WWE 2K23 injecting pofo data for a character using cheatengine.

BlindedByTheGrace

This tutorial will outline how to inject a pofo file using cheatengine.

I will assume a few things here.

1.  There is a pofo in the wwe2k23 format and layout after patch 1.12

2. You have already created a pofo file for a character using a pofo template guide

3. You already know how to use cheatengine. 

One other thing you will need is the superstar ID list and array of bytes which is required for locating the pofo data. Select the Super ID's and AOB tab- AOB means array of bytes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nSCfJa3ocB_v3Hz_tJbVl5xjfp1XukFy/edit#gid=700934127

First thing you have to do is launch the game, then launch cheatengine. Ensure the cheatengine process is connected to the WWE 2K23.exe file. Also ensure the game is at the main menu.

Next open your pofo file and open the spreadsheet.

For this tutorial, I am going to inject Roman Reigns pofo file in a different character slot (unused) which has another Roman Reigns mod

Lets assume The unused wrestler ID is 1016.

The slot is unlocked  and I have placed the Roman Reigns mod in the baked folder and baked.

It loads in the game but its showing in the female character selection.

IF YOU HAVE YOUR POFO SET TO THE RIGHT SLOT ANDS WRESTLER ID. you can skip this part and go down to INJECTION.

The reason the mod will show in the female character selection is because the developers have set certain slots as female gender by default.

They can be used for male superstars but the gender has to be changed in the pofo data file.

Next I open the Roman Reigns pofo in Hxd as shown. The default Roman Reigns pofo is for his character slot 368 which is the 7001 shown here.

QH64kjO.jpg

If it has to be injected into a different slot, the WRESTLER ID1 , SLOT NUMBER and WRESATLER ID 2 have to be changed in the pofo file to match that of the slot where you want to inject the pofo.

Since I want to place it in 1016, what I need to do is lookup the Wrestler ID and slot number for 1016 in the spreadsheet which I can see here 

kU8dQOM.jpg

The array of bytes is in the format (WRESTLER ID 1) (SLOT NUMBER) (WRESTLER ID2)   I have explained these in the 2k23 pofo layout tutorial.

I then make these changes in the pofo file so it matches the slot I want to place it.

IvPf6Jr.jpg

Here I have changed the wrestler ID's. to match slot 1016. The 00 I underlined is the gender byte. Its set to male. For a female character mod, it will be set as 01.. Then save the pofo file.

INJECTION.

This is a step I highly recommend. First it ensures you are locating the right data in the games memory.

When cheatengine is opened and the process is connected, search for The Rock's array of bytes . IMPORTANT STEP.

The Array of bytes for The Rock's slot 100 is 6400 0000 1A01.

You will observe its different from what is on the spreadsheet 6400 6400 1A01.

The slot number is not part of the array of bytes when searching pofo data.

FOR A MALE CHAARCTER GENDER SLOT , REPLACE WITH 0000 

for a female character slot, replace with 0100.

When searching The Rock's AOB, you will be presented with about 5 addresses as shown. 

The first is the pofo save address for Exhibition mode and the last 3 are usually the Universe mode 1, 2 and 3 saves. The pofo data has to be injected into the 4. Ignore the green text region below.

HrbJDw4.jpg

Next Right Click on the first and select BROWSE THIS MEMORY REGION

bMxKIqt.jpg

The pofo data will be displayed as shown. Next highlight the 64 go to the top menu and select SEARCH - FIND MEMORY

14x35oQ.jpg

A small will open as shown. I have highlighted where the array of bytes for the slot you want is typed. Change the TYPE from text to ARRAY OF BYTES as shown.

ShIbWws.jpg

Next we search the array of bytes for the slot. In the Roman Reigns pofo, the array of bytes for slot 1016 is F803 0000F803.

But remember this is a slot showing as female gender in the game.

This means the gender is set to 01 for female in the gamesave. 

The array of bytes in the gamesave memory will be F803 0100 F803. 

*Its its slot 475 for instance , the array of bytes will be DB01 0000 DB01 since its set as male by default

*Also take note if you have previously placed a pofo for a female on a male slot, it will not have the 0100.

In this case I will type F803 0100 F803 in the box.

X3IplX9.jpg

The character slot 1016 with the female gender byte will be displayed

mnTQ6Tx.jpg

Next go back to the pofo in Hxd, highlight the first byte then press CTRL A to select all as shown, right click then select copy.

What we want to do is copy and paste the pofo data over the block we just viewed in cheatengine.

Jo3PRd3.jpg

Go back to cheatengine and place the cursor before the wrestler ID as shown , right click and select PASTE FROM CLIPBOARD

C3I5I8Z.jpg

The data has now been copied over. You will need to repeat the steps for the other 3 universe mode memory addresses if you want the pofo data to be copied over to Universe.

When completed, you will need to go into the game, make a change to an attribute then SAVE, This will save all changes  into the games memory. 

For instance I went into ROSTER - EDIT SUPERSTARS selected X-PAC and change the crowd reaction from BOO to CHEER

sPNLd5M.jpg

* Take note if you are injecting a pofo created using the template I provided, the name will be shown as CUSTOM SUPERSTAR 9MALE0 in the menu. This is temporary till the game is restarted.

That's about it. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow man...this is just too complex, why 2K makes things so hard right now😂

Will there be an easier way to just change class and weight class, I can ignore other info , since it's too time-consuming...😆

After changing fight class value, and restart the game it just go back to default. how to make this work...

Edited by FREEDOOM

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, this is not possible anymore correct? 1.21 and 1.22 blocked cheat engine (kernel32, ntdll etc) related tools.

Update: Just run the CE after 2K23 is open and at the Edit Superstars screen. Seems 2K did not check that area for triggering the closing.

Edited by Core Dream Studios

Sadly, this is not possible anymore correct? 1.21 and 1.22 blocked cheat engine (kernel32, ntdll etc) related tools.

They added dangerous, malicious code that attacks the computer and can force a BSOD and can even disable all user input while the game performs suspicious behaviors.  They do not know how to implement a proper block, or proper anti-cheat.  They simply added tons of dangerous self-crashing code that also attacks PCs (BSOD, disabled user input, data loss, etc...) at random.  This is why their game exe more than doubled in size when the 1.21 patch was released.  More than half of the game exe is sloppy, garbage, destructive code because they don't know how to add an anti-cheat to their games.  Imagine if a car alarm simply blew up the car when somebody tried to open the door without the key.  That's basically 2k's idea here: Just set off a bomb if we detect something happening.

That being said, the best way to use Cheat Engine is to find one of the undetected versions or compile an undetected version yourself.  Another option is to use x64dbg with the SyllaHide plugin to launch the game with all 2k's dangerous attacks disabled, after which point you can just launch a normal version of cheat engine.  Lastly, anybody using my intergender cheat table gets set up with a working copy of CE and given full 1 on 1 help to fully protect their computer from 2k's attacks while they use it.

Thanks, 2k.  Always looking out for your users.  :)  *bomb goes off*

Edited by Dirty Cheater
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2024 at 7:00 AM, FREEDOOM said:

I just realize I cannt even open WWE2K23 when have CE opened...😂

Open it after WWE 2K23 is open, and at the Edit Superstars screen. :)