[Howto] Use mods on all PS3's

kim666

Do you have to have usb for this ?

Yes, you need a big usb hdd for this (500gb)

Is it possible to replace the in-game models of wrestlers with modded ones using this method?

Yes, you can't replace the in-game model (because it is on the blue ray disc) but you can add new modded attires.

• 4 weeks later...

Kim, thank you for doing this for those of us unfortunate people without cfw.  :)

So I need to make a PS3 hdd backup.  In this process, will I lose my current WWE 2k14 save data?  

I read this in the link you shared above:

The following copy-protected content will not be transferable:

• Digital Right Management (DRM)
  • PlayStation® format software game data
  • PlayStation®2 format software game data
  • PlayStation®3 format software Game Save Data flagged as unexportable

Would that include WWE 2k14?

Def Dave Copy Your PS3 Save Data onto a USB Flash Drive ;)

He can't copy a locked save to USB. My advice is, always play with unlocked saves.

Kim, thank you for doing this for those of us unfortunate people without cfw.   :)

So I need to make a PS3 hdd backup.  In this process, will I lose my current WWE 2k14 save data?  

I read this in the link you shared above:

The following copy-protected content will not be transferable:

• Digital Right Management (DRM)
  • PlayStation® format software game data
  • PlayStation®2 format software game data
  • PlayStation®3 format software Game Save Data flagged as unexportable

Would that include WWE 2k14?

I don't know, but you can simply test. Do you have some commandlinetool "skills"?

Pexploit is "just" a limited gui for ps3xport. You can also use the ps3xport directly, but it is a commandlinetool. Here a few commands, you need to rename the red marked folders to match yours:

ps3xport.exe SetDeviceID idps.bin ReadIndex 201412301852/archive.dat > archive.txt

and

ps3xport.exe SetDeviceID idps.bin ReadIndex 201412301852/archive2.dat > archive2.txt

This would give you 2 .txt files with all the files listed that are on your PS3 Hdd backup. "/dev_hdd0/home" contains the saves for all users. You can also extract this folder. Again you need to change the red marked folder to match yours:

ps3xport SetDeviceID idps.bin ExtractPath 201412301852 /dev_hdd0/home/ NEW

This would extract the savegame folder to a folder called NEW.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kim iv tried the idps on my computer several times however its having none of it, it does every thing up to the part where iv accepted the settings on my ps3, but then the programme does not drop the .bin file any chance you know of any other software I could use?

Some archive files in a ps3 hdd backup are encrypted with your console id, of course the wwe2k files are inside of this files.

However there are archive files that pexploit can still access, you can add the mod files to this archive files. After you restored the backup, you need to start your ps3 in safe mode and rebuild the database.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7762/~/ps3-hard-disk-drive-%28hdd%29-file-system-is-corrupted

• 4 weeks later...

wwe2k14

US:        /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31277/USRDIR

PAL:       /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01937/USRDIR

wwe2k15

US:         /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31464/USRDIR

PAL:        /dev_hdd0/game/BLES02072/USRDIR

Edited by kim666

Well I've got progress of a sort, however minuscule. Got the AJ Lee thing figured out pretty easy. I copied the catalog003 folder into that directory, but I'm not seeing anything in the selection screen.

How's everything going? I'm new to this site,but I used to mod on PS2.

I've tested your AJ glitch on my unmodded phat 40gb ps3 with 2k14 and it does do the glitch and I do see the npdlc on there but the names are all weird and the match never loads. I tried rebuilding the database, but it still never loads.Good news is the Aj glitch does work on ofw ps3.Also, I was able to keep my old gamesave when I restored. So I tested the glitch on a new user account. I did have to download my dlc again because the game said it was missing or broken. But it tookme about 10 mins to do so.

Its possible the mods weren't installed correctly as i couldn't get my console I.d.

Im going to try 2k15 next. I'll keep you posted.

Tried the Aj glitch on 2k15 on an ofw ps3 and it works. But theres no sign of the mods in the game list. They appeared in 2k14 but not here. Maybe the game save needs to be fixed?

From the looks of it. The mod files may not have installed. Is there a way to check to see if the custom dlc files installed into my backup correctly?

plexploit lite should work with both games but it is not that easy and it is untested.

On WWE2K14 the dlc gets installed with the game updates (but not activated). But if i'm not wrong, plexploit lite can not replace existing files, only add. That means you need to install WWE2K14 to your PS3 hdd without any game update. Then you must install the official game updates and the mod files with pexploit lite.

If you don't own any dlc for WWE2K15, you can simply install the mod files with pexploit lite and it should work, but if you own dlc. you must reinstall the game to ps3hdd and install all game updates. Then install all dlc, dlc fix (look at andy's dlc topic) and mod files with pexploit lite.

You need to rebuild the database on both games.

If it works, you can also get the official dlc for free (but maybe with ban risk)

I don't know what you mean with spoofing the I.d.

Edited by kim666
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response! In the video posted, the guy uses pexploit 0.3,which has the dlc option. In the new version (.08), that option has been taken out. So I downloaded version 0.3 and am going to try it out.Also, maybe you should let others know they will need lots of hdd space on their pc,because pexploit makes a backup copy of your backup onto the pc.

So, basically I have to delete my game data and reinstall from scratch? And I have to upgrade 2k11 using pexploit and not psn?

And I.d. spoofing is supposed to give pexploit a fake idps.bin as a workaround so that pexploit can work.Obviously, this is not needed on pexploit lite.But, as you said,pxploit lite has not been tested.