[AEB: Arena Conversion v0.5] and MORE! (NOTICE: Links Being Removed Soon)

LordJustice17

They are all bink2 files so options for replacement are minimal, however some of the retro arenas use ones that appear to be more static and neutral.

Cannot wait for the next release. Also its a shame cause the WWF Block Logo would be sick but gotta make do with what the game has.

Edited by Gammah88

They are all bink2 files so options for replacement are minimal, however some of the retro arenas use ones that appear to be more static and neutral.

I was under the thought that we could render a video Bink it to a .bnk file and then rename it to a .bk2 file and the game would accept it, does that not actually work? or is there an issue with the name cards specifically. @.@

The game will work, as in won't crash, but the renamed bink files just show up as black screens.

It's not that easy fellas... The bink files are developer bink files. It's just black if you try to do it your own.

I don't see the issue personally. Not worth the headache to just get a F on the golden era logo. Lol.

And to clear confusion, the nameplates are still fully animated. Not static.. Just as you see in other retro arenas.

Couldnt we grab ones from legends of wrestlemania?

Nameplates? I doubt they are in the same format, but anything is worth a try. Do you have the game files?

The game will work, as in won't crash, but the renamed bink files just show up as black screens.

Hmm, I just read that's the process they use to replace titantrons, I wonder what the difference is, perhaps it's the translucency that's the issue.

Have you done any experimenting with the screen transitions?  I know some of the older arenas only have a WWE Logo Transition, changing it to a classic logo somehow might be a decent change for this mod while it's still in beta. (It should be pac\evt\evtmov_transition_dlc60.pac for the Warrior DLC)

I think the Legends Of Wrestlemania nameplates are static from looking at videos and i dont have the game files sorry (digital download on 360). And the file your talking about pozzum has just WWE2K15 logo transitions thats it.

Edited by Gammah88

I think the Legends Of Wrestlemania nameplates are static from looking at videos and i dont have the game files sorry (digital download on 360). And the file your talking about pozzum has just WWE2K15 logo transitions thats it.

Yeah I know, but they are still the transitions used for the Old school arenas so I'm wondering if those are able to be replaced.

Renamed bink files??

Even if you rename the .bnk as .bk2 it's still a .bnk file I think.

Maybe that's the problem. 

When you're making a bink, you have to save it as a .bk2 when you make it. 

You need "Rad Video Tools" of course. 

Example:

If you're binking it while it says "bnk" it's going to be a Bink file.

image.jpg 

You have to change the extension from .bnk to .bk2 before you bink the video

image.jpg

Edited by JDB

The nameplates are Red's baby so he might be able to explain this better, but my understanding is that the publicly available Rad Tools can only save Bink files. The developer only Rad Tools are needed to encode a file as Bink2. Obviously we don't have access to the developer only tools, so we are SOL.

And yes it is still a Bink file even if you rename it. That's the problem as the game expects to be reading Bink2 files.

Edited by LordJustice17

The nameplates are Red's baby so he might be able to explain this better, but my understanding is that the publicly available Rad Tools can only save Bink files. The developer only Rad Tools are needed to encode a file as Bink2. Obviously we don't have access to the developer only tools, so we are SOL.

And yes it is still a Bink file even if you rename it. That's the problem as the game expects to be reading Bink2 files.

That's incorrect man. Public rad tools save as bink 2. I showed you how in my last post. 

Before you bink the file, change the extension from .bnk to .bk2 and you have a bink 2 file. 

If we couldn't save as bink2, then no one would be replacing titantrons lol. 

Edited by JDB

Ah, I responded before you edited your post.

I'll have to pass that on to Red. I'm sure he'll be excited to try it out.

Thanks. :)

Ah, I responded before you edited your post.

I'll have to pass that on to Red. I'm sure he'll be excited to try it out.

Thanks. :)

You're welcome man. I hope this helps you guys out. 

I just know that when replacing titantrons, if you don't rename bnk to bk2 it won't work. So I figured this would be the same situation. 

• Like 1

Lol. That's not the correct file man.

If it was that easy, trust me. I would of figured it out. Not trying to sound arrogant but the way you came off sounds like you know what you don't. I don't mean that mean either man.. Lol sorry if it does!! You know I'm not like that :)

The titantrons are a whole different game. If you Get it to work, then post in here with that same resilience.

Also, pozzum, the transitions use wwe 2k15 logo. You cannot use a static image for them. I removed all transitions so they are just not there. I'm not substituting something there when it's blank now and works better. Thanks for the suggestion.

And to follow up, go to rad tools and compare a default 2k bink file with one you make, you'll see the difference. I promise.

Edited by TheBleedingRed21

Lol. That's not the correct file man.

If it was that easy, trust me. I would of figured it out. Not trying to sound arrogant but the way you came off sounds like you know what you don't. I don't mean that mean either man.. Lol sorry if it does!! You know I'm not like that :)

The titantrons are a whole different game. If you Get it to work, then post in here with that same resilience.

Also, pozzum, the transitions use wwe 2k15 logo. You cannot use a static image for them. I removed all transitions so they are just not there. I'm not substituting something there when it's blank now and works better. Thanks for the suggestion.

" the way you came off sounds like you know what you don't. "

Came off sounding like I was trying to help?

Thanks for your response. I'll keep my suggestions to myself from now on. 

Btw, you don't sound arrogant, you sound like an asshole. 

I took offense to your last statement about people wouldn't be doing titantrons.. Sounded like you were better than him.. Idk. I said I didn't mean it harshly.

If you don't wanna post in here, so be it :)

Thanks anyways.

Fwiw, I read that again, I didn't mean it how it sounded! I meant you were trying to say people were doing it so obviously that's the way it works and I was saying you were wrong in thinking that. Hope you understand that, I'm sorry.

Edited by TheBleedingRed21

I took offense to your last statement about people wouldn't be doing titantrons.. Sounded like you were better than him.. Idk. I said I didn't mean it harshly.

If you don't wanna post in here, so be it :)

Thanks anyways.

A simple "Still doesn't work" would have been more than enough for me.

The way he was talking, he didn't know how to make a bink 2 video. I assumed he didn't know. My intentions were good, wasn't talking down to anyone like you're trying to do. But fine, I'll stay away from you. 

Easy boys, many an internet fight is started due to the lack of tone and context. I believe that is what happened here. I don't think anyone intended any offense. Don't let misunderstandings get out of hand. :)

I've just installed the mod and the ropes haven't changed for me. What have I done wrong?

The mod as is won't work... Well will.. But not properly. Please wait until we release the new version with the DLC. Shouldn't be too much longer!