WORD OF WARNING - LATEST WWE 2K16 PC PATCH 1.01 WILL BREAK THE GAME

Jimmycrane1986

its future strings.. I replaced it with the original and it loads again

Eyyyy, I forgot to backup my string file, can you hook me up with your original?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0qzlbWJfcDAMFVDQjY5QnVKWlk/view?usp=sharing

beat me to it

I figured if you didn't yet after 15 minutes you either didn't see the request or went offline, so I took the burden off your back lol.

Eyyyy, I forgot to backup my string file, can you hook me up with your original?

Thanks bro! Sadly, it didn't fix the crashing haha. 
This is absurd, 2k should roll back the patch until they fix this. 

The mods I had were:
RVD port from 2k15, futurestring, alt attire unlock, and Bannockburns Xavier Woods mod. 

Edited by JDB

The mods I had were:
RVD port from 2k15, futurestring, alt attire unlock, and Bannockburns Xavier Woods mod. 

I never installed alt unlock... you try removing that too? sucks that now we have to wait for the mods to get fixed or for 2k to fix its fix.....

I've replaced the updated exe with the original and it's working for me.

Temporary workaround? Can I post a link to the exe or is that against any sort of forum rule?

The mods I had were:

I never installed alt unlock... you try removing that too? sucks that now we have to wait for the mods to get fixed or for 2k to fix its fix.....

Yeah I ended up verifying my files and it made all the normal files that were modded get downloaded, but I still had RVD's folder in my Pac folder, so I removed that and nothing changed. 

I've replaced the updated exe with the original and it's working for me.

Temporary workaround? Can I post a link to the exe or is that against any sort of forum rule?

Well you can't do anything with the EXE unless you already have the game, so I'm pretty sure it's alright to post it. 

Update:
I just got the game to launch, I deleted WWE 2k16.exe and chunk_cache from the main folder, then i verified the files and now it launches. 
I know some don't want to "verify" their files tho. 

Update:
I just got the game to launch, I deleted WWE 2k16.exe and chunk_cache from the main folder, then i verified the files and now it launches. 

did it delete all your mod data?

Update:

It only re-downloaded any modded files, my rvd mod folder was still present, but I've since removed that.
andddd 
I tried installing future string: crashes game. Tried installing original string: crashes game. Tried deleting wwe2k16.exe and chunk_cache and string.pac, then verifying the files, and now it's crashing at start up again. 

Ughhhhh

Update:

It only re-downloaded any modded files, my rvd mod folder was still present, but I've since removed that.
andddd 
I tried installing future string: crashes game. Tried installing original string: crashes game. Tried deleting wwe2k16.exe and chunk_cache and string.pac, then verifying the files, and now it's crashing at start up again. 

Ughhhhh

The update probably changed something and all the mods have to be updated as well to take those changes into account.

Finally got the game to not crash on start after redownloading/installing it. while it does start up faster i still drop down to around 20fps in alot of enterances. Mod wise the only thing i can confirm that doesn't crash the game is the sound injector/titantrons....

Edit -

the game loads with the alundra blayze to AJ mod but will crash when you try to play with/edit it.

the attire unlock/future string mods cause the game to crash as its loading the main menu

Edited by Harbinger

1.First, verificated game cache in steam.
2.Try enter in game again:crash
3.Edited chunk_cache.bin in hxd and erase first line of archive.
4.Stone Cold entrance game slow as usual
5.Game enter.version 1.05
6.change string for future string
7.Work fine (don´t see something better in game,but work with mods.

Sorry for my bad english.only shared my experience in game.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Like a charm...thanks!  The update undid all my mods, but the only mods I had were Villain's AJ Lee, Jaymeetee's Sasha Banks splash screen, and a few tweaks I made with Pozzum's NPC DLC.exe program.  Very easy fixes all around, but it's too bad I won't be able to go online with it until this patch gets straightened out.

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon.  Villain's AJ mod won't take no matter how many times I copy the character model over.

Edited by M42Productions