FUTURE-PROOF STRING v9.0 --- Aussi en Francais...Je Suis Moutarde!

LordJustice17

If I get time I'm going to work on version 2 of the string tonight. I'm looking for two contributions from the community:

A) I've already received German and Spanish string versions, but if anyone else would like to contribute a version for other languages I'd love to add it in.

B) MORE name suggestions!

Can we have a french version please ?

If I get time I'm going to work on version 2 of the string tonight. I'm looking for two contributions from the community:

A) I've already received German and Spanish string versions, but if anyone else would like to contribute a version for other languages I'd love to add it in.

Are you volunteering?

• Like 2

Are you volunteering?

I don't know modding sorry...

PS: Sorry for my english i'm french

Hmm... I'm totally new in this modding thing and by now have one (maybe stupid) question:

Do I have to do something else as described in pozzums tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIyr2p1qg_Q), if i want to use the german string file? The download-link in the first post here contains only one file so I combined, the german "string" must be in there also. But do I have to pick different codes or something? I'm asking, because so far injecting pofo did not work... :-)

Are you volunteering?

Everyone has the capacity to learn. A year ago I "didn't know modding" either.

Hmm... I'm totally new in this modding thing and by now have one (maybe stupid) question:

Do I have to do something else as described in pozzums tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIyr2p1qg_Q), if i want to use the german string file? The download-link in the first post here contains only one file so I combined, the german "string" must be in there also. But do I have to pick different codes or something? I'm asking, because so far injecting pofo did not work... :-)

It's all the same string. It contains various languages but the IDs are the same for each. Make sure that you don't have a backup string file anywhere in your WWE2K16 file or the game will pick that up instead. Also make sure you are using up-to-date pofos that are designed to work with the string.

• Like 1

Are you volunteering?

Everyone has the capacity to learn. A year ago I "didn't know modding" either.

It's all the same string. It contains various languages but the IDs are the same for each. Make sure that you don't have a backup string file anywhere in your WWE2K16 file or the game will pick that up instead. Also make sure you are using up-to-date pofos that are designed to work with the string.

Thank you very much! Problem was the old string file and now i got punk in my game! :-)
Problem now is to insert the entrance animation, but im progressing... ;-)

• Like 1

Updated my original list with a few additions, and made it easier to read:

AJ Lee
AJ Styles
Alberto Del Rio
Alex Shelley
Alexa Bliss
Animal
Anjelico
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Ares
Batista (Retro)
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Brian Kendrick
Bruan Strowman
Bubbah Ray Dudley
Buff Bagwell
Carmella
Chad Gable
Charlotte
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Hero
Chris Sabin
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Corey Graves
Daniel Bryan (Retro)
"Darewolf" PJ Black
Dash Wilder
Dean Malenko
Diesel
Doc Gallows
Doink the Clown
Drew Galloway
D-Von Dudley
ECIII
Eddie Guerrero
Epico
Godfather
Goldberg
Great Khali
Great Muta
Hawk
Hollywood Hogan
Hugh Morrus
Hulk Hogan
Jack Evans
James Storm
Jason Jordan
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
John Morrison
Jushin Thunder Liger
Karl Anderson
Kenny Omega
Kurt Angle
La Parka
Lance Storm
Manik
Matt Hardy
Matt Jackson
Matt Sydal
Mr. Anderson
Nick Jaskson
Primo
Randy Orton (Retro)
Razor Ramon
Rey Mysterio
Rhyno
Rick Steiner
Rick Steiner (early 90s)
Ricochet
Road Dogg
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Sasha Banks
Saturn
Scott Dawson
Scott Steiner
Scott Steiner (early 90s)
Sean O'Haire
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sid Vicious
Tazz
Ted Dibiase
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Tomko
Tommaso Ciampa
Ultimo Dragon
Vampiro

I don't understand how to use this string in Italian ...... 

I know this is a help question but it very much relates to this thread as it deals with move string values. So I hope it's ok for me to ask this here instead of the help section. If not then my apologies.

In the name string there are numbers for the names IE: 1028 = Ted Dibiase, 053a = Bryan Danielson and 0623 = Mike Tyson ect. My question is if I wanted to add my own names since I know I'm not going to add all those wrestlers and there are some I'd like to see that are sort of my own creation for my own Fed is there any way to figure out what their name translates into for the four numbers? One would be for example Kaptain Skitzo, Another would be say Wildman Bonedad. Just to give two examples. Thanks for any help.

I know this is a help question but it very much relates to this thread as it deals with move string values. So I hope it's ok for me to ask this here instead of the help section. If not then my apologies.

In the name string there are numbers for the names IE: 1028 = Ted Dibiase, 053a = Bryan Danielson and 0623 = Mike Tyson ect. My question is if I wanted to add my own names since I know I'm not going to add all those wrestlers and there are some I'd like to see that are sort of my own creation for my own Fed is there any way to figure out what their name translates into for the four numbers? One would be for example Kaptain Skitzo, Another would be say Wildman Bonedad. Just to give two examples. Thanks for any help.

I have added pozzum's string.pac and get ppv names for my injected pofo's. An example is I have RVD pofo in slot 256 and AJ Styles in 472. There names show up as Backlash 01 and Royal Rumble 01. It is very annoying as I am not sure how to fix this. I have injected with both x-packer and cheat engine but I get the same results. 

Help would be greatly appreciated 

it's not really a translation, it's more like a slot number.  you'd have to go and add those names to your string files, overwriting some of the names you won't be using. and using the string names associated with what you deleted.

I have added pozzum's string.pac and get ppv names for my injected pofo's. An example is I have RVD pofo in slot 256 and AJ Styles in 472. There names show up as Backlash 01 and Royal Rumble 01. It is very annoying as I am not sure how to fix this. I have injected with both x-packer and cheat engine but I get the same results. 

it's not really a translation, it's more like a slot number.  you'd have to go and add those names to your string files, overwriting some of the names you won't be using. and using the string names associated with what you deleted.

Problem with that is the limit to the length of the names then in most cases. Most of the names so far in my personal string file match your chart as the name "Press Space". If what you're saying is the case then I'm stuck with making sure the names fit 11 characters? If that's true then the name Shinsuke Nakamura is way to long to fit in slot 483. I don't really know since he's one I don't plan to add to my own game.

I don't understand how to use this string in Italian ...... 

There isn't an Italian version because no one has undertaken to make one yet. If someone wants to use my list of IDs to create an Italian version I will gladly add it to the string.pac file as I did with the German and Spanish versions contributed by kim666 and MinchoSheen respectively.

Problem with that is the limit to the length of the names then in most cases. Most of the names so far in my personal string file match your chart as the name "Press Space". If what you're saying is the case then I'm stuck with making sure the names fit 11 characters? If that's true then the name Shinsuke Nakamura is way to long to fit in slot 483. I don't really know since he's one I don't plan to add to my own game.

Find another string that is longer than 11 characters that is replaceable, and then assign that ID to your custom modded character using a custom pofo file. By replaceable I mean something that won't negatively effect other parts of the game. For example, you probably don't want to replace the names for menu items.

If you have no plans on using the custom attire naming scheme that I added in there I would recommend using those strings. Use @pozzum's string list and you will be able see both the modded string and the original string. The usable length is determined by the original string.

PS: I would recommend against overwriting Mike Tyson or Ted Dibiase. Dibiase is actually a default string that I just added to the list for quick reference, and Mike Tyson replaces all "The Enforcer" entries so changing it would effect Showcase mode.

I actually like Mike Tyson there and I  wasn't planning to remove Dibiase. This still leaves me with a great dilemma since I really hate removing anyone from the game. I was hoping not to have to settle on CAWs but now it looks as if I may just have to do that which is a bother but nothing I guess I can't live with. The two names I gave are far longer then 11 so I'd need pretty long names and that would mean replacing actual superstars. Not really something I wanted to do but now it's something I will have to seriously think about.

I actually like Mike Tyson there and I  wasn't planning to remove Dibiase. This still leaves me with a great dilemma since I really hate removing anyone from the game. I was hoping not to have to settle on CAWs but now it looks as if I may just have to do that which is a bother but nothing I guess I can't live with. The two names I gave are far longer then 11 so I'd need pretty long names and that would mean replacing actual superstars. Not really something I wanted to do but now it's something I will have to seriously think about.

Look at Pozzum's string file list. Like I said above, if you don't need the custom attire scheme you can replace those, lots of long ones. Start at 6BCB and go down. 

You don't need to replace. You can add. You just need to create pofo files that point to whatever string you changed.

Edited by LordJustice17

Look at Pozzum's string file list. Like I said above, if you don't need the custom attire scheme you can replace those, lots of long ones. Start at 6BCB and go down. 

Right now I'm just looking at your future string list from 6BCB down and I see these:

6BCB                            Territory Era
6BCC                            PG Era
6BCD                            Ruthless Aggression Era
6BCE                            Golden Era
6BCF                            Attitude Era
6BD0                        Balor Club    
6BD1    Short Hair                        
6BD2                Japan            
6BD3    Long Hair                            
6BD6                            CHICAGO 2
6BD7                            SPIDER
6BD8                            PHANTOM
6BD9                            HART
6BDA                            YANKEE
6BDB                            MACHO
6BDC                            JOKER
6BDD                            PUNISHER
6BDE                            DEMON
6BDF                            VENOM
6BE0                        BULLET CLUB    
6BE1        BLACK                    
6BE2        BLACK 2                    
6BE3        BLACK 3                    
6BE4        BLUE2                    
6BE5        BLUE3                    
6BE6        BROWN                    
6BE7        CAMO                    
6BE8        GOLD                    
6BE9        GREEN 2                    
6BEA        GREEN 3                    
6BEB        ORANGE                    
6BEC        ORANGE 2                    
6BED        PINK                    
6BEE        PINK 2                    
6BEF        PURPLE                    
6BF0        PURPLE 2                    
6BF1        RED 2                    
6BF2        RED 3                    
6BF3        WHITE                    
6BF4        WHITE 2                    
6BF5        WHITE 3                    
6BF6        YELLOW                    
6BF7        YELLOW 2                    
6BD5            WRESTLEMANIA 32                
6BFC                MEXICO            
6BFD                NJPW            
6BFE                NOAH            
6BFF                INDY            
6C00                ROH            
6C01                TNA            
6C02                UFC            
6C03                WWF            
6e2c                NXT            
a0bf        POLKA DOTS                    
a21c        BLUE                    
a222        GREEN                    
a224        MONOCHROME                    
a228        RED                    
c8af                        APA    
c919                        MINISTRY    
c929                        NEXUS    
c94a                        ROCKERS    
c962                        TOO COOL    
c973                        WOLFPAC    

I don't see any wrestler names there but I'll look at them vs the table then to see what he has to go by. Maybe I'm just missing something since these don't look like wrestler names I have things way off in my head. Thanks for the replies Lord Justice.

Adding a stupid question because I'm lost at this point on where those 4 digits are found on Possums table?

@OnyxRain

Pozzum's String

Basically each character consists of a pac file, a pofo, and a moveset.

The pac file contains the model and textures. It is named with the appropriate slot number, and copied into the ch folder.

The moveset and pofo must be injected into the save file using either CheatEngine or Xpacker. They are injected into the corresponding slot. So if you have a character named ch555, then your moveset and pofo must be injected into slot 555 in the save file.

The pofo contains the wrestler info. Part of this is the string ID. You can put any string ID you want here. That's the purpose of the future string. When characters are released the names will already be somewhere in the string, so all that is needed to use them is to have the pofo file point to the right string ID.

So for your custom characters you can put their names anywhere they will fit in the string (as long as you don't overwrite some text that will effect something else in game. Then you create a pofo (which you would need to create anyway), which points to the string ID you set up.

PS: You may also look at these strings if you never plan to use the MyCareer characters from 2K15:

6B0DFlash Silva
6B0EEl Hondero
6B0FTommy Wall
6B10Ray Rich
6B11Zeus Tucker
6B12Barron Blade
Edited by LordJustice17

I probably won't use those since what I'm actually doing and always do with WWE games is use them to make my own Fed. I appreciate the help and pointing me in the right direction. Now I just need to wrap my head around this to make sure I got it and it sinks in so I understand it all correctly.

If I use this, I can't use Cave Waverider's attire unlock string at the same time? How do I install attire mods as multiple attires without overwriting the default one then?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I asked in another thread and the reply wasn't very clear.

If I use this, I can't use Cave Waverider's attire unlock string at the same time? How do I install attire mods as multiple attires without overwriting the default one then?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I asked in another thread and the reply wasn't very clear.

you can use them at the same time basically install cave waverider's mod but dont install the string.pac file and you can use future proof string

sorry for bad english

• Like 2

you can use them at the same time basically install cave waverider's mod but dont install the string.pac file and you can use future proof string

sorry for bad english

Oh right I totally forgot, I can still use the unlocker just without its string file. I completely forgot how it worked.

Thanks a lot.

sorry for bad english

Oh right I totally forgot, I can still use the unlocker just without its string file. I completely forgot how it worked.

Thanks a lot.

no problem :D

Just wanted to ask, is it possible for the modded strings to also have lowercases on match screen/arena nameplate, but still be in all capitals on the select menu? For example,

All the in-game peoples names appear in capitals on the select screen and most match screen/arena nameplates, but in some arenas (ECW for example), they are both upper and lowercase whilst the modded ones are all capitals.

Just wanted to ask, is it possible for the modded strings to also have lowercases on match screen/arena nameplate, but still be in all capitals on the select menu? For example,

All the in-game peoples names appear in capitals on the select screen and most match screen/arena nameplates, but in some arenas (ECW for example), they are both upper and lowercase whilst the modded ones are all capitals.

That is because the default characters in game use three separate strings. There are slots for uppercase, lowercase, and social media. We don't have room in the string file to do that for every character so instead, for custom characters, we assign the same string ID for all three slots. Therefore everything is uppercase, because that is how it is in the string. 

If you really need both upper and lowercase, you could do a custom edit of your string file, replacing names you won't need. Then you would have to edit the string ID references in all the pofos for custom characters you are using.

• Like 1