Restore saved games from cracked to official

borocanfor

Hey guys

I tried the cracked version of WWE 2k24 and finally liked so much that I felt like buying it.

I thought restoring my saves was as easy as putting all the files inside the Goldberg Steam to the real steam in the new installation. But nothing happened.

Is there any way I can have those saves back ? 

Thanks 

Does it even give you an error message saying the save is corrupted?

Does it create new files in their place after running the game?

I don't know how to do it, but I'd guess you might also face the steam ID being embedded in the save files somehow, which you would meed to be able to change. I'm not really sure.

Posted (edited)

I am positively sure that you will not be able to do it. They encrypt the save using your id (as per my information). Therefore this save is tied to the user id being used in that cracked version user. So you will have to re-download everything or wait for some unlocker which may appear after game updates stop coming or whenever someone who knows this stuff decides to release his unlocker.

Edited by sidkaramat

• 1 month later...

Usually, save files between cracked and official versions aren't directly compatible due to different file structures or DRM. Have you checked if there's a specific way to convert or transfer saves from cracked to official versions?