*N00b Alert* go easy on my ?s... (PS3)

IWL Gamesmaster

So, I JUST got a PS3 for Christmas and have played through 2k14... I have all the DLC, and all 100 CaWs filled.

Now, just to warn everyone, I have a CLASSIC PS3-- with all the playback capabilities, but upgraded my HD to 500GB.

Alright, I've had a hard time figuring out exactly what stuff on these boards is ONLY working for 360, so I figured, I'd try to get everything pointed out al nice and pretty for me here:

My objective:

- Primarily, I'd like to use al of the glorious re-modeled renders of the existing 2k14 roster I'm finding on here (particularly

Warrior.)

- I'd also seen something about trons-- that could be handy for my alumni CaWs.

- at somepoint I may like to use my own PT stuff as well.

Now, where do I begin?

(Keep in mind: fresh, re-fab, classic PS3.)

I am somewhat computer savvy, but again, a bit confused as to what works where...

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

You need to be running custom firmware to be able to get into the PS3's inner workings. If you're currently running the latest firmware, then you will probably require the system to be flashed to get it downgraded to a firmware that can be exploited.

You could try Mushy Mods. You send them your console and they'll send it back downgraded, or if you're in the Sheffield area you can make an appointment and drop in and they'll do it there and then for you.

http://www.mushymods.com/index.html

EDIT: Just noticed you're in the US. You'll have to find a service in your area that can do similar thing.

Ok... I'm not located in the best gamer location, so would you have an idea in a price range I should consider reasonable for that?

(I'd expect I'll have to pay a bit more than that, but I'd rather not get cheated too badly.)