Just a quick modding question

jtolliver23

This is probably a dumb question, so I apologize in advance. I just got WWE 2k24 on my PC. I haven't modded since 2k19. Will the character mods from 2k23 work with 2k24? Just wondering because I haven't seen a Sting mod out for 2k24 yet, and was wondering if I could use one from 2k23 and if it would work? Thanks in advance.

Yes, but you have to 'port' it.  It's not as simple as drag and drop.  Lots of tutorials on YouTube on how to go about.  Here is one way.

Here is another.

And another...

Like the guy in the first video says.  If your mod crashes, make sure you

1) Reformatted the YCL file and check your HPL file

If your modded character has holes or invisible parts

2)  Check your HPL file and MTLS attire file.

If the face is completely black, or dark demon eyes, or some other weird texture, just

3)  Take the baseModel.mtls file from a 2K24 character (which is usually around 9kbs) and overwrite yours with it.

If the textures look weird, glitched, colored noise dots, etc,

4) Make sure the DDS files are DXT1 if they have to be DXT1 or DXT 10 if they have to be DXT 10 (like nrm for instance) or whatever format it is supposed to be.  Just drag and drop them into HXD and you will be able to see what they are.  You should already have the DDS plugins for Photoshop if you have modded in the past.

You probably haven't seen a Sting mod because no one wants to make one from scratch, so if they ported one over for themselves (like i did), you can't re-post it, because you would be copying someones mod without their permission, which is a 'Ich don't think so."

5a675d79-5ffc-49e3-bb88-09bc8d500a20_tex

Bjb2aI8.jpeg

From what I know, sometimes character mods from the previous version might work with the new one, but it's not guaranteed. It really depends on how much has changed between 2k23 and 2k24. If you haven't seen a Sting mod for 2k24 yet, it might be worth giving the 2k23 one a try. Just make sure to back up your files before you do.