FUTURE-PROOF STRING v9.0 --- Aussi en Francais...Je Suis Moutarde!

LordJustice17

Just wanted to ask, is it possible for the modded strings to also have lowercases on match screen/arena nameplate, but still be in all capitals on the select menu? For example,

All the in-game peoples names appear in capitals on the select screen and most match screen/arena nameplates, but in some arenas (ECW for example), they are both upper and lowercase whilst the modded ones are all capitals.

That is because the default characters in game use three separate strings. There are slots for uppercase, lowercase, and social media. We don't have room in the string file to do that for every character so instead, for custom characters, we assign the same string ID for all three slots. Therefore everything is uppercase, because that is how it is in the string. 

If you really need both upper and lowercase, you could do a custom edit of your string file, replacing names you won't need. Then you would have to edit the string ID references in all the pofos for custom characters you are using.

Im not sure, I'v just checked a few default in-game people and all their names appear in captials O.o in X-Packer.

Spades entering has stopped working please HELP Aj Styles string 3.0 actual

have you applied the patch fix?

game actual 1.05 version    

the version of the game doesn't matter, this is the third version of this modded file.

something happened where I had to delete the game. now every time I install the string, and install people the names are way off. Goldberg for example is named Fully Loaded. Hogan is WCW Clash of the Champions XXV. I tried deleting my game saves out of the steam folder and every folder, but I'm not sure it fixed the issue

Well, I'm using Future-Proof Strings 3.0, but I seem to be doing something wrong here…

UOAKnk5.jpg

Edit: Crap. I meant to post this in the 2K15-to-2K16 port topic. My glasses broke and I can't see very well, so forgive me. Maybe this thread can help me anyway.

Edited by Cleveland Rock

something happened where I had to delete the game. now every time I install the string, and install people the names are way off. Goldberg for example is named Fully Loaded. Hogan is WCW Clash of the Champions XXV. I tried deleting my game saves out of the steam folder and every folder, but I'm not sure it fixed the issue

make sure you don't have a backup string somewhere

Well, I'm using Future-Proof Strings 3.0, but I seem to be doing something wrong here…

UOAKnk5.jpg

Edit: Crap. I meant to post this in the 2K15-to-2K16 port topic. My glasses broke and I can't see very well, so forgive me. Maybe this thread can help me anyway.

make sure you don't have a backup string file and make sure to also restart your game.

• Like 1

UOAKnk5.jpg

make sure you don't have a backup string file and make sure to also restart your game.

@pozzum: Will the string-file be updated after the Hollywood Hogan update in your table? Or could you do a tutorial so i can update it by myself? That would be great!!!

UOAKnk5.jpg

@pozzum: Will the string-file be updated after the Hollywood Hogan update in your table? Or could you do a tutorial so i can update it by myself? That would be great!!!

Looks like you have screwed something up when editing the string.pac file. That said, Hollywood Hogan is already in the Future-proof string file. If you want to use the String, you'll just have to change the hex code in your pofo to the appropriate one in the String Table. Use the Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator 2k16 to load your .pofo file, set/change the proper strings and IDs (and whatever other values you may wish to change), save it and then import the .pofo with cheat engine or the latest Xpacker.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

UOAKnk5.jpg

Looks like you have screwed something up when editing the string.pac file. That said, Hollywood Hogan is already in the Future-proof string file. If you want to use the String, you'll just have to change the hex code in your pofo to the appropriate one in the String Table. Use the Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator 2k16 to load your .pofo file, set/change the proper strings and IDs (and whatever other values you may wish to change), save it and then import the .pofo with cheat engine or the latest Xpacker.

yeah i got it to work. my .backup file was in the pac folder. when i moved it somewhere else it changed the name back to goldberg. The string still shows Hogan as Hulk Hogan. But that's changeable in the String file. For the people that need to do that, I think you just open String in HXD, search for Hogan and type in HOLLYWOOD HOGAN. So far I haven't had any issues with that. Idk if you have to do something else for short name, nickname.

UOAKnk5.jpg

yeah i got it to work. my .backup file was in the pac folder. when i moved it somewhere else it changed the name back to goldberg. The string still shows Hogan as Hulk Hogan. But that's changeable in the String file. For the people that need to do that, I think you just open String in HXD, search for Hogan and type in HOLLYWOOD HOGAN. So far I haven't had any issues with that. Idk if you have to do something else for short name, nickname.

You don't have to do that. Hollywood Hogan is a different String already, so you just need to change the hex code to the one that points to Hollywood in the .pofo.

UOAKnk5.jpg

You don't have to do that. Hollywood Hogan is a different String already, so you just need to change the hex code to the one that points to Hollywood in the .pofo.

ohhhhh the one I had was in 460. the string on the sheet shows hollywood hogan now, but ingame it still shows as Hulk Hogan for me

@Hova -  I’m totally new to all of this but since I spent a lot of time yesterday learning how to do this exact thing (I downloaded Hollywood Hogan and Hulk Hogan and wanted them both working with unique names) - I'll explain what worked for me.  I left the Future Proof String v3 file untouched - and instead updated the pofo file for Hollywood Hogan (460).  If you open it in the Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator, you can choose a string from the Future Proof String file to change the name.

For Hollywood Hogan, the hex code is 69FB - so change that for the Name, Short Name, and Entrance Name.  I made the Social Account 1932 so nothing comes up (the social media account names look out of place to me in retro arenas).  <EDIT - I had a problem with my save file and the last change I made was the social account so I wouldn't recommend using this hex.

Save it, inject it back into your game, and save - then he should be displayed as Hollywood Hogan in the selection menu and game.
Edited by tomwearsglasses
Trying to figure out how to attach image
  • Like 1

Im new here and have a question. When im replacing the string.pac my games crashes. How to fix this?? Thanks

Look at the pinned thread about the post-patch fix involving the chunk_cache.bin file.

Thanks for this incredible work, guys... I wanted to ask something. Is there any way (an easy one), for changing entrance theme's names? I tried opening the string.pac file in HxD, but I didn't found the names,,,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this incredible work, guys... I wanted to ask something. Is there any way (an easy one), for changing entrance theme's names? I tried opening the string.pac file in HxD, but I didn't found the names,,,

Thanks in advance!

this requires and uncompressed 0003 part of the pac which I don't think the future string has.

• Like 1

Can someone help me? So i only need to download the string and replace or i need to compress like in wwe2k15 with x packer 8?

Assuming you are playing in one of the supported languages. Just download and replace. Copy/paste. That's it.

I would like to give my contribution
After many hours of work for manual editing of the various strings
Here are available & also for the Italian language  "The Future Sting 3.0"
(The 4002 file is already included in string.pac)
STRING - ITALIAN LANGUAGE:
https://mega.nz/#!0RBRGK5R!Ttqv0D-AIKE4i7BtZMwIgvfmeB8I2YWRV87ynHQUUQ8
I hope it is helpful to someone
Hugs |m/

Edited by Lorne Osbourne
  • Like 3

Can someone help me? So i only need to download the string and replace or i need to compress like in wwe2k15 with x packer 8?

Assuming you are playing in one of the supported languages. Just download and replace. Copy/paste. That's it.

Lord, You could add my String with Italian support to the first page :)
Welcome!!

Edited by Lorne Osbourne

Lord, You could add my String with Italian support to the first page :)
Welcome!!

I'm going to integrate it with the main release and add a few updates soon. I just haven't found the time to get around to it yet.

Thanks

• Like 1

Future String Updated

Now includes Italian strings courtesy of @Lorne Osbourne. Grazie!

Thanks to @pozzum for helping update the various languages.

New Names

32D3Akira Maeda
32D4Atsushi Onita
32D5Destroyer
32D6Dick Murdoch
32D7Dory Funk
32D8Trevor Lee
32D9El Ligero
32DAJesse Sorenson
32DBSilas Young
32DCKing Kong Bundy
32DDKamala