FUTURE-PROOF STRING v9.0 --- Aussi en Francais...Je Suis Moutarde!

LordJustice17

I fell off the mod scene in 2k15, but am back for 2k16; what exactly is this string file used for? Don't I still have to use cheat engine or something to install modded superstars? Also, thanks for your hard work! 

this allows modded stars to have the correct in game name.

It's still possible for us to change this string file through hex editing, right?

How do we unlock the strings? Since I was already working on a Khali and now his name is in that new string list. I'd rather just put him there. There's a whole lot of names on that list that aren't unlocked at all they have to be hidden. So how do I unhide them and make use of them in some way? I know stupid questions but remember I'm the one full of stupid questions because I'm so new to all this but I want this to work for me too. It's why I bought 15 and 16 just to do what I want to do and not have to be stuck on the PS4 version. So any help you all give really helps me a lot!

You assign IDs to characters by changing the string ID in their pofo files. Pofo files are basically small files that are injected into the save file (via X-Packer or Cheat Engine), that contain all the basic information about a superstar.

So what you are saying is I have to get this pofo file, entrance set if from 2k15 and then assign a tron and things like that and it should open up the wrestler?

I fell off the mod scene in 2k15, but am back for 2k16; what exactly is this string file used for? Don't I still have to use cheat engine or something to install modded superstars? Also, thanks for your hard work! 

this allows modded stars to have the correct in game name.

It's still possible for us to change this string file through hex editing, right?

Yes, this String has already been modified and should be sufficient for most people, but it can be further modified as a specific user sees fit.

I'm late, but the entry is valid. Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith... Good Luck Right?

Dynamite Kid is in already. I'll add Davey Boy to the list for future editions.

How do we unlock the strings? Since I was already working on a Khali and now his name is in that new string list. I'd rather just put him there. There's a whole lot of names on that list that aren't unlocked at all they have to be hidden. So how do I unhide them and make use of them in some way? I know stupid questions but remember I'm the one full of stupid questions because I'm so new to all this but I want this to work for me too. It's why I bought 15 and 16 just to do what I want to do and not have to be stuck on the PS4 version. So any help you all give really helps me a lot!

You assign IDs to characters by changing the string ID in their pofo files. Pofo files are basically small files that are injected into the save file (via X-Packer or Cheat Engine), that contain all the basic information about a superstar.

So what you are saying is I have to get this pofo file, entrance set if from 2k15 and then assign a tron and things like that and it should open up the wrestler?

Check out these threads and tutorials to get a better sense of how things work. They are from 2K15 but are still mostly valid. Also check out Pozzum's youtube channel. He has tons of useful tutorial videos.

http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/56962-x-packer-10-tutorial-editing-your-save-file/

• Like 2

Thank you for the links. I will look into those for sure. Now that I have everything uploaded into the game to start my work on arena's and titles. I can even start downloading and making caws to. So all of this for things already in game especially adding back in ones from 2k15 and other modded ones will be a big help for me.

Thank you so.much! I don't know if this year we can have this in the other languages... Just an idea, I'd love it... Maybe I can help you with the Spanish one

I believe @kim666 is doing a German one. If you wanted to do a Spanish one I'd be glad to add it to the file. All the IDs are in the links on the first post for reference. :)

Thank you so.much! I don't know if this year we can have this in the other languages... Just an idea, I'd love it... Maybe I can help you with the Spanish one

I believe @kim666 is doing a German one. If you wanted to do a Spanish one I'd be glad to add it to the file. All the IDs are in the links on the first post for reference. :)

God!! That's a lot of names to import man!!! hahaha

Well, working on it!! :cool:

@LordJustice17

Sorry, have a question...

In the default string appears "HONKY TONK MAN" in the 6A6C slot... Must I repleace it anyway?

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Edited by MinchoSheen
  • Like 1

@LordJustice17

In the default string appears "HONKY TONK MAN" in the 6A6C slot... Must I repleace it anyway?

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

these are strings from the unlockable menu, so you don't need to worry about changing honky tonks name.

@LordJustice17

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

these are strings from the unlockable menu, so you don't need to worry about changing honky tonks name.

Cool!! Thanks Pozzum

I'm late, but the entry is valid. Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith... Good Luck Right?

Isn't he already in the game? So you could just edit the string from British Bulldog to Davey Boy Smith?

Isn't he already in the game? So you could just edit the string from British Bulldog to Davey Boy Smith?

I was looking at it as a retro version of bulldog. 

Hope for Italian version! I would do it, but i'm not that good with all programming stuff  :'(

It is just name's copy-paste, with Xpacker

i just wanna ask if the strings 32C9 to 32E7 namely Wrestlemania to Wrestlemania 31 are being used somewhere in the game? i wanna change it for my attire names. (wrestlemania 1-10 are changed to attire 1 - attire 10 already)

same question for strings 3521 to 353F.

Hope for Italian version! I would do it, but i'm not that good with all programming stuff  :'(

i just wanna ask if the strings 32C9 to 32E7 namely Wrestlemania to Wrestlemania 31 are being used somewhere in the game? i wanna change it for my attire names. (wrestlemania 1-10 are changed to attire 1 - attire 10 already)

As far as I know both those sections should be fine. If they are used somewhere I would guess that it is somewhere within the Universe show creation menus.

As far as I know both those sections should be fine. If they are used somewhere I would guess that it is somewhere within the Universe show creation menus.

i see, these strings can be edited using hex right? because i don't have xpacker to edit it.

i see, these strings can be edited using hex right? because i don't have xpacker to edit it.

Yes. I believe there is a tutorial on the 2K15 PC forum. You can check that out if you get stuck.

------------------------------

@kim666 and @MinchoSheen have kindly provided me with German and Spanish string updates. I'm away at the moment, but I'll look to make a second release with these strings included sometime this week.

If anyone would like to provide me with strings for any other languages I'd happily include those as well.

I also plan on taking this opportunity to add few additional names to the strings as well. So, if anyone can think of names that should be included in the new release, please let me know in this thread.

Yes. I believe there is a tutorial on the 2K15 PC forum. You can check that out if you get stuck.

------------------------------

@kim666 and @MinchoSheen have kindly provided me with German and Spanish string updates. I'm away at the moment, but I'll look to make a second release with these strings included sometime this week.

If anyone would like to provide me with strings for any other languages I'd happily include those as well.

I also plan on taking this opportunity to add few additional names to the strings as well. So, if anyone can think of names that should be included in the new release, please let me know in this thread.

ok, gonna check it out now. thanks!

needing some help with this

okay so, I'm using the excellent Future Proof String and I see Dean Malenko on there, I grabbed Dean from somewhere (maybe here? unsure) and would like to assign him to the pre-made string, but the (pozzum) spreadsheet doesn't have it listed, the spreadsheet for the Future Proof has it listed with a String ID, not a slot number. so how do I assign a slot number? assuming it doesn't have one. I've managed to have zero problems aside from this and I'm so lost. so I'd appreciate any help. thanks

along with that, I enabled the Bubba Ray Dudley slot that is listed on the spreadsheets (pozzums and Future String) and it shows as Motion whatever and not Bubba

everyone else I've setup (Shinsuke, AJ, the 2K15 ports, Eddie and Chavo, etc) all have their names, while Bubba doesn't, among with other slots I tried :( any idea?

I know this is slightly off topic but I wanted to point out something having bought UFC 2. In that game CM Punk is actually named CM Punk not his real life name of Philip Brooks.

• Like 1

@MRG

For Dean, your best best is to ask Pozzum what slot he would recommend. Then just rename the pac file, and the pach files inside it to correspond. Really it can go in any open slot, you just need to make sure that you use a pofo that points to the correct string ID.

For Bubba, since the name you are getting seems to be the default one for that slot I would say that you haven't injected Bubba's pofo file. The pofo files are what tells the game to use a certain string for a certain character.

@pozzum

I'll add Holm and Tate. Also going to add Nate and Nick Diaz. Conor is already included.

Unless there is overwhelming support for it, I think I'll exclude Phil. As @OnyxRain mentioned, he has primarily been going by his stage name in UFC as well.

Let me know if there are any other UFC names that people would like.