tandem with Custom Character Tools to make modding easier and more accessible for all

Latest version: 2016.0.5.0 Beta | Synopsis: A program for WWE 2k16 on the PC that features a GUI, allows users to easily edit, create and save .pofo, .moveset, .team_info files and install them into the game with the help of Custom Character Tools, unlocking alternate attires for wrestlers, applying a workaround to enable winning music for all attires of a wrestler and more.
The current release is a public beta release and some functions may not work as intended and require more testing. Please try it out and leave your feedback, especially if something doesn't work, but also let me know what works well and what you like. The Readme file includes more detailed information. This Tool only works properly with the official Steam version 1.01 of WWE 2k16.

Please follow this thread so you get updates whenever a new version is released. Please always download, install and use the latest version of the tool, as many bugs and issues that may have been in previous versions may be fixed and additional features available.

Readme:

Hidden Content

Download Link (Latest Version): Click here to Download (24.04 MB .zip archive)

Screenshots:

Hidden Content

Tutorials:

Hidden Content

awesome work cave appreciate ur hardwork downloading it right now btw does it enables the winning sound of the modded superstars becuz i saw that u have written something bout it and do i have to backup my save?

2eok22o.jpg

awesome work cave appreciate ur hardwork downloading it right now btw does it enables the winning sound of the modded superstars becuz i saw that u have written something bout it and do i have to backup my save?

It's always a good idea to backup your saves regularly, but if you install something with Custom Character Tools, it does that for you. And yes, the winning music workaround is in the Moveset section in the form of a checkbox. You need to load the .moveset file of the wrestler you want to enable the winning music for all attires, tick the box, save it and install the .moveset file back into the game (ideally with Custom Character Tools). This workaround should work for regular wrestlers as well, not just modded ones.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Thank you so much for this great tool - i really appreciate it!
Especially the new option to enable Music for alternate Attires after the match sounds great. I was wondering, if it is possible now, to edit this for existing superstars, like f.e. kevin owens. For this i would have to extract his moveset, and enable the option, right?! Im not sure yet, how to export and import movesets from existing superstars, but it seems to me as there has been a tutorial somewhere in here... ?

Thank you so much for this great tool - i really appreciate it!
Especially the new option to enable Music for alternate Attires after the match sounds great. I was wondering, if it is possible now, to edit this for existing superstars, like f.e. kevin owens. For this i would have to extract his moveset, and enable the option, right?! Im not sure yet, how to export and import movesets from existing superstars, but it seems to me as there has been a tutorial somewhere in here... ?

Yes, it works for existing superstars (although there can be some side effects that are described in the readme and the warning message in the Data Editor itself when you apply it). Exporting the .pofos and .moveset is easy now with Custom Character Tools, as is installing them back into the game.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

2eok22o.jpg

It's always a good idea to backup your saves regularly, but if you install something with Custom Character Tools, it does that for you. And yes, the winning music workaround is in the Moveset section in the form of a checkbox. You need to load the .moveset file of the wrestler you want to enable the winning music for all attires, tick the box, save it and install the .moveset file back into the game (ideally with Custom Character Tools). This workaround should work for regular wrestlers as well, not just modded ones.

so cave that means first i have to export the movesets of the wrestler like a modded ceasaro then open it in data editor load the movsets save them enable the winning sound for the attires i want and install it with the cct than i would have the winning sound?

Edited by hamato

"WARNING: If you enable this Workaround and the Wrestler has different Entrance Themes for different Attires, all their Attires will default to the Entrance Theme Music that is selected in the Entrance Media section above!" ---Question Cave, does your tool create separate entrance animations and music for separate attires? Or Is this warning referring to the in game superstars with separate music/motions for different attires such as The Rock and Triple H (retro)? 

"WARNING: If you enable this Workaround and the Wrestler has different Entrance Themes for different Attires, all their Attires will default to the Entrance Theme Music that is selected in the Entrance Media section above!" ---Question Cave, does your tool create separate entrance animations and music for separate attires? Or Is this warning referring to the in game superstars with separate music/motions for different attires such as The Rock and Triple H (retro)? 

No it does not as nobody has figured that out yet and I don't believe it's done via the .moveset file, there must be some templates for entrances in some .pac files or something that the .moveset file points to that would have to be changed. However, I imagine if someone does figure out how it works, it would work the same way for those (although I'd suspect the workaround won't be needed any longer as you would be able to just adjust the templates and assign music to each attire).

This Warning is just meant for wrestlers that already have attires with different entrance music by default, like Shawn Michaels (HBK, DX), Finn Balor (regular, Demon), etc.. If you apply the workaround to those wrestlers, all their attires will use the same actual "primary" entrance music you assign to them in the Editor. The animations and everything else should remain the same, though (if you don't change them in the editor - changing them might or might not work the same way, I haven't tested that for those wrestlers that have different animations) as the workaround affects the music only.

The workaround really just "breaks" the "pointer" or "link" to the template for the entrance music for the wrestler it's applied to and if the game finds that pointer/link "broken" it defaults to the selected actual/primary entrance music and also defaults to play winning music for all attires (I have the theory that in the actual template files that are pointed to, the winning music assigned to unused attires is set to none, which is why it doesn't play for alternate attires). If you want to restore that pointer, you should change the entrance music to the wrestler's default one (if you changed it) and then untick the checkbox. That should restore the pointer/link. If not, you can load the Basic Entrance from the wrestler's original, untampered .moveset file located in the Templates folder via the load selected .moveset parts feature to fix it.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Hey. Thanks a lot for your tool, I find it extremely useful especially for movesets. But I was wondering, is it just me or is one Front Strong Grapple from the Standing Grapples section missing? Your tool only displays three strong grapples (front) for each wrestlers when in game there are four. Is it a bug on my side or?

Hey. Thanks a lot for your tool, I find it extremely useful especially for movesets. But I was wondering, is it just me or is one Front Strong Grapple from the Standing Grapples section missing? Your tool only displays three strong grapples (front) for each wrestlers when in game there are four. Is it a bug on my side or?

Hm, odd. All four are there for me. Perhaps the window is cut off for you? Do you have a small resolution monitor (smaller than 1920x1080 pixels) or some sort of font scaling enabled? Try resizing the Standing Grapples Window, they should show up. There should also be four Rear Strong Grapples to the right of them.

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new version is available for Download in the top post.

Update Notes:

2016.04.26: VERSION 2016.0.5.1 Beta:
+ All Editors: Install via Custom Character Tools Installer buttons are now greyed out if no valid IDs are selected to prevent installation of bad data.
+ General: Fixed a bunch of minor bugs and typos.
+ Team Info Editor: Added checkbox for Separate Entrance. If you tick that, all wrestlers of the team have separate entrances, if you don't tick it, they come out together.
+ Help: Updated URLs for some Tutorial and Download buttons.
+ Help: Added a button that opens a Guide to Recover from Corrupted Save as well as the corresponding guide GuideRecoverFromCorruptedSave.txt file to resources\CorruptedSaveGuide\.
+ Moveset Editor: Loading the Winning Animations separately now also loads the Winning Music workaround status properly.
+ Added all the .team_info files from the original, untouched game to the Team Info\Templates\ folder.
+ Added the appropriate Names to all the original .pofo, .moveset and .team_info Templates' file names.
+ Fixed some wrongly assigned IDs.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

A new version is now available. The download link is located in the top post.

Update Notes:

2016.03.29: VERSION 2016.0.2.0 Alpha:
+ Added support to launch various popular external tools like TheVisitorX' Sound Injector, his upcoming Custom Wrestler Installer, Pozzum's Memory and String tables and more from within the Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator. When you first click a button for an external tool, you'll be asked to point to the .exe file. The directory will be remembered and you'll be able to launch the external tools from there.
+ Added a Button to reset the Path info for all External Tools.
+ Fixed the outdated Strings in the Attire Unlocker's description that mentioned wrong file names. They should be accurate for the current version now.
+ Added a fancy application icon.
+ Added a little color.
+ Created an .exe wrapper file in order to be able to elevate the privileges of some of the new features.

But via CCT, finally we could add a render for the mods???

Edited by Lorne Osbourne

But via CCT, finally we could add a render for the mods???

No, CCT doesn't support renders and AFAIK nobody has really figured out how to add renders to additional Wrestlers yet.

• Like 1

Hm, odd. All four are there for me. Perhaps the window is cut off for you? Do you have a small resolution monitor (smaller than 1920x1080 pixels) or some sort of font scaling enabled? Try resizing the Standing Grapples Window, they should show up. There should also be four Rear Strong Grapples to the right of them.

Thanks man, resizing the window worked. Another question. For some move names, I can't see the full name even if I increase the window length. What can I do to see the full move name?

The Data Editor is awesome and works great with CCT. Is there a way to make the Data Editor scale with windows? The only way for me to see the tool properly is for me to set the windows scale to 100%. It's a headache on a TV.:wacko:

The Data Editor is awesome and works great with CCT. Is there a way to make the Data Editor scale with windows? The only way for me to see the tool properly is for me to set the windows scale to 100%. It's a headache on a TV.:wacko:

I sadly haven't found a way to do so properly. I tried all kinds of workarounds I found online, but most either don't work, mess up the GUI element positions or just work at certain DPI settings but not at normal ones anymore. GUI programming can be quite a mess with Java, for some reason I can't even get the scrollbars on the Team Info Editor and Tools/Help section to work anymore. :(

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new version is available for Download in the top post.

Update Notes:

2016.04.27: VERSION 2016.0.5.2 Beta:
+ Tools: Added a button to change the color theme the Data Editor uses.
+ Color Themes: Added the following color themes including background images: Blue, Gray, Green, Pink, Red, Yellow.  
+ Help: Added a button that links to the WWE 2k16 File Analysis.
+ Added Future-Proof String 4.0 to the included Universal Alternate Attire Unlock v0.14 Beta

Nothing major, I had to play around with colors for another project so I thought it might be worth adding. I'm not sure if the new colors aren't worse (most probably are), but I think the Gray one is neutral enough at least. People that have asked for a color selector for the Data Editor GUI in the past will hopefully be happy to know that option is available now. ;)

Can we have a color selector? The turquoise blue is killer on my eyes ;). And what is the recommended program for the wall and mini injector? When i click it asks me to select a program.

please change the color it's so bad for the eyes

or just keep it the same as the 2k15 tool was

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 3