FUTURE-PROOF STRING v9.0 --- Aussi en Francais...Je Suis Moutarde!

LordJustice17

I am really not sure what's happening with the string files for you guys but works no problem for me. Things to make sure are that you do not overwrite the full stop separating each string, make sure no backups of your string.pac are in your game folder and do not use the backspace key if you make a mistake.

• Like 1

a9xzxc.png

What a stupid rookie mistake! My sting backupfile was still in the directory. Cheers @beast

I can change kama too..no problem...but not santino :(

started from scratch and now it works :)

Yeah but 4000 / 4002 / 4003 / 4004 / 4005 / 4009 are all different languages

Which one is which language? I tried changing all the "Special Enforcer" strings to Mike Tyson (and zeroing out the unneeded characters with HXD) in 4000.pac/1000.zlib but it didn't work, so I'm guessing I edited the wrong one. My game is set to English in it's Steam properties, although I'm not sure if it's the British or US English one, as there's only one choice.

Update: I restarted Steam and it worked for some reason. Very odd.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Can you put those steps up again correctly? I know I'm doing something wrong and I just want to make sure I do them right. If you don't feel like it no worry. I'll just give it another go tomorrow when I have the chance with the directions you already wrote up.

I know most of them are in the game but I'd love to see some updated divas especially the ones with the most changes like Emma and The Bellas and also Paige recently with her grey/silver hair

Can you reserve the following strings and slots for me please:

Slotwrestlerstring
460 Hogan69e6
256 rvd69e4
461 Scott Steiner69e8
462 Rick Steiner69E2
463 Goldberg69EA
464 Kurt Angle69EC
465 Sabu69EE
466  Sandman69F0
467  Benoit69F2
105  Bubba Ray6A00
106  Devon69F4
468  Jeff Jarette69F6
469  Tomko69F8
470  Buff Bagwell69FA
471 Jeff Hardy69FC
472  AJ Styles69FE
473 Sid Vicious6A02

Can you reserve the following strings and slots for me please:

Slotwrestlerstring
460 Hogan69e6
256 rvd69e4
461 Scott Steiner69e8
462 Rick Steiner69E2
463 Goldberg69EA
464 Kurt Angle69EC
465 Sabu69EE
466  Sandman69F0
467  Benoit69F2
105  Bubba Ray6A00
106  Devon69F4
468  Jeff Jarette69F6
469  Tomko69F8
470  Buff Bagwell69FA
471 Jeff Hardy69FC
472  AJ Styles69FE
473 Sid Vicious6A02

Reserved

It would also be nice if you could include the following to ensure compatibility to the upcoming 2k16 version of the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock so I won't have include my own string.pac in the unlocker (and people won't have to choose which one to use):

32C9 Attire 1
32CA Attire 2
32CB Attire 3
32CC Attire 4
32CD Attire 5
32CE Attire 6
32CF Attire 7
32D0 Attire 8 
32D1 Attire 9
32D2 Attire 10

The above are originally the strings for WRESTLEMANIA - WRESTLEMANIA 10 (just in case you're searching in the wrong endianness), just like last year.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

It would also be nice if you could include the following to ensure compatibility to the upcoming 2k16 version of the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock so I won't have include my own string.pac in the unlocker (and people won't have to choose which one to use):

32C9 Attire 1
32CA Attire 2
32CB Attire 3
32CC Attire 4
32CD Attire 5
32CE Attire 6
32CF Attire 7
32D0 Attire 8 
32D1 Attire 9
32D2 Attire 10

The above are originally the strings for Wrestlemania - Wrestlemania 10 (just in case you're searching in the wrong endianness), just like last year.

Thank you very much!

Will do sir.

I believe pozzum said he is working on adding the string IDs to his sheets sometime tonight possibly. Once that happens I can start creating the future string file. With that in mind...

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY MORE REQUESTS OF NAMES TO ADD TO THE LIST??

• Like 1

Wonderful, thank you.

Oh, and it might also be a good idea to rename all the "Special Enforcer" strings to "Mike Tyson".

• Like 1

OK ALL, I'm starting to put together the string tonight, so if anyone has requests as to names that should be added, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!

• Like 1

Thread Updated. String released.

I will try to create a german version of the string file, so we can merge them.

The ID list is up on the main post (just follow the download link to see it)

----------

I was editing the thread post, and didn't see these new comments.......luckily all of those names mentioned have already been included.

Edited by LordJustice17
  • Like 1

• pozzum pinned this topic

I fell off the mod scene in 2k15, but am back for 2k16; what exactly is this string file used for? Don't I still have to use cheat engine or something to install modded superstars? Also, thanks for your hard work! 

Edited by jayford

I fell off the mod scene in 2k15, but am back for 2k16; what exactly is this string file used for? Don't I still have to use cheat engine or something to install modded superstars? Also, thanks for your hard work! 

this allows modded stars to have the correct in game name.

How do we unlock the strings? Since I was already working on a Khali and now his name is in that new string list. I'd rather just put him there. There's a whole lot of names on that list that aren't unlocked at all they have to be hidden. So how do I unhide them and make use of them in some way? I know stupid questions but remember I'm the one full of stupid questions because I'm so new to all this but I want this to work for me too. It's why I bought 15 and 16 just to do what I want to do and not have to be stuck on the PS4 version. So any help you all give really helps me a lot!

How do we unlock the strings? Since I was already working on a Khali and now his name is in that new string list. I'd rather just put him there. There's a whole lot of names on that list that aren't unlocked at all they have to be hidden. So how do I unhide them and make use of them in some way? I know stupid questions but remember I'm the one full of stupid questions because I'm so new to all this but I want this to work for me too. It's why I bought 15 and 16 just to do what I want to do and not have to be stuck on the PS4 version. So any help you all give really helps me a lot!

You assign IDs to characters by changing the string ID in their pofo files. Pofo files are basically small files that are injected into the save file (via X-Packer or Cheat Engine), that contain all the basic information about a superstar.

You know this is probably a stupid question to all of you that have been around doing this for awhile but what does "pofo" stand for and where would I find that in a wrestlers file? I mean I'd need to know that to even know how to extract and then re-inject it. For me it's little things that mean a lot. I have so much to learn and I want to learn it. I believe in paying things forward and if I can do these things then later I can help someone else do the same.