Tekken57's mods - Facial animations on mods last page

tekken57

Tekken, I'm slowly trying to get into attire based modding, do you have a basic tutorial anywhere on how to add objects to other characters (Adding a shirt to Sheamus for example)

I came up with a basic step by step last year in this thread if that helps you out: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/58168-adding-clothes-to-yobj-xrey/?do=findComment&comment=746151

There is also a lot of discussion in that thread re troubleshooting certain problems.

• Like 3

Something new I've been working on, not sure if I'll release this as there are so many mods of this guy on the forum already. Anyways I just wanted to get opinions on this.

90% of this mod is from @MinchoSheen 's excellent AJ Style mod. I have taken the hair and attire textures from his mod. I've used his face texture with modifications, my own body textures and a face which I've created from scratch from another model. I also added a 3d beard Thank you kindly to him for allowing my to use his work in my mod.

What do you guys think?:

styles_2k16.jpg

• Like 4

Something new I've been working on, not sure if I'll release this as there are so many mods of this guy on the forum already. Anyways I just wanted to get opinions on this.

90% of this mod is from @MinchoSheen 's excellent AJ Style mod. I have taken the hair and attire textures from his mod. I've used his face texture with modifications, my own body textures and a face which I've created from scratch from another model. I also added a 3d beard Thank you kindly to him for allowing my to use his work in my mod.

What do you guys think?:

styles_2k16.jpg

we on the same page!

this is very good, butd disturbed by his bang

just my opnion :)

this is awesome

aj styles face looking great nice work.there is already many styles mods here.but i am curious how the final product would look in game.waiting for more updates on aj styles.

Not gonna lie. Not really feeling that Styles honestly. The head is so wide and the neck is so small. The beard and the eyes look weird too.

so many people create AJ Styles. I find the model of TNA Impact game awesome. has anyone ever tried to modding the TNA Impact game Model to WWE2k? or the TNA attirer from the Game?

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/TheKidGlory/media/ajstyles2.jpg.html

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/TheKidGlory/media/_MG_5391.jpg.html

everyone makes the new AJ. or the NJPW AJ, ROH AJ, Indy AJ. But I love the F ** TNA AJ Styles! with short hair. and his hooded jacket. but not the Baby Face AJ from NWA. the Aj from 2009 / 2010. why not someone created this AJ? with Jacket! the jacket would be times a challenge

Not gonna lie. Not really feeling that Styles honestly. The head is so wide and the neck is so small. The beard and the eyes look weird too.

I based the mod on this era:

Make more tweaks to the eyes and will work on the neck a bit more. It's difficult to get the neck longer as the head is hacked onto another model.

hi,

how can we add the new attire for Hogan as the classic or the yellow and red  as i pated them in the Pac\ch and still did not show in the game ? 

i am using the Tekken57  Hogan mod

Won't make a phenomenal joke but I think the Styles is definitely worth working on, I can absolutely see him in the model, and that's nothing but a good indication! 

best to recognize him in the 2nd picture, the nose and the area of the mouth. This is AJ Styles! glad to play with him! He could be the best ^^ this face, with TNA attirer and I only play with your AJ in wwe2k16 xD

I think this will be another nice AJ. You guys need to remember that the in-game preview is very early. I think the eye color could use a little tweaking, though. ;)

The eye area is giving me issues because the head is from another model. The eyes appear dark and move weirdly, will have to look at the bones to see if there's something wrong there. Here's a TNA attire preview, everything on the model is my work. I hand drew all the attire textures:

• Like 6

The eye area is giving me issues because the head is from another model. The eyes appear dark and move weirdly, will have to look at the bones to see if there's something wrong there. Here's a TNA attire preview, everything on the model is my work. I hand drew all the attire textures:

Oh!  That's my favorite Styles attire.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Question, are you using the TNA Impact texture on the face?  If not:

2ccpieb.jpg

IMO, that face needs tons of work in the morph, too, especially the jaw, eyes, and eyebrows.  Keep working in those areas.  And not sure which model you used, but personally, I would have used one like Jericho...body wise, they aren't far off from each other...and Jericho is also a model/guy that has the droopy looking skin area over the eyes like AJ does...would likely help the eyes in looking more correct.  Just a thought.

ll.0.jpgAJ_Styles_pro.0.0.pngaj-styles-122.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Edited by WolfgangJT

@WolfgangJT , thanks for the refs and the feedback. The third ref was especially helpful. I've resculpted the eye and eyebrow area changing the angle of the eyes, making them more droopy at the sides. Also added some age lines around the eye area. Shaped the jaw area to make it look more like the ref pic and also increased the overall width of the head.

Is this any better? Any other suggestions:

• Like 2

Yeah, that's MUCH better in the shaping above the eyes, definitely.  IMO, I'd see what you can do to reverse age it some though.  IMO, his eyebags and crow's feet areas aren't as defined as you have it.

This pic is current version of him...as you can see, in most lighting (even currently), his "eyebags" are practically non-existent...same with the crow's feet.  So if you are going to have those detail there, I'd make them faint if you can...so it doesn't look too over-done.  Trim the jaw inward a bit more, and possible squint the eyes a bit more too...they look a bit too open.  Also, make the eyebrow hair thinner vertically (i.e. not as bushy looking)...and lower them.

AJ_Styles_pro.0.0.png

Better look at his eyebrows...obviously, this pic makes them look darker than they are, so make sure you keep them faint looking.  But this should help you in their shaping in the hair...also note, the eyebrow hair practically fades away from about mid-eye outward...

34i3jmx.jpg

aj_styles_2.jpg

5da154.jpg

Edited by WolfgangJT

I've updated the model again.

- Decreased the height of the eyes

- Shaped the outer ends of the eye area a lot more to make it more v shaped

- Decreased the eye age detail on the model and texture. This is about as much I can reduce it on the model

- Decreased the width of the jaw

- Redid the eyebrow texture as suggested

The texture looks good in 3dsmax, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the models as he looks too pale. Will have to make adjustments to the texture:

styles_2k16_update2_max.jpg

styles_2k16_update2.jpg

Looks good. Aside from the fact that he fell asleep in the tanning bed with a bag over his head. :p

On a side note I found a bug in Xpacker (I believe it is still present in the current version but I can't confirm at the moment). Basically, when decompressing files, they won't be decompressed if there is a space anywhere in XPacker's file path. I believe this is because your batch file for decompressing doesn't have quotation marks around the XP install path.

ex: "C:/Programs/XP/Xpacker.exe" would work whereas "C:/Programs/XP 2016/Xpacker.exe" wouldn't due to the space between XP and 2016.