Modding tools : meta

Evilution

Hello guys so I'm new to 2k24 modding. I used to to mod the hell out of 2k19 with the mod injector, but I haven't played since. Now that I brought 2k24, I've seen that the game require a certain cake hook and cake viewer tools to mod it, and another one named meta 2. I've seen that all of these tools are locked behind a paywall so I wanted to ask the experts here ; If I subscribe to the patreon that gives these tools, do I have to keep paying every month to use the tools or can I just pay for a month then keep the tool forever? I never used patreon before because of my country restrictions but I have a friend who can get me a month in Patreon so I wanted to understand before proceeding.

You can pay one month and keep the tool forever, but keep in mind that the tools are updated all the time, because of patches and new features and etc (especially in the beggining). So yeah, your outdated tool might stop working after an update.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Evilution said:

Hello guys so I'm new to 2k24 modding. I used to to mod the hell out of 2k19 with the mod injector, but I haven't played since. Now that I brought 2k24, I've seen that the game require a certain cake hook and cake viewer tools to mod it, and another one named meta 2. I've seen that all of these tools are locked behind a paywall so I wanted to ask the experts here ; If I subscribe to the patreon that gives these tools, do I have to keep paying every month to use the tools or can I just pay for a month then keep the tool forever? I never used patreon before because of my country restrictions but I have a friend who can get me a month in Patreon so I wanted to understand before proceeding.

pretty much will have to keep subscribing to get Meta if it was anything like 2k23.  Every DLC update last year rewrote/added code for the new wrestlers and Meta had to continuously be updated to work with those files.  Cakeview you could only pay for once.

Meta however is only if you want ADD wrestlers, trons, renders etc to their own slots.  If you only want to REPLACE existing wrestlers, trons, renders you could survive only off Cakeview.

Edited by myk13

20 hours ago, MR.Black said:

You can pay one month and keep the tool forever, but keep in mind that the tools are updated all the time, because of patches and new features and etc (especially in the beggining). So yeah, your outdated tool might stop working after an update.

Thank you for the answer. Does everything update break the moded game tho, or does the mod stays when the update is done, just the tool become outdated? 

19 hours ago, myk13 said:

pretty much will have to keep subscribing to get Meta if it was anything like 2k23.  Every DLC update last year rewrote/added code for the new wrestlers and Meta had to continuously be updated to work with those files.  Cakeview you could only pay for once.

Meta however is only if you want ADD wrestlers, trons, renders etc to their own slots.  If you only want to REPLACE existing wrestlers, trons, renders you could survive only off Cakeview.

Thank you for the answer my friend. I'd love to add new slots to the game instead of replacing existing ones, so my question is, is there a limit to the slots we can add? I mean, do we have lot of new slots to create or there is a small limit, because if the number of new slots we can add is large enough then I think Meta is worth it, but if it's small then maybe I'll stick to cakeview. Sorry I asked a lot of stuff, but can we add new slots for the music too? I've been using sound editor to add custom music and I've nearly used up lot of the generic songs so if Meta can help me add more music slots that too would be great. Again thanks for the reply guys 

8 hours ago, Evilution said:

Thank you for the answer. Does everything update break the moded game tho, or does the mod stays when the update is done, just the tool become outdated? 

Thank you for the answer my friend. I'd love to add new slots to the game instead of replacing existing ones, so my question is, is there a limit to the slots we can add? I mean, do we have lot of new slots to create or there is a small limit, because if the number of new slots we can add is large enough then I think Meta is worth it, but if it's small then maybe I'll stick to cakeview. Sorry I asked a lot of stuff, but can we add new slots for the music too? I've been using sound editor to add custom music and I've nearly used up lot of the generic songs so if Meta can help me add more music slots that too would be great. Again thanks for the reply guys 

Regarding your first question, only the tool gets broken. Everything stays in the game as is.  The only thing that would break is if you added someone to a new slot and then that slot was replaced by an official DLC wrestler.

There are a ton of slots to add.  I don't want to say unlimited, but I've already added nearly 30 new wrestlers to my game without replacing anyone.

15 hours ago, myk13 said:

Regarding your first question, only the tool gets broken. Everything stays in the game as is.  The only thing that would break is if you added someone to a new slot and then that slot was replaced by an official DLC wrestler.

There are a ton of slots to add.  I don't want to say unlimited, but I've already added nearly 30 new wrestlers to my game without replacing anyone.

Thank you so much for making this clear my friend. My last question would be are there tutorials on how to add wrestlers to new slots using meta? Like if I join the discord would I find tutorials there for the 2k24 tool or are there YouTube videos on how to do so? I've seen a YouTube video on how to do it with meta for 2k23, is it the same process or the new meta would require a new way to do it? 

(You wouldn't believe it but here where I live I can't buy the patreon with our currency but I always buy euros and dollars through WISE and buy whatever I want, I'm just waiting for my currency seller to send me money so I can finally join the patreon and discord that's why I'm still not there so I have no idea about this kinda stuff if it's available on discord or not lol)

9 hours ago, Evilution said:

Thank you so much for making this clear my friend. My last question would be are there tutorials on how to add wrestlers to new slots using meta? Like if I join the discord would I find tutorials there for the 2k24 tool or are there YouTube videos on how to do so? I've seen a YouTube video on how to do it with meta for 2k23, is it the same process or the new meta would require a new way to do it? 

(You wouldn't believe it but here where I live I can't buy the patreon with our currency but I always buy euros and dollars through WISE and buy whatever I want, I'm just waiting for my currency seller to send me money so I can finally join the patreon and discord that's why I'm still not there so I have no idea about this kinda stuff if it's available on discord or not lol)

Exactly the same process for 24 as 23 was.  There are plenty of tutorials in the META Discord.  Super easy once you get the hang of it, but can be pretty daunting for newbies.

14 hours ago, myk13 said:

Exactly the same process for 24 as 23 was.  There are plenty of tutorials in the META Discord.  Super easy once you get the hang of it, but can be pretty daunting for newbies.

Thank you very much for the answers my friend! Today I'll finally join the discord and patreon and start learning this process, wish me luck lol again thank you for making this clearer to me 

On 6/1/2024 at 3:12 AM, myk13 said:

let me know if you need help installing mods

Thank you so much! I had lot of problems at first, but then I finally got the gist of it and Successfully assigned moxley, Jericho and Jay white in new slots! Now I have to learn how to install gfx into the game, can you assign titantrons and minitrons to new slots or do I have to replace existing ones?

On 6/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, myk13 said:

You can add them to their own slots

Thanks bro I figured it out and installed some gfx, for some reasons My moviedatatable json file is different from what people are having but I somehow made it work yesterday ( for exemple people's last base game Id there is Sheamus 5005, while for me the last ID i find is 3236 idk why)