Easily replace any texture in game with Resorep!

SnakeSlippers

Posted (edited)

Want to replace in game textures/pictures the easiest way possible? This program is for you.

When you load the game this program will dump/save/download every texture on screen/around your character.

What you can easily replace:

Main Menu. Titles, title pictures, ref selection screen, everything in CAW from images to crowd signs to tattoos to hair/facial hair. Even any custom images you might of downloaded.

Hell in a cell, cage, backstage, arenas, microphones, weapons, sponsor signs, exit signs, announce desk, monitors, turnbuckle logos, any logo anywhere, match up screen.

Renders for wrestlers. (You can change the all black render for wrestlers without a render, but its shared between them all)

Anything you can think of to replace, you can EASILY.

No more importing/exporting/injecting/compressing/uncompressing/surgically dissecting files....

The website to get the program. https://www.undertow.club/downloads/resorep.1254/

You WILL NEED to register for the website but the tool is FREE. Use a email you dont care about or whatever. Just get that program.

Watch tutorial videos and make sure you have all the needed plugins for your picture editing software.

Paint.net, Gimp, Photoshop etc. You need to be able to export DDS files.

Some tips.........

You can run the program and when in game just run around like a maniac through every menu and option and let the program dump every texture you see on screen and some off screen but DONT.

It dumps all textures into the same folder. So everything is mixed and good luck trying to find the one texture you want.

I suggest, start the game. Go through all the main menu, all the options, Play, Universe, etc. But dont click on anything. Just go through all the menus and stuff. Move those folders to a different location. Now you have all the Main Menu textures. So when the game redumps them when you go to a different part of the game you can delete them.

I went into CAW mode. Dumped every texture in the image sections, tattoos, face paint, crowd signs, menu poses, attires, etc, etc. Putting every different type of "Dump" into a separate folder so I know where to look for it later.

Go start a match like 1vs1 scroll through every single wrestler on the list. It just dumped all the renders. You can now make your own renders without injecting anything. It even pulls those black renders for wrestlers that don't have one. I need to test if there are separate ones for each one tho. It dumps the renders for slots like Security, Baron Blade, etc. You know all those slots.

Go into Match options, scroll through all the arenas you have. It just dumped all the pictures of the arenas you have.

Same thing for referee screen. It just dumped all their renders so you can easily change them later.

Remember each section you "dump" put into a separate folder somewhere, so you know where to find those exact textures later.

Now start a match in any arena, I chose Raw is War. It now dumped the arena, the logos, commentary team, crowd textures.  

Start a backstage match, walk around the whole backstage, it just dumped all the textures found back there. All the signs on the walls, those crates, everything.

This program puts 2 folders into your documents folder. (It did for me.)

Modded

and 

Original

It will dump all the textures into that original folder. Copy a texture you want and put it into the Modded folder with the same name.

Retexture it and boom its in the game. If your in game while retexturing just back out of what ever menu your in and go back in and the texture is changed. (Some textures need a game restart to show up)

Edited by SnakeSlippers
Cleaned it up
  • Like 1

That sounds pretty cool!  Somehow I never heard of it.  At a quick glance it seems like this would probably work for any game, not just 2k19, right?

I literally found it tonight cause I was looking at ways to import pictures into the game now the servers are down. I saw a couple comments about it so I figured id try it. And now I'm pissed off that I never used this before. It is a Godsend for retexturing. I haven't tried it on any other games yet, I was thinking it might work for others but I just dumped the whole WWE 2K19 game of textures so....I'll be busy for awhile.

43 minutes ago, Dirty Cheater said:

That sounds pretty cool!  Somehow I never heard of it.  At a quick glance it seems like this would probably work for any game, not just 2k19, right?

I'm actually thinking about focusing more on 2k19 again nowadays, since it remains my personal favorite of the 2k series.  This makes me even more tempted now!  I'm trying to find my old back ups for my 2k19 stuff and if I do I might also start posting cheat engine stuff for it and taking requests.  Trying to enjoy the newer games has finally taken its toll on me.  I miss enjoying playing these games.  If I try out that program and run into issues or questions, do you mind if I contact you?

7 minutes ago, Dirty Cheater said:

I'm actually thinking about focusing more on 2k19 again nowadays, since it remains my personal favorite of the 2k series.  This makes me even more tempted now!  I'm trying to find my old back ups for my 2k19 stuff and if I do I might also start posting cheat engine stuff for it and taking requests.  Trying to enjoy the newer games has finally taken its toll on me.  I miss enjoying playing these games.  If I try out that program and run into issues or questions, do you mind if I contact you?

Im still new using this program myself. I just found/setup/tested it last night so I dont know much. But I'll help you with what I can.

I found some things I can't get the retextures to show in game.

Like the sponsor pictures in arena, the exit signs above the doorways. The monitors on the announce desk. The little W icons on the main menu next to the options at the top.

Also the all black render can be changed but its only 1 used by all slots that use that all black render. So you edit it and every slot that uses it will show the same picture.

Never mind. I got the retextures for the sponsor signs, exit signs, monitors, turnbuckle pads, arena logos to work. I think you have to restart the game for it to work. So now everything I tried retexturing works.

• Yes! 1

Worked like a charm!

Have either of you guys managed to get the CAW renders yet?

Glad it worked for you.

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Worked like a charm!

Have either of you guys managed to get the CAW renders yet?

I pulled a couple textures of my CAWs but when I retextured it nothing in game changed. I have to play around with that more.

Here's some things I been messing with so y'all get the idea.

https://ibb.co/x5ggH38
https://ibb.co/T4XfytP
https://ibb.co/n6L3xj2
https://ibb.co/vwn8Fh2
https://ibb.co/xg8xgND
https://ibb.co/wzhQQ6d
https://ibb.co/yXn7zHc

Hell in a Cell cage color, turnbuckle logo, changed exit sign from green to red, put a picture on the monitor, changed label on water bottles, logo on announce desk.

• Glorious 1

Posted (edited)

I tried finding and editing anything CAW render related but I dont think CAWs have renders. I think its their actual model being used? So I dont think you can change them, but I did find that it will dump the textures used for the CAW. So if you make a person then dump their textures you can replace their face texture with one of those real life face textures and it should work.

You can also change weapon textures. Ref logos, ring announcer, weapon wheel, superstar hud.

Edited by SnakeSlippers

• SnakeSlippers changed the title to Easily replace any texture in game with Resorep!
On 6/8/2024 at 12:52 AM, SnakeSlippers said:

I tried finding and editing anything CAW render related but I dont think CAWs have renders. I think its their actual model being used? So I don't think you can change them, but I did find that it will dump the textures used for the CAW

There was a (paid for) software tool for 2k19 back in the day which could inject renders for CAWs, which was why i figured it must be a thing somewhere. No luck though I guess.

Has anyone had any success with crowd signs yet?
I managed to replace some - which show up in the Create-A-Superstar suite under 'Personal Details', yet in the actual match it shows the original. Makes me think that there must be two versions of each sign (one for edit suite, bigger one maybe for actual matches). Having said that, I cannot seem to find the 'larger' files anywhere.

Yet.

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 10:35 AM, El Guapo said:

There was a (paid for) software tool for 2k19 back in the day which could inject renders for CAWs, which was why i figured it must be a thing somewhere. No luck though I guess.

Has anyone had any success with crowd signs yet?
I managed to replace some - which show up in the Create-A-Superstar suite under 'Personal Details', yet in the actual match it shows the original. Makes me think that there must be two versions of each sign (one for edit suite, bigger one maybe for actual matches). Having said that, I cannot seem to find the 'larger' files anywhere.

Yet.

Im sure we cant change CAW renders with this. And I refuse to spend even 1 cent on modding so I'm stuck with this, its ok.

I have noticed a couple of things have 1 or more versions for the texture. Like wrestler renders have 2. One when your picking who to use and then a smaller one when they have a 1vs1 match. Tho the bigger render works when your doing multiman matches.

I haven't touched the crowd signs yet. I haven't found a way to pull the crowd shirts yet either. It did it the first time when I first started using this program but now none of the crowd textures show up except the faces. I'll have to play around with it more.

Too busy changing up the whole menu, ref selection, renders and all that. 

I learned you can pull the referee textures for the models you use and if they use the W logo you can change that to WWF easily which is pretty cool.

NVM finally found the textures for the steel chair, microphone and ladder.

Edited by SnakeSlippers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found another thing you can't do using this program which kinda sucks but it's still pretty easy switching out textures

If you install 1 mod of a wrestler wearing a T-shirt and Pants, then copy that mod a couple of times so you have like 5 attire slots using the same exact mod this program will still only rip the outfit textures 1 time. 

I tried copying the same mod a bunch of times so I could use different attire retextures I made and it will only pull the texture one time.