X-Packer 9 - How to inject caws, teams, custom arenas & finishers

tekken57

Thinking about buying, but wondering if there is any chance at a PT injector? I have a retail XBox360. If not, then will have to do things old fashioned way by DL'ing off CC, and buy KG's tool. I just don't have the time and skill to make logos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems with Rehash/Resign cas files, I used Modio and CONcept.

First I opened SaveData.dat file in Modio, CONcept

I saved Profile ID and Device ID from SaveData.dat

Then I opened .cas file and load saved Profile ID and Device ID

and then I press Rehash/Resign

What did I done Wrong?

I have problems with Rehash/Resign cas files, I used Modio and CONcept.

First I opened SaveData.dat file in Modio, CONcept

I saved Profile ID and Device ID from SaveData.dat

Then I opened .cas file and load saved Profile ID and Device ID

and then I press Rehash/Resign

What did I done Wrong?

Use Horizon or Breinj editor to Resign. Trust me.

Thinking about buying, but wondering if there is any chance at a PT injector? I have a retail XBox360. If not, then will have to do things old fashioned way by DL'ing off CC, and buy KG's tool. I just don't have the time and skill to make logos.

There are already a few tools which do paint tool injection and I dont want to code functionality which already exists.

• 1 month later...

Make sure you are injecting into a fresh save container each time. If you inject more than once into the same save container, Le Fluffie corrupts it.

I wanted to ask about this as I'v seen it a few times. Say I have my game with the savedata edited to add DLC etc. And now I want to add more people to my game. I'll extract the SaveData.Dat file then do the changes. Then do I have to inject/Replace this back into the same savedata it came from? Or do I have to use a new one (un-edited)?

As long as you have saved in-game since the last time you modded the SaveData.dat then it will be fine. (if you havent saved in-game then when you inject the extracted save with Le Fluffie it will corrupt the file)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having a problem ad I am a complete newb to modding these files.  A little background, I am using this game to determine draft order for 2 of my fantasy leagues.  We are using the royal rumble format for a 30 man tournament.  I have created custom wrestlers for all teams involved a nd one of the teams I created as a Diva, but obviously (unbeknownst) to me I can't add her in the Rumble.  This took me down the rabbit hole for modding.  I have followed the Xpacker tutorial, emailed Tekken57 (who has been a huge help) but I am stuck when trying to edit the wrestlers info.  I see all of my custom wrestlers but when I double click on them it just gives me a box to edit called Tron with a 3 digit number.  I went into the the extracted file and ran it under wrestler info and CAW info.  Wrestler info works fine, it's when I go and try to modify the CAW info is when this pops up

Thoughts?

X-Packer does not support editing caw info, the only info you can edit is the entrance tron. My suggestion would be to extract the caw info and change the gender value via hex. I don't know where in the file this value is stored, so you'll have to find it.

• 2 years later...

I have tried using this tutorial for injecting a CAW on PS3.

What I did was once the game loaded I went to hdd1 and downloaded unencrypted SAVE.DAT file and the whole save from savedata folder.

Then I deleted a CAW which I will try to inject later.

I opened save.dat on X-Packer 10 as CAW info. I extracted the CAW info of that particular CAW and later reinjected it to the same slot after deleting the CAW. I also uploaded back the cas file, i went to options->save manager and loaded the save, but the CAW did not appear.

What I did wrong? There are no other tutorials besides this. @tekken57

@N'Jadaka @kim666 @XIII XHP

Edited by Impaler

So you gotta keep the game(wwe 2k14) running the entire time

So you ftp'd into the ps3(while the gane was running) and grabbed the uncompressed save file.

Edited that save file

Then put that edited unencrypted save file fia ftp back into the exact same folder you got it(overwriting the current save file there)

Then in the game went to the options menu and saved the game in that menu.

Then you should be good.

But I'm pretty sure you dont need the decompressed save file to inject caws. That method is for injecting cdlc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, N'Jadaka said:

So you gotta keep the game(wwe 2k14) running the entire time

So you ftp'd into the ps3(while the gane was running) and grabbed the uncompressed save file.

Edited that save file

Then put that edited unencrypted save file fia ftp back into the exact same folder you got it(overwriting the current save file there)

Then in the game went to the options menu and saved the game in that menu.

Then you should be good.

But I'm pretty sure you dont need the decompressed save file to inject caws. That method is for injecting cdlc.

I've edited the post above to clarify what I did after the save was put back on the hdd.

"Then in the game went to the options menu and saved the game in that menu."

at this step - I have not saved the game, but I loaded the game (well to LOAD the changed save file :D ain't that logical?)

well x-packer says in the navigation menu that save must be decompressed.

though it seems strange I will try to save and not load the newly put save.dat file. :)

9 hours ago, Impaler said:

I've edited the post above to clarify what I did after the save was put back on the hdd.

"Then in the game went to the options menu and saved the game in that menu."

at this step - I have not saved the game, but I loaded the game (well to LOAD the changed save file :D ain't that logical?)

well x-packer says in the navigation menu that save must be decompressed.

though it seems strange I will try to save and not load the newly put save.dat file. :)

If you hit load its gonna load the original compressed save file thats in a different location altogether. You have to save it to overwrite that compressed file.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I tried and I tried and this just does not work. The last 3 hours I gave on this I tried doing this:

- made a backup save of both hdd1 save.dat and all the files in the usual save folder found in home..../BLES01937_SAVE
- took the uncompressed save.dat file, extracted via x-packer the info of one caw #65 I will try to reinject later
- went to cas and copy-pasted another caw from #85 over #65 (the caw overwritten was from community downloads if this makes any difference)
- left to main menu
- went to hdd1 took the save.dat, opened up in xpacker - I see details of the 85th CAW in place of CAW 65th. good. I inject the real #65 caw info file. file updated nicely.
- I put back save.dat to hdd1. go to options. save. go to CAS selection menu - 85th caw info is in place of 65th.
- I go back to hdd1 and grab save.dat file - wham the data from the real #85 caw is back in place where the injected caw #65 name (and data) should be.
- again went to hdd1 took the save.dat, opened up in xpacker - I see details of the 85th CAW I inject the real #65 caw info file. file updated nicely.
- I put back save.dat to hdd1. go to options. load this time. then right after loading I grab save.dat from hdd1. open it in x-packer. again the info of #85th caw is back in #65.

what I'm trying to say it whatever I do after injecting uncompressed save.dat - either I load or I dont caw info is just not injecting back.

then I decided to do this all again:

- took the uncompressed save.dat file, opened up in xpacker - I see details of the 85th CAW I inject the real #65 caw info file. file updated nicely.
- restarted game, put back save.dat file when the first game loading prompt appears where you have to press x to continue. press x. game says data corrupted. ok, perhaps because I did not bus the cas.064 file back to original save folder.
- restart again. put cas.064 file where it belongs, put save.dat to hdd1. press x to start game loading. - again data corrupted.

also if I read http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/55399-tutorial-howto-edit-the-wwe2k1415-savegame-on-ps3/

it is said there to load the data, not save when you put a new uncompressed save.dat after editing it. contradicts what you said @N'Jadaka

I truly believe that somebody with a PS3 have tried and did that caw injection successfully. please share thy wisdom as in step-by-step style :)

Caw save editing is different than pofo/cdlc editing for in-game chars. Two different things & techniques altogether. People could add & edit caws in the ps3 well before we discovered how to add cdlc to the ps3.

2 minutes ago, N'Jadaka said:

Did you ever download any of the caw injector tools?

No, I have not. Never. I hoped that xpacker will do this. You mean there are other tools for ps3 caw injection beside xpacker?