I can't get arena mods to work at all

RzrSharpe

Hi all,

Absolutely loving this forum, it's a gold mine for relatively new modders to 2k19 like myself.

I am having huge fun with the game and also modding it ready for my Universe. I am having 1 strange problem though which I can't figure out at all.

Quick background, I have had no issues with modding so far, adding wrestlers, renders, movesets, pofos, unlocking attires and adding those, changing music etc, all no issues and working fine.

But when it comes to arenas it is a totally different story. I can't get anything to work at all, not a thing - I can't even get it to change 1 thing or break, or crash or anything. I have downloaded multiple different arena mods and tried installing them all in turn (making sure to return any affected files to the vanilla versions each time so it is a 'clean' install), I have also followed every YouTube tutorial I could find but nothing works.

Is there something I need to do first to get any arena mod to work and I have just missed it? At the moment when I have installed any of them, the in game arenas don't change, they are all the vanilla versions and any that should have been overwritten have not been.

At this point, I have tried several individual arenas that overwrite existing ones. The process I have been using is correct I think - copied over the files in the pac/root, pac/menu folders etc, edited the misc 01 & misc 04 files as per the instructions that came with the mod(s) and rebuilt my chunk.def through CCT but nothing changes in game. 

Last night I tried the hidden arenas mod I found on here. The files inside the download were a bit sparse with no installation instructions so I'm not sure if the Mega DL linked in the thread is the full version anymore (there is only a pac folder inside with no misc 01/04 editing instructions) but I tried to install it anyway and that didn't work either.

Basically I am at a bit of a loss as I would have thought that the various tinkering I have done would have changed at least something even if it had not fully worked. I would have expected some of it to work, or cause a crash if I had affected the files in the wrong way, but everything works as if I hadn't installed a mod at all.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated as it doesn't make sense to me right now and I would really like to use some of the awesome arena mods if possible.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Your modding journey sounds awesome, but I understand how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work. Have you tried double-checking the file paths and making sure everything is in the right place? Sometimes, a small oversight can cause the whole thing to not work. Also, try using one of the mods that came with detailed instructions to ensure you're not missing any steps.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2024 at 9:29 AM, RzrSharpe said:

The process I have been using is correct I think - copied over the files in the pac/root, pac/menu folders etc, edited the misc 01 & misc 04 files as per the instructions that came with the mod(s) and rebuilt my chunk.def through CCT but nothing changes in game. 

Last night I tried the hidden arenas mod I found on here. The files inside the download were a bit sparse with no installation instructions so I'm not sure if the Mega DL linked in the thread is the full version anymore (there is only a pac folder inside with no misc 01/04 editing instructions) but I tried to install it anyway and that didn't work either.

Hi, if I understand correctly, you copy and paste the ‘root’ folders every time you install an arena?

So that could be the problem. You don't need to copy and paste the root folder every time as it contains the two misc files.

If you do that, each time you replace what you edited before with another misc. And you lose your edits.

What you can copy and paste (only if these are replacement arenas for existing ones) are the arena and menu folders. The rest must be edited by yourself, the misc > light file, the root > misc_01 & 04 files , and the prop > init_position.

Edited by BlackBen83