WWE2K23 Creating pofo file for a modded character using a pofo data template

BlindedByTheGrace

Before you begin reading through this tutorial, please read through the 2k23 pofo data template guide posted here.

To modify a pofo data file, you will need to have the HEX editor Hxd installed on your PC 

This is downloaded from the Hxd website here https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

In addition you will need the spreadsheet with data values you can use when creating the pofo. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nSCfJa3ocB_v3Hz_tJbVl5xjfp1XukFy/edit#gid=700934127

Here is a link to a zip file with the pofo data template. Download the zip and extract the folder. 

https://mega.nz/file/4UIg2AZR#ke9yg618l-d4VXwyCmbkbVtCiiQ6Ct4Gf5KJzq0FcCI

Make a copy of the pofo template file and open it in Hxd as shown here

EmaQfWD.png

I will attempt to create a pofo for a modded character from scratch. Lets assume I want to create a pofo for Chris Jericho.

For this tutorial , I have placed the model in unused slot 1003.

1. First thing to modify in the pofo template is the wrestler ID and the slot number .

Open the spreadsheet, select the SUPERSTAR ID's and AOB's and scroll down to Wrestler ID 1003

The Array of bytes for the wrestler ID is marked here.

Green -Wrestler ID 1

Blue - Slot Number

Yellow - Wrestler ID 2

Make the changes in the template as shown

FfDaCqi.png

LvwobVZ.png

Next, since this superstar is male, the gender will be set to 00. The character is also not DLC so is et as 00 

Change D1 to 00, change D2 to 00 

also change the B1 to 0A as its a value used for most males as explained in the pofo layout.

ZxoMxXv.png

Next we move to the height, weight and weight class values on the 3rd row.

So how do we know these values?

One way is to search Chris Jericho's profile online.

I search Chris Jericho wiki in google and open the webpage then look on the right as shown here 

Here it shows his height as 6ft, billed weight as 227 lbs and hometown as Calgary Alberta Canada

LsPoZip.jpg

Next look up the height value for 6 ft in the spreadsheet . (HEIGHT VALUES TAB) Its F00E.

Change the B2B2 to F00E.

His weight is 220lbs . This can be converted to hex or looked up in the WEIGHT VALUES tab The weight value in hex for 220 is DC00

Change C2C2 to DC00

A weight value of 220 lbs is in the Light heavyweight category. Change the DD  to 01 for light heavyweight

Change the EE to 01 -Technical. ( though this will not be  read when you save and restart the game , but do change it here)

t9JpolW.png

Next is the Hometown data. The hometown as we saw in the Wiki is Calgary Alberta Canada.

Look for Calgary Alberta in the spreadsheet. (Hometown). The ID is 7F 44 A2 77

Change the C3C3C3C3 to 7F 44 A2 77 as shown here .

Change the C4C4C4C4 which is the HIT POINT ration to 64 20 18 16 16. This is the value taken from The Rock's pofo data. This can be modified in the game

Change the A5A5A5A5 - personality straits to 46 B5 3C 19 50 23. This is coped from Roman Reigns pofo and can be adjusted in the game

W1hI8oO.png

As I mentioned in the pofo layout guide, it is recommended that you edit these values in game to what you want  and just focus on attributes you can't edit in the game when creating a pofo

Alternatively you can copy the attribute values from another superstar, this is why I included pofo files for Roman, The Rock, Becky, Charlotte and Omos just for variation.

This is all you need to modify when creating the pofo from this template.

The name string that will be displayed in game after injecting the pofo file is CUSTOM SUPERSTAR (MALE) . This is temporary and your assigned name will show up when the game is restarted.

Lastly I want to point out some unknown values in the pofo which the developers add and are not selectable in the game. Oftentimes these values do have a function and its good to copy some over when creating a pofo. I will open up Roman's s an example.

Crowd balance and crowd reaction are part of these but most are unknows which havent been figured out. What I do personally is look up the values used for a female superstar and change them to those when crating a pofo for a female superstar.

6p2YQFx.png

When done, you can save the pofo file. Next it has to be injected into the character memory address using cheatengine. This process will be outlined in the 3rd tutorial. INJECTING POFOI DATA FOR A SUPERSTAR IN WWE 2K23.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 4