New to modding, help!

Galiev49

I've been playing 2k23 for most of the last calendar year and I recently decided I wanted to try modding the game to make it more enjoyable. I've tried a couple different tutorials but neither ended up working and I currently haven't been able to launch the game when I try following the steps I've seen in a couple youtube videos (I assume I'll need to clear out everything I put in and start new). Could someone help give me a step-by-step dummies guide to modding, Caketools, and anything else needed? It would be greatly appreciated.

Before starting, back up your NBA 2K23 game files, download and install Caketools from its official website. Look for NBA 2K23 mods you like on modding sites or forums. Extract mod files and place them in the appropriate game folders. Launch NBA 2K23 to test each mod individually. Check for compatibility issues, reinstall Caketools if needed, and seek help from modding communities.